You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, June 15th 2017, 12:19am

Hi I'm new!

Helllooo Mithras!

I'm new and nubly. I do enjoy MMO's however. How's everyone doing?

Anyone have tips for someone starting out? Saw beginner's guide but looks mostly like tips on just getting started with the client. (goes to use search function also) ^o^

Auros

Professional

Mood: Mellow

Thursday, June 15th 2017, 12:42am

First piece of advice is to find a guild. Preferably a helpful guild.

Open a say chat and type in /join world or /join trade whatever Mithras uses for free world chat.

If not getting any help on Mithras, create a new toon over on Erebos, which seems to be more active and shout there.
Govinda P/W/K/M 100x4 :pump:
Wl/R/M/Ch 100x4 :borg:
Wd/W/S 100/100/100
W/M 100/100 Glass Cannon: oh gawd, not again :pinch: ... and numerous others Semi-retired :pillepalle:

Thursday, June 15th 2017, 2:39am

Hello and Welcome to the community. i am sure that there is a friendly guild on Mithras that can maybe help you out.
Have fun!

Friday, June 16th 2017, 2:06am

Play on MIthras if you plan on trying to run endgame content.

Mithras uses /Trade. You can join a starter guild like Whitesharks, Orion, Crush.

Here's a list for you of Endgame viable classes:

DPS:

W/Wd
W/S
S/Wd
S/R
R/M

Healer:

Druid/Warrior/Warden

Tank:

Knight/Warrior/Priest

Debuffer/Buffer Classes:

M/Wl
Wl/M
Ch/P
K/P
Wd/S

Don't pick anything outside of these classes if you want to actually be useful and pull your weight properly in all endgame instances. There are others that are semi-viable but honestly unless you want to be carried or constantly half the usefulness of everyone else this is your list. Do not under any circumstances choose a magical class as dps.
W = Warrior
Wd = Warden
S = Scout
R = Rogue
M = Mage
Wl = Warlock
Ch = Champion
P = Priest
Magío • Mithras

Friday, June 16th 2017, 1:12pm

Which is why the name Runes of Magic is an absolute Misnomer.