You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Grumpdaddy

Intermediate

• "Grumpdaddy" started this thread

Thursday, May 25th 2017, 10:41pm

S/W statting

I am not seeing s/w listed as being particularly high damage. Maybe we are statting them wrong? Of course Dex stats make sense with s/r and r/s, but none of the scout primary or general skills calculate damage relevant to dex like rogue skills do. It does improve accuracy, but I am not sure this is more effective than patk achieved with strength. Also, will the extra XP from strength offset lost durability when you replace it for dodge? The scout level set buffs include accuracy, and that might be enough by itself. Can anyone who understands all these factors give an opinion? :?:
Grumpdaddy-100/100/75 r/w/s Erebos
Grumpmama 100/100 m/r
Littlegrump 100/100/50 k/p/m
Grumptwo 100/100 r/k
Sneezzy 100/100 m/wl

Thursday, May 25th 2017, 11:28pm

Also, will the extra XP from strength offset lost durability when you replace it for dodge? The scout level set buffs include accuracy, and that might be enough by itself. Can anyone who understands all these factors give an opinion?
Can you elaborate on that part a bit more? I honestly do not know what you are trying to say here.
Maimed - S/WD(R)(W)(M)(D) Wallet/Warrior

Auros

Professional

Mood: Mellow

Friday, May 26th 2017, 12:26am

He might have meant HP instead of XP and slipped up because he was still thinking about the exp event. Str gives a sight amount of extra HP, but it is really hard to beat dodge. That being said, wouldn't a S/W get more Patt from Str versus Dex due to the warrior passive general.
Govinda P/W/K/M 100x4 :pump:
Wl/R/M/Ch 100x4 :borg:
Wd/W/S 100/100/100
W/M 100/100 Glass Cannon: oh gawd, not again :pinch: ... and numerous others Semi-retired :pillepalle:

Friday, May 26th 2017, 12:45am

He might have meant HP instead of XP and slipped up because he was still thinking about the exp event. Str gives a sight amount of extra HP, but it is really hard to beat dodge. That being said, wouldn't a S/W get more Patt from Str versus Dex due to the warrior passive general.

Oh ok I see now. If you ask me dodge is not needed for PVE content. At the end of the day dodge still gonna require luck and shouldn't be relied upon for a non-rogue. Higher HP is probably more practical since some aoe dmg is based off your physical defense. Also S/W has an elite skill called "Battle Instinct" which is basically another "Swiftness". S/W can buff the highest amount of dex in game and would benefit more from dex than strength IMO. The only problem with S/W dps is that it does not gain any strong elite skills to actually deal damage with like S/WD with "Charged Chop" and S/R with "Deadly Poison Bite". They have the physical attack, debuff, self-buffs, but are just lacking the dps skills to pull off the high burst damage that a S/WD and S/R can do.
Maimed - S/WD(R)(W)(M)(D) Wallet/Warrior

Friday, May 26th 2017, 12:46am

Dodging 500k hit from a HM Mob/Boss > .1 HP per STR lol

Also what I was gonna say. No CC or DPB...
Magío • Mithras

Friday, May 26th 2017, 1:39am

I hit almost 90k dex on s/w and don't even dodge a thing man.. lol but anyways, I'm a crappy human so when the instance requires a lot of sustain (like VoR) I prefer s/w over s/r. Depending on who gets the double, and on what skill, s/w can do some good damage. But like they said having DPB or CC you just consistently do more on s/r and s/wd
Callmepapabear - Erebos (Formerly Osha)
Storyteller and Cenedrils - 190,219 PA R/M - 196,201 PA S/R
I upload vids now and then
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaaIokqEpV_7X7NTi_bADlg

FarmerTom

Professional

Friday, May 26th 2017, 12:02pm

Even s/m is very viable, Meyou plays it all the time, absolutely melts mobs with ignite, etc, and still can do over 100 mil on bosses easily ofc, if he gets the double etc etc.

I still to this day say stat all str, with leather gear, you aren't confined to certain class combos, you can play w/e u want. r,s,w,wd, w/e.
Misguidedknight 72S/72K/70R Retired
Cerburus 100Wd/100S/100W/100R/100D/70M
Misguided 100CH/100R/100M/68WL/88P/52W
Sober 100K/60P/60W <-best toon name for anyone that knows me :)

Once proud co-leader of Exiled Demon Horde.
Been on multiple servors
Started playing around lvl 55 Cap...

Easycompany

Grumpdaddy

Intermediate

• "Grumpdaddy" started this thread

Friday, May 26th 2017, 10:15pm

Thanks Auros for the edit. ya I slipped that up. Sounds like my reasoning is fairly sound then. Thanks for the feedback.
Grumpdaddy-100/100/75 r/w/s Erebos
Grumpmama 100/100 m/r
Littlegrump 100/100/50 k/p/m
Grumptwo 100/100 r/k
Sneezzy 100/100 m/wl