You are not logged in.

Warrior/Knight Can They Tank

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, May 7th 2018, 11:51am

Can They Tank

Just curious, looks like fun but i dont see any running around :x

Tuesday, May 8th 2018, 3:12am

I play k/w and w/k as one of my mains. W/k cannot tank. Not very well at all. They don't have any skills to boost aggro like other tanking classes get. W/k can be an absolute monster in PvP though. If done roght the stun lock and crowd control skills are deadly to most players. Especially if you have a healer on you >:)

Tldr; no w/k don't tank well.
Krayden
Co-leader of Serenity
Server Mithras
Krayden - K/W/S
Godussop - S/Wd/R/M
Zathal- D/W/S/Wd

I do a lot of my forum stuff from my phone, so forgive any typos please :3

Auros

Professional

Mood: Mellow

Tuesday, May 8th 2018, 4:19pm

An off tank at best. can soak up the damage like a tank, but as Krayden says above no real aggro skills.
Govinda P/W/K/M 100x4 :pump:
Wl/R/M/Ch 100x4 :borg:
Wd/W/S 100/100/100
W/M 100/100 Glass Cannon: oh gawd, not again :pinch: ... and numerous others Semi-retired :pillepalle:

Grumpdaddy

Intermediate

Friday, May 11th 2018, 10:25pm

Most class combos have one side that works better as primary. K/w and WD/W for tanking. You will see a lot of R/M, very few m/r except when leveling secondary. R/M does significantly more damage. P/W is an interesting and fun questing class, not so much w/p. I am told that S/R is better than R/S, haven't played it. M/WL has cool boss debuffs that make it handy for instance running, whereas some groups will also include a WL/M for the group buffs. It goes on and on.
Grumpdaddy-100/100/75 r/w/s Erebos
Grumpmama 100/100 m/r
Littlegrump 100/100/50 k/p/m
Grumptwo 100/100 r/k
Sneezzy 100/100 m/wl