You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 8:38pm

Aeternal Circle tips?

I seen a number of people trying the new L72 instance, but so far no tips/strategy thread. So, before someone writes a real guide, some observations, based on "easy mode" run

1) Trash is not too bad, but can overwhelm. However, it does not seem too hard to set them off one by one

2) Tornado rooms are a pain. They are like HOTO worms, but move in less clear patterns. Also, some mobs are mixed in the first tornado room, so you have to be able to take couple hits while running through the room even if you avoid tornado contact.

3) First boss is burnable on easy at least, and likely normal with good DPS. Take that, Jenny and Tia!

4) The 3x3 panel has to be activated to get transporter to part 2. No clue which tiles to activate or where the pattern is to be found. Picking wrong ones spawns mobs to kill. Anyone seen a pattern so far or is it meant to be trial and error?

5) Boss 2 is dual boss - fire golem and ice golem. To the side of each of them there are rooms with 3x3 panels, same as needed to get to part 2. A rogue or someone with invis potion can get there without triggering the boss and do the tiles. Not sure if it would help with boss fight or if you are meant to kill the twin bosses and then go there to trigger transporter to part 3.
-- Rustyx --- 85R/85S/70M on Reni (Guild KnightShift). Yes, running the new FOTM R/M, cause I am not elf enough to be WD/S.

Friday, June 15th 2012, 11:55am

I will try to add:
1) Its 5 separated rooms without conection betwin them - you will be ported to random one, depend of portal configuaration.

You can be sure only for first boss that always will be same! So, to not get confused, please try to write name of boss when explain fight!

(excuse me if i write with mistakes, english its not my main language)

YomanROM

Professional

Friday, June 15th 2012, 12:18pm

first and last boss are fixed. 2-3-4 including the rooms leading to them appear in random order.

The 3x3 Panel is always random as far we know yet.
First boss dies pretty fast on either difficulty, yes.

The mobs in the tornado room seem to have quite large aggro range, so just time it right and pull them back to the stairs.
The little tornado room right before boss1 only has statues not actual mobs.
Tornados do physical %dmg, so Aura / Holy Shield / Candy is your friend. Or just go on empty equipment with 5k hp (if you've done the mobs already) and have someone heal you through.
The whole tornado room is unsafe, there does not seem to be a safe spot so even some spots take longer for the tornados to reach you'll have to keep moving at some point if you dont want to get hit. => tornado movement random
Ionsai - DE / Yoman // retired Knight/Warrior/Priest
I like theorycrafting - no i don't know *everything* (yet - im working on it!) :thumbsup: | RoM-Welten Editor/Translator

RoM-Welten: DEEN

[long text]
Ravesden: tl;dr
Yoman: for you everything that's longer than "tl;dr" is tl;dr :p
Ravesden: tl;dr
Yoman: ^^

L3g3nd

Professional

Friday, June 15th 2012, 5:33pm

Do the two AC quests complete on Easy mode and prior to the second boss?
<Acet<Reni<85/82/55<R/S/Ward<
<"It's called Mad Rush + Fast feet + Spellweaver, not speed hacks."<

Friday, June 15th 2012, 5:47pm

Quoted from "L3g3nd;538312"

Do the two AC quests complete on Easy mode and prior to the second boss?

Yeah. 1st boss has the quest completion for both.

Fire and Ice golems gave an item to End that gave him a quest for these two. Not sure what it is all about. Did not have quest for any other bosses.

One boss (Rune Golem) is not burnable, apparently. He heals himself pretty soon, so unless you can burn before, have to do mechanic.

The first boss (Force Golem, I think) has weird aggro pattern. Agroes too easily. Not sure if that is because he is 75 and we are 70-71.
-- Rustyx --- 85R/85S/70M on Reni (Guild KnightShift). Yes, running the new FOTM R/M, cause I am not elf enough to be WD/S.

L3g3nd

Professional

Friday, June 15th 2012, 5:58pm

Quoted from "vfwiffo;538321"

Yeah. 1st boss has the quest completion for both.

Fire and Ice golems gave an item to End that gave him a quest for these two. Not sure what it is all about. Did not have quest for any other bosses.

One boss (Rune Golem) is not burnable, apparently. He heals himself pretty soon, so unless you can burn before, have to do mechanic.

The first boss (Force Golem, I think) has weird aggro pattern. Agroes too easily. Not sure if that is because he is 75 and we are 70-71.

Gave End a quest for One boss and first boss? What's the difference between one boss and first boss?
<Acet<Reni<85/82/55<R/S/Ward<
<"It's called Mad Rush + Fast feet + Spellweaver, not speed hacks."<

Friday, June 15th 2012, 6:11pm

Quoted from "L3g3nd;538325"

Gave End a quest for One boss and first boss? What's the difference between one boss and first boss?

Bad phrasing, sorry.

List of bosses from Rom-Welten

Force Golem Sentry: Machine, Level 75, 18 Ancient Mementos (easy: 6)
Ice Fire Crystal: Machine (Treasure box), Level 65, 22 Ancient Mementos (7)
Tormentor Golem Sentry: Undead, Level 75, 28 Ancient Mementos (7)
Rune Golem Sentry: Machine, Level 75, 37 Alte Mementos (10)
Da'dalodin: Fiend, Level 75, 45 Ancient Mementos (11)

Force is 1st and has quests.

Da'dalodin is last. He is flying lion in livecast, not a golem.

Tormentor was pretty easy. He wont trigger till you kill yellow mobs around him. Then tank and spank.

Ice/Fire is twin bosses. Two of them, and they have some kind of crystal next to them. Clicking on crystal gives the quest item from which you get quest. I think... No clue on mechanics if any.

Rune has mechanic. He heals himself and summons beasts. No clue how to stop healing; did not see active points or anything that killing the beasts did to him.

No particular tricky spots to get to bosses that I saw - tornado rooms were only ones that called for any non-burn work.

I know some people completed it or at least got to last boss. Come on, guys, how about some info on new place?

Friday, June 15th 2012, 7:16pm

bring a m/k or maybe m/d to last boss...something with range instants and a root.

and hammers
WTB- a larger agg for my wand
having performance anxiety ><
[img][/img]

Friday, June 15th 2012, 8:29pm

The Rune Golem Sentry boss enters a healing phase, if you are close enough to get struck by his aoe - you are healing the boss. Each hit heals him 5%.

bleedingblak

I'm here to troll you

Mood: Crying

Friday, June 15th 2012, 9:05pm

1st) Burn

dual boss ) separate use skills

boss with skulls ) kill mobs to spawn, burn

boss that immunes ) move away and dps

5) dps move kill ice

yeah very vague but i want everyone to have the fun of spending thousands of hammers :)

^_________________________________^

~Fly into the distance, disappear for awhile~

mnkmurphy885

Professional

Saturday, June 16th 2012, 2:15am

Boss that immunes: watch your feet. Don't stand, or let the boss stand, on any runes. Rune Destruction whatsit will do an icky AoE to the party that had a bad habit of killing our tank (percent aoe). Kill adds, have tank kite boss around a bit to minimize heal AoE's (he seems to do them no matter where he is standing at 80, 50-55 and 10-5 percent health). Make sure you bring some ranged dps- rogues and warriors can do this one, but they have to pay attention and run around a lot. EVERYONE INCL. TANK MUST RUN FROM HEAL AOE.

Oh, and mage/scouts, don't bring out the Flame Spirit, he'll stand there like an idiot and heal the boss during his AoE. Same is probably true of warden pets. Stat pets don't heal the boss though.

Fire and Ice boss: pro folks use his special skills. Un-pro folk like us just bring them together during shield phase and go slow. He dies just fine without using the special skills. Enrage timer is pretty long. Two tanks are handy. If no real second tank, have off tank do Ice boss and put real tank on Fire.

First boss: try not to blink, you'll miss it.

Skull boss: haven't seen him yet but I hear he's a breeze. Didn't have time to go get him last night.

Last boss: cry? Will update when we have a clue.
Formerly Fandreith, currently Fanndreith, 90 Hunter
World First solo Amboriar
Paz on mages: i have full and complete faith blizzard will keep us fail and balanced.

ray1981

Trainee

Monday, June 18th 2012, 4:58pm

skull boss, yea thats just tank n spank.
Ayawisgi 72K/S/P Ragequit | Govinda, Unb Stam 23.5k, Unb PA 37k
Lilfeather (Retired) 62K/P Realmguardian, Tribe | Govinda
Tanking Guide:http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=75770

Monday, June 18th 2012, 7:15pm

Quoted from "mnkmurphy885;538491"

Oh, and mage/scouts, don't bring out the Flame Spirit, he'll stand there like an idiot and heal the boss during his AoE. Same is probably true of warden pets. Stat pets don't heal the boss though.

Just like Warden Pet, That Mage/Scout Flame Spirit has to be told to attack, he wont go attack automatically. Summoning him will add speed, but if he's not told to do his attack he'll stay next to the Mage that summoned him for the 40 seconds he gives his speed buff.

bleedingblak

I'm here to troll you

Saturday, June 23rd 2012, 3:08am

mnkmurphy885

Professional

Saturday, June 23rd 2012, 9:14am

Oh good lord BB... that looks like the most boring fight in the history of RoM...

6 minutes of clicking feathers and looking for the ice thinger. Ugh. And the boss drops really leet... aggs. And earrings. That you can buy with EoJ. Remind me again why we want to spend 6 minutes doing this? Lol.

We got everyone down but him, and it was so late everyone was like... screw this, going to bed. We had more or less figured out the strat- but I have to say that vid is about as instructive as they get, that'll save us a few wipes from "why do I have to click the feathers, I don't wanna!" Strangely, no one has really wanted to go back, I dunno why lol.

Thanks BB, that vid almost makes up for spam-ganking me last siege war ;)
Formerly Fandreith, currently Fanndreith, 90 Hunter
World First solo Amboriar
Paz on mages: i have full and complete faith blizzard will keep us fail and balanced.

bleedingblak

I'm here to troll you

Saturday, June 23rd 2012, 9:19am

Yeah he's a worthless boss. I bought my tinc earring from the eoj vendor. 2nd pull was 103 dura lmfao.

ruisen2000

The forum bot

Mood: Blink

Saturday, June 23rd 2012, 4:17pm

Is there a trick with the Ice/Fire twin boss? They seems to act like the old SW gates where only dots do full damage. The rest of our hits were doing like... 6k-12k on easy mode. it took us 10 minutes just to down those 2 bosses -_-''
Noblewarrior
lv 87/82/70 M/P/W
Heavensfury, Govinda

Quoted from "robles56;428805"

I pressed the F0 button and it worked, Mega. Try pressing F0, F13 didn't work for me

Nice thread you started there, it's filled with nonsense!! *looks around* *grabs a cookie* *runs away*

Quoted from "Asteriea;428824"

I looked down at my keyboard for an "F0" key.

I got trolled.

Biggest blonde moment ever.

/fail

:(

bleedingblak

I'm here to troll you

Saturday, June 23rd 2012, 6:56pm

Yes there is, you have to down their shields by bringing the one close to the other then moving them away so they don't debuff the tank.

Saturday, June 23rd 2012, 8:23pm

Is a second full-time tank a must for the Ice/Fire twins? We have some problems with tanking the remaining boss, he hits our R/K for 80k (sometimes twice a turn), and the rest of the party for 100k+.

Or are we simply expected to level and gear a Champion character because of its Shield form?

Saturday, June 23rd 2012, 8:52pm

Quoted from "Awatares;540438"

Is a second full-time tank a must for the Ice/Fire twins? We have some problems with tanking the remaining boss, he hits our R/K for 80k (sometimes twice a turn), and the rest of the party for 100k+.

Or are we simply expected to level and gear a Champion character because of its Shield form?

I am able to tank one of the twins while the main tank tanks the other. It hits me for ~30K as a P/K with ~340K pdef. It's not too terrible of a boss as he doesn't do much AoE so i'm able to keep the tank healed and myself healed as well pretty easily.
Borella - Heretic - Level 87 Mage/Priest/Warrior/Scout/Knight