You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

YomanROM

Professional

• "YomanROM" started this thread

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 9:44pm

RoM-Welten goes International!

It is done! We proudly present our newest project: RoM-Welten.com

We've been doing our specials bilingually for the last couple of months after we noticed the increase in visitors from other parts of the world than just Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

Now it's done and we proudly present our new english edition of RoM-Welten, which is now filled with ... well, all the good stuff we already had done in german. Now it's tailor-made for all the Taboreans out there who are not capable of understandig german and are fed up with putting everything into google translate just to be able to read and understand all of our articles and news. You will find everything on our new site http://www.RoM-Welten.com, which can alternatively be reached via rom.onlinewelten.com/en/.

Short overview of what to expect on RoM-Welten.com:

A lot of translated news, articles and overviews
Completely english site
Commentary functionality also for english users

A little teaser especially for our english and american readers: We've been working on a RoM-Armory replacement for quite some time now and hope to have it finished soon™!

Should you find any errors or mistakes, be it technical or grammatical ones, tell us.

We're currently still a bunch of germans without any native english speakers, just trying to do it as good as possible, but we're also just humans, mistakes DO happen ;-)

Please use our contact form or drop a mail to rom[at]onlinewelten.com !

Of course we're looking for editors and translators willing to help us translate all the good stuff from german to english (also vice versa) and, probably even more important for now, redact and correct it

Just contact one of us either via contact form, email or through the official forums. You can't miss us. ;)
Ionsai - DE / Yoman // retired Knight/Warrior/Priest
I like theorycrafting - no i don't know *everything* (yet - im working on it!) :thumbsup: | RoM-Welten Editor/Translator

RoM-Welten: DEEN

[long text]
Ravesden: tl;dr
Yoman: for you everything that's longer than "tl;dr" is tl;dr :p
Yoman: ^^

mnkmurphy885

Professional

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 10:11pm

Yoman, that's like the most awesomest thing ever :)

You guys could be greedy and keep all your little nuggets of RoMmy goodness to yourselves and the few people brave enough to try Google Translate, but going out of your way to translate all that stuff is... above and beyond the call of fansite duty.

Anyone who complains about grammatical errors should have their toon fed into a woodchipper feet first.

If anyone hasn't discovered this site yet, go look. They have a completely different set of information from the RomWiki and Runesdatabase, and it's stuff you really want to know. Boss spawn times, charts and tables and graphs- Yoman may not know everything yet, but him and his Weltenvolk have come up with a lot of interesting scheiser. It's a theorycrafter's paradise.

And how awesome is it that the crazy leet Euro's wanna share with us lameo's in the US?

Thanks guys! :)
Formerly Fandreith, currently Fanndreith, 90 Hunter
World First solo Amboriar
Paz on mages: i have full and complete faith blizzard will keep us fail and balanced.

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 10:31pm

Absolutely... one of the most in-depth and interesting ROM sites and wealth of information.

I figure you guys are doing your own data client parsing, right? I always thought that runesdatabase was the only site that did that, but you have info that I can't find there. Especially since runesdb says they are "up to date with patch 4.0.7 data", and we are not in 4.0.7 anymore.
-- Rustyx --- 92R / 92S / 92M on Reni (Guild KnightShift). Yes, running the new FOTM R/M, cause I am not elf enough to be WD/S.

Oh, and people who have more than 3 classes are clinically insane.

YomanROM

Professional

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 10:50pm

runesdatabase has the prettier website (and i really like their search and compare), we have better data because we update not only once a year :D They also have a total different approach to the content - IF they update, they more or less dump the whole new data into their database and index it without filtering anything really, but you can search for quests, items and stuff. We actually go dig for the good stuff... which is sometimes hard because the data is a freakin big mess. And dont get our programmer started about correct calculation for attributes from skills stats and titels for the armory .... he should have grown some grey hair by now :D
I like theorycrafting - no i don't know *everything* (yet - im working on it!) :thumbsup: | RoM-Welten Editor/Translator

[long text]

Wednesday, May 30th 2012, 2:00am

Thank you for all your compliments. :)

We're always open for your messages and emails! ;)

suprra

Professional

Mood: Cursing

Wednesday, May 30th 2012, 5:16am

Awesome <3 your website, thanks guys :D

Friday, June 1st 2012, 1:14pm

Hallo all fans of RoM,

today, after a short interruption, which we needed for our english edition, we continue our series with news about Chapter V of Runes of Magic. Have a look at

[Chapter V] Instance "Aeternal Circle" - Preview boss drops

We're currently working on an overview of all monster-attributes. The first results really look promising and we think, it will be an interesting article.

Have a good weekend :)
Your
RoM-Welten Team

Monday, June 4th 2012, 8:16pm

Here we are again :).

Only one week is left until Chapter V will be released. We have told you almost every useful information that we could find. Today we have a closer look at the missing skills for the new classes. Have a look at our latest news about

[Chapter V] More Warlock and Champion skills

Have fun reading.

Your
RoM-Welten Team

YomanROM

Professional

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 1:29pm

Fresh from the E3 press package we dug up 24 new official screenshots - hooray!
Wanna see what Champions and Warlocks look like? A glimpse into the new zones and instances?

Here we go: [url=http://rom.onlinewelten.com/news,id5200,chapter_v_24_new_screenshots.html?sec=1][Chapter V] 24 new Screenshots![/url]

[long text]

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 1:46pm

Quoted from "YomanROM;534847"

Fresh from the E3 press package we dug up 24 new official screenshots - hooray!
Wanna see what Champions and Warlocks look like? A glimpse into the new zones and instances?

Here we go: [url=http://rom.onlinewelten.com/news,id5200,chapter_v_24_new_screenshots.html?sec=1][Chapter V] 24 new Screenshots![/url]

And the big mystery (do dwarven women have beards, boobs or both?) still goes unanswered. :)
-- Rustyx --- 92R / 92S / 92M on Reni (Guild KnightShift). Yes, running the new FOTM R/M, cause I am not elf enough to be WD/S.

Oh, and people who have more than 3 classes are clinically insane.

suprra

Professional

Mood: Cursing

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 2:25pm

LMFAO

I do see a distinct lack of female dwarves!

LadyMacV

Professional

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 1:55am

Maybe I'm wrong to post this in this thread, but I took a look at the boss respawn times. I'm curious as to why "Nightmare Androlier" is listed on a 10 minute respawn timer, as once he's killed he goes down for 8 hours?

It might be 10 minutes overseas, I do remember that if you fail to kill the boss he goes on a 10 minute reset, but they're two different things.
In a world of black, white, and grey... I'd be bright friggin' purple. M/P on Reni.

YomanROM

Professional

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 3:53am

Its just what the client data shows us for that certain mob - if its modified again on the server side we wont know.

The article says so in the introduction:

"However it is not possible to only read the tables as they are, because other funtcion (scripts, programcode) can overwrite the respawn time" :)

Read: Take the list, but with a grain of salt.

Another example would be ant queen. 24h. But if you show up exactly 24h later after killing it, it either is there waiting for you already ( or has been killed again by someone else ) , or has not shown up yet. There is some kind of other modifier involved for certain mobs that is not available in the client data (or if it is, it is still unknown to us where to find it in all the mess there :D)

[long text]

Friday, June 8th 2012, 7:05pm

Hello friends of RoM,

Chapter V isn't out yet and we would like to pass the time with more information about it. If you like pets, this news will be very intersting for you. Read

[Chapter V] New "Zodiac" Pets

to find out how you can build them and what they can do. Only their introduction is still written in the stars ;).

Have fun reading and a good weekend.

Your
RoM-Welten Team

Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 1:59pm

You want to know, what's new in version 5.0.2545? Don't miss our addition to the official patch notes:

Localization Changes

We're working on some more guides and overviews, which will be available soon. Almost finished: a detailed list of monster attributes.

Your
RoM-Welten Team

Thursday, July 12th 2012, 9:43am

Hello and good morning to all RoM-players :).

After the mass of news about Chapter V we used the time to update some content and write new interesting articles.

We have e new series for all fashion fanatics out there. Saylem presents her favorite skins in RoM-Style of the Week. She also lists, where you can find the items and which colors she used.

You would like to know more about mobs than their HP? No problem, have a look at Monster Attributes, where we list almost every value for every mob. This is the first version and some attributes may change a bit, because we found a few values with unknown effects.

Have fun reading :).

Your
RoM-Welten Team

YomanROM

Professional

Thursday, July 12th 2012, 4:00pm

regarding the "Monster Attributes" article: thanks to a certain "failmage"(tm) who helped us to find out some values we were too blind too see :D

[long text]

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 2:03pm

With one of the latest patches the refining of resources has changed. This also affects the guild contribution. You can find the best contribution in our today news.

Your
RoM-Welten Team

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 7:35pm

Another week, another News :).

Chapter V is far from being complete, but this will change for sure. The next zone will be Chrysalia and we want to show you a short

[Chapter V] Preview Chrysalia

Have fun reading :)

Your
RoM-Welten Team

Friday, August 31st 2012, 7:18am

Hello and good morning to all RoM-players out there :).

The first patch after the summer break brought us new castle skins, events and world bosses, which drop a new currency. Have a look at our latest news

The new "Proof of Legend"-Stats

to find out, what you can get for this new currency and which item has the best chance for your favorite stats.

Your
RoM-Welten Team