You are not logged in.

Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 11:13pm

for new players starting game

what class combos are being asked to run instances? (put playable class 1st)

tank - knight / warrior
healer - priest / knight or druid / ?
dps - r / m
w / m
k / m
w / wd
buffers - wl / m

are these right? are there any more?

I have 7 combos and only one has been told it can run endgame
I would like to have been told this along time ago to avoid such waste of time & cost.

Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 11:39pm

From personal experience.

Main Class: Useful Secondaries
Knight: Warrior, Priest
Druid: Warden, Warrior
Rogue: Mage
Warrior: Warden, Scout, Mage
Warden: Warrior, Scout
Mage: Warlock, Warrior
Warlock: Mage
Scout: Warden, Rogue

Might not have everything but I'm sure it has the majority of the good combos. Anything else that's escaping my mind probably only works in a very specific type of raid or is useless af. Either way, this list is a good place to start.
Magío • Mithras

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 12:33am

so you are saying that all of these combos would be invited to endgame?
what would a knight priest be called on to do? certainly not a tank, healer or dps.
you did not even list a priest/? for healer.

I think this list needs to be trimmed down further.

come on guys, help us out.

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 12:38am

Because Priests are not viable endgame healers. Knight/Priest is only viable as a buffer. It can be viable as a tank but K/W is preferable. If you want the most viable class in the game, it's Warrior/Warden or Rogue/Mage.
Borella - 100 W/M/S/R/P/K
VVV
If you play P/K in instances you're garbage

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 3:03am

m/wl -- mostly used as support but will always get invited over any other class if adequately geared. Commonly brought as an alt to short fights.
m/w -- burst class, not used in vale of rites.

wl/m -- used as a support, will always get invited if adequately geared. Commonly brough as an alt toon to short fights.

k/p --can tank, battle ressurect (helpful in complicated boss fights in vale of rites), provides damage buff. Can heal also, but cannot solo heal raids. Commonly brought as an ungeraed alt character to short fights.
k/w -- most prefered tank but less effective longer fights (aka vale of rites). Always used during short fights.

c/p -- can tank while providing buffs to dps and some interrupts (helpful for some stuff in vale of rites). Always brought to short fights.
c/m -- can tank and provide some buffs, damage reduction and interrupts (only useful in vale, erebos uses c/m tanks). Has the highest burst when played as a dps class but it is VERY unreliable.
c/r -- dps / tank . Highest trash mob damage output in vale (if anyone cares about that). decent sustained damage.

wd/s -- dps/buff character. can offtank vale bosses. High priority for invites. Sometimes brought as an alt to short fights.
wd/w --dps/tank. can main tank with plate gear, or dps in str/pa chain. can offtank in chain gear (used in vale first boss).

w/wd --prefered over wd/w in vale due to higher sustained damage
w/s --- not used in vale but has high burst damage (potentially highest in game by a large margin).
w/m -- good in vale, not good in plces with short fights

r/m -- high burst and sustain.

s/wd -- increases damage taken, high burst.
s/r -- defense reduction and debuff to increase physical damage taken. Has high burst.

druid/warrior -- can solo heal raids, provides physical damage and attaack buff. The most preferred healer in game.
druid/warden -- can solo heal raids. provides magical damage buff. The second most preferred healer in game.

Priests are viable healers, and shouldn't be turned away. However, they cannot (or its super amazingly difficult) solo heal vale of rites.
p/s -- provides magical attack buff, with 70 elite, has many aoe healing spells (party only tho, not entire raid)
p/r -- provides magical attack buff

p/k is not that good for pve content.

These are the most common class combinations for raids, and why they are picked. Any class not mentioned is less effective than something listed above -- either the buff is weaker, or its less dps, or its a tank/healer that offers no "additional" bonuses to the raid.
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvw3IXqDgHoaK0lHJnyqBJQ vids of stuff

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "BlankMinded" (May 21st 2017, 7:03pm)

mohammed1234

WarriorKing

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 6:00am

XD you keep asking the same questions make wl/m cheapest if your broke if you got money to spend than make those other dps classes they posted

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 6:55am

tbh as f2p i would assume s/wd is the easiest dps to budget build, you can stat 3/3 using only shell stats, the tp requirement to play the class is relatively low and having ud weapon is not that big of a deal since you don't loose dura from autoshotting. the class requires good timing of snipe + cc on ad or it looses a lot of it's efficiency though.
Tankyhealy P/K 98/98
Soppy W98/WD98/S98/D98/R98/M98
vids and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFh1qLzUKyyZHadIxExA_kw
Borella should loot every boss

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 8:58pm

c/r cheapest dps class to make, by a large margin. Farm one str/pa or dex/pa shell stat, sell it, buy 3 stam/str stats.
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 9:52pm

c/r cheapest dps class to make, by a large margin. Farm one str/pa or dex/pa shell stat, sell it, buy 3 stam/str stats.
The problem is that c/r is not viable in burn instances and gets outclassed in sustain by many classes.

ps: isn't 6 str/pa still optimal for ch/r since you need to be in shield form to use skills like rune pulse meaning you can't use disassembly mode and get pa from stam?
Tankyhealy P/K 98/98
Soppy W98/WD98/S98/D98/R98/M98
vids and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFh1qLzUKyyZHadIxExA_kw
Borella should loot every boss

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 10:30pm

I'm not in optimal gear, don't have IBW, and I am still learning/improving upon my gameplay of c/r. Despite this, I still did okay in MTN last night compared to a s/r with superior equipment and IBW (to my surprise). So its definitely viable. It certainly isn't the best in burn instances, and is outclassed as you say, but I'm sure one c/r won't be the only factor causing a burn to fail.

-- it was a 3x s/r group so their damage was abnormally high due to dpb hits (think multiple slash Tactical attacks). On one boss, I did 78m damage @ 9.3m dps. With IBW, i'd be around 93.6. In contrast, the top damage dealer, who outgears me, was 120m. If we factor in inflation from having 2 additional vamp arrow bleeds, he'd be closer to 100m, maybe 110. My 93.6 with IBW is certainly a reasonable, competetive amount of damage.

Secondly, stam/str is as good, if not better on c/r, and is significantly cheaper than other stats (much more common as well). This makes c/rthe easiest "viable" dps class to gear by far.
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "BlankMinded" (Feb 8th 2017, 11:43pm)

mohammed1234

WarriorKing

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 12:51am

C/r is op I always thought str/pa was better lose to much p attack with all str/stam

Rougetopriest

Professional

Mood: Squint

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 1:12am

If dpsing in Str mode, str/stam is higher overall patk. if DPSing in shield form then ofc you would want all str/pa. However then run into the issue of pulling aggro.

I'm brand new to ch/r still, and in the same case as rovie, learning the class still (mostly from him lol) and missing common buffs to most dps now a days, such as house maids, correct elemental pet, and IBW. However was quite impressed with the dmg it was able to do even on a faster boss fight such as 5th boss VoR on my first first run as DPS on it. And the sustain is quite good obviously as the class itself doesnt do all that much more dmg inside of burn vs outside of burn. W/M would certainly out class its sustain, but w/m out classes everything in sustain :p
Siege War Videos :)

Semi-Retired

~Zen

mohammed1234

WarriorKing

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 1:49am

So what form is better ?

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 2:21am

Iss mode with stam/str is "better" but its like.....10% better at most when factoring in everything. Maybe less. However, it is far less aggro, and allows you to dps while having +50 shield mode (allowing you to instantly become a tank should the need arise). The disadvanage is that you can't dps as a non-c/r (rampage as c/m for example) b/c your attack power will be too low.

Once again, relevant to the OP and forum topic, c/r is a viable dps, and is the cheapest to build. It isn't "the best", but it isn't so bad you get ignored.
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis