You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, February 5th 2017, 5:16am

which class to play at endgame?

warden / warrior or warrior / warden?

assuming everything is even, which one is the better choice?

Sunday, February 5th 2017, 7:31am

I'd say Warrior/Warden
Magío • Mithras

Sunday, February 5th 2017, 7:54am

Warden/Warrior has better burn if no other warriors. Warrior/Warden has better sustain in general and better burn if there are a lot of warriors. Wardens have more aggro/mana issues. Best combo depends on party but for VoR mainly Warrior/Warden.
Radium (Jackiechamp)
Quisty
Mearkin
VVV Reni

YouTube

Sunday, February 5th 2017, 4:21pm

W/WD has much better sustain for instances, and still does good damage. As well as having much less aggro/mana issues. I also personally found it more interesting to play then wdw. For lower content wdw is better since often you'll deal so much damage you take aggro, and wdw can take a lot of hits even on full pve gear.
99/99/99/99/99/99 W/WD/S/D/R/M

Monday, February 6th 2017, 4:40am

obviously you should play wallet/warrior it's the best endgame combo
Tankyhealy P/K 98/98
Soppy W98/WD98/S98/D98/R98/M98
vids and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFh1qLzUKyyZHadIxExA_kw
Borella should loot every boss

Monday, February 6th 2017, 5:36pm

would you explain that statement? wallet / warrior?

Auros

Professional

Mood: Mellow

Monday, February 6th 2017, 9:51pm

Either Wd/W or W/Wd you will be statting a lot of Str/Patt which is one of the more expensive stats.
Govinda P/W/K/M 100x4 :pump:
Wl/R/M/Ch 100x4 :borg:
Wd/W/S 100/100/69 oh gawd, not again :pinch: ... and numerous others Semi-retired :pillepalle:
W/M 100/100 Glass cannon

Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 2:18am

so what class combo is endgame capable/invited (but not as a buffer) but the least expensive to play/build?

Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 2:31am

Healers. If you're looking for a DPS then probably Rogue just cause they have more stat choices.
Borella - 100 W/M/K/P/S
VVV
If you play P/K in instances you're garbage

Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 2:35am

that depends on what you mean by endgame.

endgame is like Madros troll nest and Vale of rites, that only a few guilds can do on us servers?

or do you mean mid/late game like the most of the community can do like Grotto of horror, POM, hall of earth and Crypt of eternity?
Krayden
Co-leader of Serenity
Server Mithras
Krayden - K/W/S
Godussop - S/Wd/R/M
Zathal- D/W/S/Wd

I do a lot of my forum stuff from my phone, so forgive any typos please :3

Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 3:45am

I have run 2 different characters thru level 98 but have not done instances, that is what I am looking to do next, obviously I would need to the easier endgame ones 1st to get use to team work and get gear & stat runes then move up as I get better.

so I have a knight / priest at level 72 now, would this be okay for endgame as a healer?

Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 10:04am

k/p can be an okay healer. I don't think you'll find it fun, but is effective due to the ability to boost party member's damage (something highly desired in instances).

You have mentioned various classes before in other threads. I suggest you stop asking if the new toons you made are viable, and actually focus only on one (many responses have been made indication which you should focus on).

If you wish to get into instances the fastest, for the cheapest gold investment, buff classes, tanks, or healers re the way to go. And they aren't just zero damage classes. Mage/warlocks, well geared, can do 30-100m damage (bosses have ~400m hp) I have been told. 30m damage while increasing the damage output of all other players by roughly 50%. Not only do you get invites to raids, not only are you a much valued class to the raid, but you also deal damage worth noticing.

Healer equipment requirements are significantly lower than that of dps. Most players are still using lvl 80-85 equipment on healers. Learning to play them (learning to use healing addons like grid clique it) takes some practice though.

Tanks don't "need" amazing gear, but having it cetainly makes things easier. Plus you get a lot of responsability, and it takes a whiel to adjust to tanking if you've never done it before.

If you want an invite to a raid as an actual dps, hoping to contribute your fair share.....you probably won't make it any time soon. There are enough players active right now to fill all the damage slots. When forming raids, the roles we look for are never damage dealers. You have to compete with players who have the siege war title for Ironblood Will (+20% dmg for 15seconds), players with more tp than you, players with better gear than you, players with far more experience than you....You won't get an invite until you're at least as good as the other players in the pool, and that will take a really, really long time on new characters.

Or you could just roll a wl/m, with a warrior or rogue 3rd class, and run instances within a week or two, with the goal being to transition from support class to dps.
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvw3IXqDgHoaK0lHJnyqBJQ vids of stuff

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BlankMinded" (Feb 7th 2017, 10:09am)

Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 12:50pm

Basically what Rovie said. It would take months to years to actually become viable as a dps class, but endgame raids are in constant need of M/Wl and Wl/M buff classes. They are almost always dragged along as alts because nobody mains them.
Borella - 100 W/M/K/P/S
VVV
If you play P/K in instances you're garbage

FarmerTom

Professional

Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 1:57pm

hey i still to this day dont have ibw, but people still drag me on runs :p
so there is hope for yall!!! lolol
Misguidedknight 72S/72K/70R Retired
Cerburus 100Wd/100S/100W/100R/100D/70M
Misguided 100CH/100R/100M/68WL/88P/52W
Sober 100K/60P/60W <-best toon name for anyone that knows me :)

Once proud co-leader of Exiled Demon Horde.
Been on multiple servors
Started playing around lvl 55 Cap...

Easycompany

Auros

Professional

Mood: Mellow

Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 4:18pm

Damn M/Wl's; every time I turn around I am stepping on one.
Govinda P/W/K/M 100x4 :pump:
Wl/R/M/Ch 100x4 :borg:
Wd/W/S 100/100/69 oh gawd, not again :pinch: ... and numerous others Semi-retired :pillepalle:
W/M 100/100 Glass cannon

mohammed1234

WarriorKing

Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 5:02pm

Wrd/s is also good for morale boost and crystal pet

Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 7:10pm

wd/s is less important if it is ungeared, since vale of rites has multple long fights, where wd/s morale boost isn't as helpful as an actual dps or some superior support class.

Howver, a wd/s with gear, who can deal some damage or offtank boss 1, would be very helpful.

IBW isn't a requirement for dps, I myself don't have it on the character I currently play. I just mention it as one of the many factors that will distance an experienced dps frmo a new player. You don't need to get it to get invites, but that just means you need to make up for it in some other way.

And just to clarify, its not about becoming "capable" enough to dps the instances. Its about being equal to or better than all the current damage dealers getting invited, or making your own group. If we have 15 damage dealers capable of running the instance, all of whom are superior to you, than despite being "good enough" you won't get an invite b/c groups have better options. Not trying to put you down here, just saying that gear by itself doesn't get you invited, and that it will take some time before you get recognized as someone worth inviting.
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvw3IXqDgHoaK0lHJnyqBJQ vids of stuff