You are not logged in.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 2:12am

Dual wielding swords as rogue?

Does dual wielding swords as rogue have a good build?

I was thinking of making a Rogue/Warrior for dual swords and high dps but should I make warrior/rogue if I'm wielding swords? and would wielding leather armor be good for a warrior/rogue? or does leather armor have no advantage over heavy armors?

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 8:14am

Rogues get damage increase skill from using dagger, but not swords. It is a quite significant boost at 70%. Using swords would mean you are doing less damage than a comparable level dagger. However, there is an elite skill for R/W that allows you to have the same damage boost from 1H axe. No idea how an axe compares to a dagger in actual fighting, though.

As for the second part of the question, I can't think of a reason why leather would be preferred over chain for a warrior/rogue (that's not to say there isn't one, I'm just not aware of it). However, I can provide a reason to prefer chain over leather for a warrior/rogue. You should be using strength primary as a warrior/rogue. Chain gear, for the most part, naturally gives strength as its stat when plussed. Leather would give dexterity, which is more beneficial to rogue and scout primary classes.

For example;
For every 1 strength, a warrior gains 2 physical attack. For every 1 strength, a rogue gets 1.2 physical attack.
For every 1 dexterity, a warrior gains 0 physical attack. For every 1 dexterity, a rogue gets 1.3 physical attack.
Playing again in 2018
Mattyb
Mage/Knight
Artemis server
Former The Black Tower Leader and Tarrasque Rank
Serenity Guild Member
<3

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 8:25am

I would say the advantage of using leather armor instead of chain on Warrior rogue is that you can use the same set of gear for Rogue Warrior. If you went with chain wouldn't be the case.

Also most leather pieces Plus for strength and stamina. And most chain pieces Plus for dexterity actually.
Krayden
Co-leader of Serenity
Server Mithras
Krayden - K/W/S
Godussop - S/Wd/R/M
Zathal- D/W/S/Wd

I do a lot of my forum stuff from my phone, so forgive any typos please :3

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 9:32am

I would say the advantage of using leather armor instead of chain on Warrior rogue is that you can use the same set of gear for Rogue Warrior. If you went with chain wouldn't be the case.

Also most leather pieces Plus for strength and stamina. And most chain pieces Plus for dexterity actually.

The first part is a good idea. Never considered that.

The second part I would say its more inline to what I said.
Out of the 7 pieces of equipment, for leather, 3 give dex, 2 give stam, and 2 give str.
For chain, 3 give strength, 2 give stam, and 2 give dex.
Plus you have to consider the pre-existing ghost stats and possible set bonuses.
Playing again in 2018
Mattyb
Mage/Knight
Artemis server
Former The Black Tower Leader and Tarrasque Rank
Serenity Guild Member
<3

Auros

Professional

Mood: Mellow

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 4:46pm

You are going to want to use daggers on the rogue and axes on the warrior. One fast statted dagger in your off hand used on both while swapping between a tiered dagger and a tiered axe depending on your main class you are playing at the time.

As for armor, wear the leather as statting one set of armor is far easier than statting two. The armor bonus whether chain or leather is kinda moot as it gets overshadowed by the stats you put on it. The one important thing not talked about above is that Leather gives you more crit whilst Chain gives more physical attack and it is far easier to add physical attack stats than to add crit.

But, if you are richie rich, then what the hey, make two sets of armor and stat Str/patt on the chain and Dex/Patt on the leather.

I will say, having played this class, that imho W/R is a much more fun class combo to play than R/W
Govinda P/W/K/M 100x4 :pump:
Wl/R/M/Ch 100x4 :borg:
Wd/W/S 100/100/100
W/M 100/100 Glass Cannon: oh gawd, not again :pinch: ... and numerous others Semi-retired :pillepalle:

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 5:08pm

As for armor, wear the leather as statting one set of armor is far easier than statting two. The armor bonus whether chain or leather is kinda moot as it gets overshadowed by the stats you put on it. The one important thing not talked about above is that Leather gives you more crit whilst Chain gives more physical attack and it is far easier to add physical attack stats than to add crit.

This is not at all true. Chain gear has the same amount of crit as leather gear while having FAR FAR MORE physical attack. If you're only interested in playing a chain class, chain gear is far superior to leather.

It is absolutely not a moot point. You gain thousands more physical attack by using chain versus using leather, not to mention far more HP and defense, while not losing ANYTHING except the ability to use the gear on something that can't wear chain.

Either way, neither W/R or R/W are viable endgame classes so do whatever you feel like doing.
Borella - 100 W/M/S/R/P/K
VVV
If you play P/K in instances you're garbage

Auros

Professional

Mood: Mellow

Friday, March 9th 2018, 3:09am

Yes, yes, yes...see Mr. Borella when you get near end game. Though you may want to pick up something like Mage for your third class. But, until then, I would stick to Leather and throw a couple bag stats on the pieces to make your questing much easier. Hopefully, by the time it matters you will have figured all this stuff out.
Govinda P/W/K/M 100x4 :pump:
Wl/R/M/Ch 100x4 :borg:
Wd/W/S 100/100/100
W/M 100/100 Glass Cannon: oh gawd, not again :pinch: ... and numerous others Semi-retired :pillepalle:

Grumpdaddy

Intermediate

Friday, March 9th 2018, 9:56pm

You are going to want to use daggers on the rogue and axes on the warrior. One fast statted dagger in your off hand used on both while swapping between a tiered dagger and a tiered axe depending on your main class you are playing at the time
There is actually a rogue/warrior elite skill that gives the 70% buff for axes on the rogue. I use axes on both classes. You lose a little speed, but the dps is still better.
Grumpdaddy-100/100/75 r/w/s Erebos
Grumpmama 100/100 m/r
Littlegrump 100/100/50 k/p/m
Grumptwo 100/100 r/k
Sneezzy 100/100 m/wl