You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

twintyphoon

Beginner

• "twintyphoon" started this thread

Mood: Unsure

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 10:28am

R/CH - Viable End-Game DPS Or Even Debuffer?

Hey my Runes of Magic class junkies,

I've been pondering the thought of Rogue/Champion being decent for DPS, as well as helping the end game parties in burst damage.

I've been thinking of this to be extremely helpful in ST Hard Mode, especially on the first boss. If and ONLY IF the 70/70 elite actually works.

70 elite as shown:

"Creates a mechanism at the caster's location that continuously releases electrical shocks to enemies within a range of 60 at a maximum of three targets per second. The electrical shocks inflict 500% main hand weapon DPS for 20 seconds.

(This skill stat will increase and decrease based on equipment and target strength)

(Affected targets will be in a state of Electrocution)"

Now, I'm not sure on the exact DPS percentage per second. However, it is NOT 500%. It seems to be 500% over the course of 20 seconds. Thus being 25% MWH DPS?? At this time, these calculations are the least of our problems...

However, what has intrigued me on this skill is the last little bit of info the skill gives. All targets that get hit by this small area of effect will suffer the effects of the spell (Champion general tab) "Electrocution."

If this is correct and is indeed NOT broken, wouldn't that mean the boss, target, or whomever this area of effect is hitting being constantly interrupted every GCD to 1 second? I have NOT had time to test this yet, so I'm hoping some of you have. In theory, couldn't this interrupt the first boss in ST's "Idolquake?" I hope so.

This is the part that I'm getting a bit excited about testing: The debuffing. There are 2 (TWO) skills that can, in theory, make Rogue/Champion one of the best debuffs this game has to offer.

Buff #1: Confusion Mechanism - MAX's at level 50, reduces the boss' PDef AND MDef by 18.5% for 3 seconds. (YES THIS STACKS WITH DRUID SEEDS (YES I HAVE TESTED THAT, TOO!)) But wait there is more. It summons a substitute type box-thingy that the boss or non-player enemy tanks for 3 solid seconds. With not losing aggro or HP. This little box is immune for 3 seconds while reducing the boss' defenses by close to 1/5.

Buff #2: Burying Mechanism - REQUIRING 0 TP and lasts for 6 seconds. Increasing overall received damage on the target by 10% (Physical and Magical) while also reducing the target's crit resistance by 100 points each.

Oh, one more thing, every time an elite skill is used on Rogue/Champion, all other elite skills get 5 seconds cut off from their CD's, as well as increasing the R/CH's Patk Speed and Dodge Rate by 5% and 2% (stacking up to 5). If you were to DIYCE it, or use an elite skill every 4-4.5 seconds, there are enough elite skills to keep this buff @ 5 stacks during the burn and then some. That's some insane attack speed, especially since you can Strong Stim, Raid X, Lute, and everything else.

So, now that all the technical things have been said, let us get to the game chemistry ;). With the timing right, if you have the mini tank box tanking the target on AD/SS and Burying Mechanism, could the damage see a decent enough increase to be considered? Let's just say, in ST hard, I was with some R/M's. We tried without my buffs, (but everything else), the best R/M hit an approximate 81m Wound Attack. Then next run WITH my debuffs, that 81m Wound Attack transformed into a 102m Wound Attack. (Keep in mind that the 81 and 102 hits are divided by 3. (Since Wound Attack will hit 3x on AD/SS on a R/M that actually knows what he/she is doing.))

NOTE: This increase in damage was just from my two buffs added ALONE (Everything else was just as the end gamers do it regularly). That's 21% more dmg for everyone hitting on the boss @ that time. And yes, it was 100% manual. No DIYCE in sight for those runs on R/CH.

I'd love to have all you guys' input for this. As I'd also like to see some more R/CH in not just PvP, but PvE as well.

Cheers,

Keen :P

Waiting for that mixtape to drop like...

Keentech-- 98C/98P/60W/50M
Earthblitz-- 98D/60W/60R

The old Reni--Mithras

Rougetopriest

Professional

Mood: Squint

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 8:29pm

State of electrocution is different from the electrocution skill itself which is the part that does the silencing. So I would think it would not do a continuous interruption for 20 seconds, however that'd be easy enough to test in a duel vs a friend.

As for the debuffs it brings to the table, its very similar to others in the amount of dmg increase it provides. So it could replace other commonly used buffers for fun, but it would still lack in dps by at least 1/2 that of a standard dps in a group. I've always been a fan of having real geared buffers that can play further supportive or damage roles past using their buff/debuffs however, so seems very interesting.

However keep in mind that your displayed 21% dmg increase was for a rogue whom traditionally get the lowest amount of patk amoung pdmg classes. So while you may boost a rogues dmg by 20-21% with those 2 debuffs, a warrior or champs dmg would be increased closer to 12-15% because their patk already well exceeds the bosses pdef. Meaning a single buff from a wd/s ch/p or s/r would give them a higher boost in dmg still.

Just food for thought, love that you are constantly trying new classes though Keen, i miss doing that as well! ^.^
Siege War Videos :)

Semi-Retired

~Zen

twintyphoon

Beginner

• "twintyphoon" started this thread

Mood: Unsure

Friday, June 1st 2018, 12:10am

@Zen, Thank you for a speedy reply. I was wondering if I was going to get any, haha.

I agree with you on pretty much most of your reply.

However, I believe that rouge champion with proper macro'ing and skill could do decent dps. The reason is the mad attack speed they get AFTER the cap has been sustained. From what I have seen and understood through my RoM career is that after you reach the attack speed cap where the speed at which you attack has been maxed, you keep getting DPS as some sort of curve. Close to an exponential figure, but not exactly.

As R/CH, I attacked...(while casting my elite skills in rotation) 11 basic attacks in 1 second. That's a ton. As well as when I was in this mad speed state, the attacks on a level 100 tank (K/W) were about 7.5k each. Keep in mind, the R/CH we are talking about was level 57 in DoD gear.

So... will it do the dmg of a R/M, I don't believe so. Not really at all, but can it be close (give or take 20-25m from the dmg on scrutinizer from a R/M.) then maybe.

But @zen, thank you for being willing to revisit the weird off dwarven classes. I intend to potentially prove everyone wrong with the "R/CH is just a debuffer" ideology.

Best,

~Keen.
Waiting for that mixtape to drop like...

Keentech-- 98C/98P/60W/50M
Earthblitz-- 98D/60W/60R

The old Reni--Mithras

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests