You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, January 24th 2017, 9:14pm

Changes you want to see in a combo

Seeing the thread of the lvl 80 elites got me thinking about all the forgotten classes that are just utterly useless that no one will ever see them. Here is just a couple of random ideas I had.

R/P - I see it as the OP PvP class, but is just outclasses by R/M in basically everyway
Kick - CHANGE to increase in your OWN damage to inflicted target by 50% instead of the movement speed where anyone can slow people by hitting them from behind.
This will help its ability to burst down tankier targets.

Slowing Poison - CHANGE to an AOE with no cast time (like Enlivened Blade) rather than single target.
A 1 sec cast to one target just seems so useless on how fast pace PvP is.

Sinister Methods - COMPLETE CHANGE - When Holy Aura is in affect, your critical hit rate is 100% and critical damage is increased by 50%.
An option of survivability vs. Burst dmg. or even sometimes both :O

Mana Surge - CHANGE to recover energy instead of Mana (10 energy when hit). "Energy Surge"
Who needs mana -.-

LvL 80 Elite - Empowered Regenerate, Recover 2% HP a second.
Would really make it powerful as a roamer and true solo class.

Priest/X
Honestly I feel like all the right priest changes were done in P/Wl but it's unfortunate basically all of the existing priests are humans XD

Insane single target heal, as well as temporary raid heals. Utility with putting Holy Aura on friendlies as well as moving them out of harms way (or to troll them XD)

R/L - what could've been something OP
Dark Soul Smelt - Change it to magic damage based off PHYSICAL ATTACK like ghostly strike.
I think with this small change, I think it would be really good.

I was trying to think of PvE class combo changes but people will eventually always go to what is best dps. I remember R/WD and R/M sort of competed, but R/M eventually just outclassed it then every rogue turned R/M

I'd like to see other people crazy ideas :phatgrin:
Some were already seen on the other thread. And try to refrain from, "class x does low damage, increase x damage by 100%"
Let's also assume that R/W isn't terrible and might consider looking at the forums.

The forgotten humans, elves and dwarves will be forgotten no longer! kappa

Thanks!
Osha Erebos - Evilempires
Shaynoff R/S/M (98/98/85)
Rakalaka M/P/L (98/98/98)
Ffonyahs Wd/W/S (98/98/98)

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "SHAYdynasty" (Jan 25th 2017, 5:55pm) with the following reason: added priest, formatting, #memes

Tuesday, January 24th 2017, 9:46pm

Idk if it's crazy enough for your thread but it's such a logical twist to Blood Arrow.

Mage/Scout Lv80 Elite: Mana Arrow

Blood Arrow drains Mana instead of HP to Raise Magical Damage by w/e % it's at. Also the physical damage part of your shot is based off of your magical attack too since arrows are coated in Mana.
Magío • Mithras

FarmerTom

Professional

Tuesday, January 24th 2017, 9:58pm

give a ch/p ability to battle rez o.o
Misguidedknight 72S/72K/70R Retired
Cerburus 100Wd/100S/100W/100R/100D/70M
Misguided 100CH/100R/100M/68WL/88P/52W
Sober 100K/60P/60W <-best toon name for anyone that knows me :)

Once proud co-leader of Exiled Demon Horde.
Been on multiple servors
Started playing around lvl 55 Cap...

Easycompany

ruisen2000

not a wallet warrior

Mood: Blink

Tuesday, January 24th 2017, 11:54pm

Mage general:

Electric Bolt - Would like to see the damage from this skill doubled, with a 20% casting speed buff that lasts 5 seconds, skill would have 10s CD.

Meteor Shower - Change this to be effected by wind mastery, also half the channeling time of the skill.

Intensification - Change to give 1k magic crit

Also, nerf Papa.
Noblewarrior
lv 98/98/89/60 M/W/P/K
Kikosi 98/50/60 Wl/Ch/M
the fail clothie tank~

Inactive

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ruisen2000" (Jan 25th 2017, 4:21pm)

Wednesday, January 25th 2017, 3:25am

Make intensification a 5 minute cooldown, make it actually work.
Borella - 100 W/M/K/P/S
VVV
If you play P/K in instances you're garbage

mohammed1234

WarriorKing

Wednesday, January 25th 2017, 8:26am

Lol intensification is working as intended i would like for it to give pure damage tho but k/m would be king lol

Wednesday, January 25th 2017, 4:22pm

S/P - seems like a good support DPS class, but doesn't give enough and do enough itself to matter.
Mana Arrows - I feel like this could be really good, just 18% seems low.

Vampiric Transformation - At level 65 Vamp Arrows, also reduces damages by 10%.

Spiritual Lead - Places a banner target location. ANY friendly (regardless of party) within 100 has increased attack speed by 15%. Stacks with everything. Lasts 30 secs. 1min CD

Aggro Lead - CHANGES to whole party instead of one target. So the 70 elite is 10% damage for whole party.
It'll still probably be a G2 DPS, so this is useless.

Level 80 elite - Banner of Power
Places a banner at target location. All enemies within the area (150?) receive increased damage by 10%. Lasts 15 secs. 2min CD.

It'll solidify it for being a great support DPS while still doing decent DPS itself.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "SHAYdynasty" (Jan 25th 2017, 4:33pm) with the following reason: removed the aggro lead change, added 80 elite

Wednesday, January 25th 2017, 6:06pm

Without completely breaking the build:

P/W:

Battle Monk Stance - Remove the max Pdef limit ( allow it to level up w/ the skill ), 68.8% @ 98
Fighting Spirit Combination - Remove the cast bar. Treat this skill like the D/W Cross of Thorns, 2 instant hits.
Power Build-Up - Remove the max pdmg boost limit ( 81.4% @ 98 1-h, 60.8 @ 98 2-h ) or increase it to 70% 1-h, 50% 2-h @ 50; Remove max hp boost limit ( 30.4% @ 98 ).
Condensed Rage - Should be a 30 second buff that generates 10 rage every 3 seconds and heals x every 3 seconds. 2 minute cd.

this next thing is for ALL priests... remove the fairies & make then 80 range Halos. Heck you can still call it a fairy buff, but the fairy generates a halo effect around the priest. They constantly get in the way & many boss AOEs kill them even when they're concealed.

Yrcanos

The Dungeon Keeper

Wednesday, January 25th 2017, 6:11pm

Fighting Spirit Combination - Remove the cast bar. Treat this skill like the D/W Cross of Thorns, 2 instant hits.

This is an instant skill and has no cast time, and therefore no castbar.
However, the bar that appears is showing the time between the two attacks, not a cast, as the two attacks do not happen simultaneously..

Wednesday, January 25th 2017, 7:45pm

@Yrcanos: That's why I said to treat it like the D/W skill. I play both classes & Cross of Thorns has no bar pop up and both attacks land right away.

Thursday, January 26th 2017, 8:38pm

make chain drive proc for Champs in "any altered state" meaning disassembly mode and shield form.

also change the ch/r elite "Disaster Appears" to increase critical physical damage to like 20%. currently it only increases attack speed by 10% and critical damage by 1%

please make that 10% attack speed, and x% critical damage... idc just more than 1% >.<
Krayden
Co-leader of Serenity
Server Mithras
Krayden - K/W/S
Godussop - S/Wd/R/M
Zathal- D/W/S/Wd

I do a lot of my forum stuff from my phone, so forgive any typos please :3

Thursday, January 26th 2017, 11:13pm

i'd like to see enchanted throw hit as hard as elemental rampage, without aoe damage reduction, without cooldown, and preferably without costing projectiles. i got no bag space.
Saito fix my wings

~ Aqualink removed part of signature deemed inappropriate

mohammed1234

WarriorKing

Thursday, January 26th 2017, 11:38pm

Lmao I would like to see flame hit as hard as snipe with 0.1 cast speed

Friday, January 27th 2017, 3:34am

Also, nerf Papa.

Hey now :(
Callmepapabear - Erebos (Formerly Osha)
Storyteller and Cenedrils - 190,219 PA R/M - 196,201 PA S/R
I upload vids now and then
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaaIokqEpV_7X7NTi_bADlg

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 1:09am

Make W/R Great Again

This is mainly inspired by the fact that Human Physical Warrior DPS is screwed over for sustain damage.

Shadowstab Perfection
Also causes the target to be vulnerable (obviously only W/R shadowstab would be able to do this, if anyone is wondering)
Just seemed appropriate to do, idk maybe its worthless

Speed Up
Passive bonus applies to mount speed as well. Also increases attack speed by 1% for every 200 range you travel by foot. Stacks 10 times. buff lasts 8 secs. (yes you can essentially just pace back and forth so this permanent attack speed as long as you stay mobile)
Gotta go fast! Why not gotta go fast for a purpose! Stay mobile = more dps!

Blood Dance
Increases your own and party member's attack speed by 5% on use. Lasts 10secs, cannot be triggered again for 30secs. Stacks with everything.

50 Elite - Change to "Tactical Mastery"
No longer need a 2H weapon for this skill to work. Goes off shadowstab bleeds as well as slash bleeds.
The way I wanted it to work is that it will count slashes first, then any extra shadowstab bleeds, it will count them as well.
i.e 3 slashes and 4 shadowstab bleeds. This new tac attack will hit a total of 5 times. 1 for the base, 3 from the slashes and 1 more for the extra shadowstab. if it gets to complicated then just ignore the latter part. Cuz 13 or so hit tactical from 5 w/r is insane lol.......

60 Elite - Change to "Agility Perfection"

Able to activate agility to double its effect for 30 secs. 1 min CD, passive does not go on a CD

80 Elite - "Off hand Mastery"
20% of your offhand damage is treated as your main-hand damage. (no I don't want this on rogues since we always have an off-hand. This is meant to be an incentive to use 2 1h axes to be truly effective as a W/R)

Math (based off RoM Database, i really hope this is right lol)

Lethal Betrayal t12+16 OD
20509 DMG @ 3.2 attack speed = 6410 DPS

Foot Soldier of Perdition t12+16 OD
25214.9 DMG @ 3.7 = 6800 DPS

With the 80 Elite
2 Lethal Betrayals at t12+16 OD
24610 DMG @ 3.2 APS = 7690 DPS

like i said, its meant to really make W/R use 2 1handers.
If tiering 2 weps for 1 class combo seems to much, another idea i had was to take 15% speed of the off hand and treat it as main hand. I have no idea how the math works for that, but potentially could make it so they would try to find the fastest offhand and i think that would be too insane.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SHAYdynasty" (Feb 1st 2017, 1:31am) with the following reason: edited the amount of tac hits

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 2:34am

Druid nerfs priest buffs

Druid can literally solo heal anything endgame.

Raise the cooldown on MEF to like 6 seconds. Drop seed debuff so its lower than sapping arrows.

Give priest a debuff of their own. Group heal to hit raid members instead of just party. Amplified attack to also give some crit, since druids awake gives pdmg

P/S Chain of light to hit raid members instead of just party.

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 3:50am

TBH, I think RW needs to roll back the heal penalty of GH. Leave GH range as single party.

Basically, you'd still want a Priest healing main tank party & druid to do general raid heals then.

Increase Heal effectiveness so the single target Heal heals 3x more then GH would.

Basically, make Priests high powered, but limited range/target healers; make Druids general raid multi-target healers.

D/W is a specific combo that has Awakening of the Wild btw; not all Druids have that skill. But I do like your idea that Amp should increase crit. :)

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 4:16am

Thats still going to be the problem though, druid doesn't need a priest to be the main tank healer, they can do it themselves just as effectively AND heal the raid. Even if GH debuff was rolled back, there still would be 0 reason to take a priest over a druid, they have 0 debuffs, their heals aren't as good, they got kinda weak buffs, list prolly goes on.

mohammed1234

WarriorKing

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 6:49am

Let priest heal outside of raid problem solved

Drakkarsdad

Professional

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 12:52pm

Druid nerfs priest buffs

Druid can literally solo heal anything endgame.

Raise the cooldown on MEF to like 6 seconds. Drop seed debuff so its lower than sapping arrows.

Give priest a debuff of their own. Group heal to hit raid members instead of just party. Amplified attack to also give some crit, since druids awake gives pdmg

P/S Chain of light to hit raid members instead of just party.

Druid Buffs/Priest nerfs

Make MEF instantly restore all HP to raid members and remove cool down. Give Priest group heal a 10 second cool down

Give Druid a raid wide bubble with 100% damage reduction: in addition to damage reduction it also brings raid to full health.

Make P/S chain of light single target same as blossoming life.