You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, August 8th 2017, 7:20pm

Returning Player looking for class advice

I played RoM for several years awhile back. Quit due to endgame issues and life. Thinking about coming back and was wondering about my old classes if they are still viable. I played W/Wd (wrote the guide on it in fact if that's still here), Wl/R (remember when warlock first came out me and ebilone on artemis had a massive thread accounting our adventures with it) C/R and S/Wd. Are these classes still viable? Not really too concerned with endgame content mainly coming back for nostalgia.

Thanks in advance for any help
Darkpro Palenque (RETIRED)
Shortstackk C/R/Wl Artemis
Honor the dead, Fight like hell for the Living.

Tuesday, August 8th 2017, 8:23pm

yes those classes are all still viable. scout/warden may be even more powerfully than you remember as scouts got a pretty good buff recently.

not mich is known yet about wl/r or it's statting pattern. but whatever the case it isn't a contender for top 5 dps. but as you said you aren't too worried about endgame atm, so if you found the class fun to play, go for it :)
Krayden
Co-leader of Serenity
Server Mithras
Krayden - K/W/S
Godussop - S/Wd/R/M
Zathal- D/W/S/Wd

I do a lot of my forum stuff from my phone, so forgive any typos please :3

aardvark3

Professional

Tuesday, August 8th 2017, 9:14pm

Do not worry almost all classes are playable. Just join a guild and have them help you stat a set of wings it should hold you and keep you over powered until at least level 60. Rom has the very bad habit of nerfing and boosting classes so any class you pick today may be unplayable tomorrow.
Decide what style of play you enjoy the most. Melee, ranged and magic damage dealing classes or support classes with buffs or heals. After you decide how you want to play going head to head in a face to face battle or sitting at range and dealing damage. Maybe sitting well behind your teammates and buffing and healing them. Then you can pick a class. So pick your style of play first then pick a class that suits that style of play.

Auros

Professional

Mood: Mellow

Tuesday, August 8th 2017, 10:16pm

I vaguely remember you....

In any case, W/Wd is still up near the top DPS. Ch/R has fallen a bit. Nobody but me plays Wl/R anymore especially since people discovered Wl/Ch..but Wl/R remains a lot of fun. And, as Krayden mentioned, S/Wd has crept up in popularity since Scouts got buffed.

If your toons still exist, you should have no trouble getting back into the game.
Govinda P/W/K/M 100x4 :pump:
Wl/R/M/Ch 100x4 :borg:
Wd/W/S 100/100/69 oh gawd, not again :pinch: ... and numerous others Semi-retired :pillepalle:
W/M 100/100 Glass cannon

Rougetopriest

Professional

Mood: Squint

Wednesday, August 9th 2017, 12:22am

w/wd, s/wd, ch/r are all still used in endgame and siege war commonly on the Erebos and Mithras servers. (S/R is a little more common than s/wd but its a preference thing, and race thing ofc mostly)

wl/r still fun to play in siege, however wl/ch has made a large rise since about 10 months ago now, spiking even more recently with the new item set skills.

other common endgame dps currently would include: S/r, Ch/m, Wd/w, R/m, W/m, W/s.
Siege War Videos :)

~Clancy~

CH/R unbuffed- (w title)
69.6k pdmg, 212.4k patk, 9.7k crit

M/WL unbuffed- (w title)
28.2k mdmg, 238.7k matk, 13.5k crit

Thursday, August 10th 2017, 12:53am

Awesome to hear thanks guys!
Darkpro Palenque (RETIRED)
Shortstackk C/R/Wl Artemis
Honor the dead, Fight like hell for the Living.

mohammed1234

WarriorKing

Thursday, August 10th 2017, 7:28am

Wl/chp ftw op if you know how to play it