You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

twintyphoon

Beginner

• "twintyphoon" started this thread

Mood: Unsure

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 6:33am

Dark Damage part of "Dark Energy Strike"

Sup my RoM family,

After a ton of interest; I decided to partake in a bunch of test to try to figure out the damage damage formula for "DARK ENERGY STRIKE".

It appears, the dark damage (136.5 DARK DAMAGE @ Lvl 95 (what level my DES is @)). OPPOSED to ~500 dark damage of psychic arrows, 1335 dark damage of Warp Charge, etc. Which in theory; should NOT hit as hard as my other attacks such as the warlock general skills...(level 50 psychic arrows -- ~500 dark damage with the cast time multiplier; warp charge; WWC; etc.)

BUT after numerous attempts of testing, with AND WITHOUT the % Dark damage increase of "SOUL FORGE MYSTERY" (mine being @ Lvl 90; thus when I get a physical crit, every 30 seconds, 10 seconds I'd get a 55% dark damage % increase.) Without the dark mastery, (using all mage gear and a level 98 tiered staff) I can hit my dark attacks for ~110-125k crits on PLAYERS. HOWEVER, WITH the dark damage bonus, I can get +50% more of that which pretty much evens out to ~200k a hit on the dark damage part of the attack.

When my psychic arrows only hit about 1/2 to 5/8's of the attack. And every other dark damage skill I have is considerably LESS than that of the DES dark damage part.

NOTE: I haven't tried to use all of the debuffs I will name in the following paragraph, (I will get a run together and try to attempt to "alt" our way to the "top" XD)

It MAY not seem like much of a burst, but with all these particular buffs, your 10second DARK mastery, and Indomitable Spirit, (making DES hit 2x for 1x hit) and DES not having a cd besides GCD & only costs 20 rage for a champ...

When the mdef is reduced on the boss, and the dark damage % increase received on the boss via; Heart Death (wlk/w), WWC, Soul Brand (wlk/m) and just over all damage increase received of the boss, AD, R/CH mechanisms...and lastly magical defense drops from seeds, earth pulse from M/D, MR, etc...

So overall, I was also wondering if it could be decent MAGIC dps?? As well if anyone knows the formula of this dark damage part, PLEASEEEEE lemme know.

It is quite a fun class to play and could be good? I just need to test and get in on runs.. and time everything correctly..lol

Thanks, y'all!
Making sick music.. Taking LA by storm.

Also a hardcore gamer,

Keentech-- 98C/98P/60W/50M
Earthblitz-- 98D/60W/60R

The old Reni--Mithras

Rougetopriest

Professional

Mood: Squint

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 5:10pm

ill certainly try it out when I get more tp on my champion side for ch/wl :o I cant really compare to your numbers as idk what the gearing or buffing situations were of you and the player you tested on, however I find most of my instant casts hit just as hard as psychic arrow, and if they player does not have honor gear will easily hit 200k even with very low matk (by wl/ch standards).

Definitely something funky though as it only states 136 dmg dmg and does the same or more as psychic arrows which as you said has the cast time multiplier. That being said I doubt it would be a better dps then some of the warlock options in magical dark dmg, such as wl/ch, simply because warlock itself has an immense amount of dark dmg buffs.

Now whether or not ch/wl can still do good as well however, I would be interested to know, but cant help much on the testing side until I farm more champion tp :p
Siege War Videos :)

Semi-Retired

~Zen

twintyphoon

Beginner

• "twintyphoon" started this thread

Mood: Unsure

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 9:13pm

Sweet, thank you for the reply, there, @Zen. Now I know I'm not the only one who thinks this is worth looking into.

NOTE: I did a ton more testing last night with some peeps in my guild--the formula seems to be even weirder than I had expected...

APPARENTLY; the it effects the boss (or w/e you are attacking) differently than any other magic skill I've seen. What it seems to me is a different curve for DES magic part than i.e. psychic arrow. I have to work more and see if it purely go off of mdef, or a combination of the two (i.e. the weird damage formula of ignite, etc). I know for one that it does go off of MAGICAL ATTACK. Don't know whether pdef or mdef yet. As well as attack speed seems to also increase it by a bit. So I don't really know at this point until I test...a lot more...

So yea, thank you for the reply! And we'll get this thing figured out soon enough!
Making sick music.. Taking LA by storm.

Also a hardcore gamer,

Keentech-- 98C/98P/60W/50M
Earthblitz-- 98D/60W/60R

The old Reni--Mithras

Rougetopriest

Professional

Mood: Squint

Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 6:19am

Only 9 months late but here goes nothing...

I typed out a nice big discussion outlining this classes pros and cons and taking about why magic dps on it wouldnt be viable outside of pvp, and how in physical gear it could do alright with a few changes but I somehow deleted it so :D he's a run down of some elite skills I'd like to see changed to make this class more viable by taking away the magical side of the elite skills as trying to go half and half on physical/magical never works, ends up only being half good on both aspects that way.

Rune Siphon- "Inflicts 60.0% main hand weapon physical DPS and 70.0 Dark Damage to a target. Also restores 20.0 HP to the caster." (357%, 139.3, 416HP at max)

-Lowest DPS physical skill availible to this class, at the cost of 10 rage nad 20 focus with a 12second cd.
-The Dark Dmg does next to nothing outside of magical gear, vice versa for the DPS hit of the skill.
-This class has another elite with no cd which at the cost of 35 focus resets Rune Siphon and makes its next use deal 20% mroe dmg

Changes:
-Do away with all magical buffs/damage for this class, starting by changing the 139.3 dark dmg to either a second small dose of main hand wep dps, or possibly a DOT, considering its secondary is warlock which has 2 20sec+ DoTs.
-Have this skill cost 25 focus and lose the rage requirement. This class has zero filler skills to use that do not require rage outside of rune pulse. It hits low, so it would do an adaquite job of simply something to use to begin a fight with no rage, or to fill holes in a fight wehre you run out of rage, weaving between its reset skill and this one (total cost of 60 focus to use both)

Dark Energy Strike- "Inflicts 70.0% main hand weapon physical DPS and 70.0 Dark Damage on target. Also carries a chance to reset your Rune Siphon's cooldown time." (555.1%, 139.3 at max)

-Key skill in burst dmg rotation, no cd, at the cost of 20 rage.
-Hits twice with another elite activated called Indomitable Spirit
-The Dark Dmg does next to nothing outside of magical gear, vice versa for the DPS hit of the skill.

Changes:
-Once again, do away with all magical buffs/damage for this class, starting by changing the 139.3 dark dmg to either a second small dose of main hand wep dps, or possibly a DOT, considering its secondary is warlock which has 2 20sec+ DoTs.
-Only other thing i can mention here isn't a change for this skill, however the fact that this has a chance to reset Rune Siphon cd, makes the changes I listed for that skill an even more viable filler.

Soul Forge Mystery- "Increases Critical Physical Hit Rate by 20.0 for 300.0 seconds. If critical attack occurs while in effect, it increases dark attribute magic power by 10.0% for 10.0 seconds. (After the effect has ended it cannot be triggered again for seconds.)" (257.6, 59.5% at max)

-Only triggered on a physical critical hit, however buffs magical power?
-Low amount of increased critical rate at lvl 99

Changes:
-I'd love to see the 59.5% magic power changed to 59.5% critical physical dmg, considering the class itself has 2 crit buffs, and a skill garenteed to crit.
-Not that 60% critical pdmg is even a huge amount of dps increae, but if people think its 'too op' -.- then even just make this skill a passive that adds an extra effect of +300-500 crit on your forge buff, so that you dont have to use an extra buff slot for 257 crit and useless magic power.

Quick note, Endless Pulse elite, make the heal 2% every second for 12 seconds (that way the 7% atk speed is actually also able to be properly used as a burn buff.)

Would love to chat rotation and other theories about this class with people, hit me up on here or in game if you're interested. Otherwise, RW/GF, fix this stuff. kk thx.

ps- Allow for 6-7 iss' 5 is too little now with so many new ones.
Siege War Videos :)

Semi-Retired

~Zen