You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, October 23rd 2015, 8:42pm

Can you cast slash from 300 range? No. However, at 300 range, if all use conditions are true, the timer will start.

There's a disjoint between timers and successful skill ACTIVATIONS. A skill activating is not the same as the use conditions being true. For example, if you had 0 rage, but the use conditions you have for the skill slash were still true (user/coding error), diyce would try to use slash, and then start the slash bleed timer, even thought you didn't cast any skill. Mizetto's problem is that diyce is "trying to cast slash", which starts the timer, even if you're 300 range away and didn't actually use the skill b/c target is too far.

OK, i get it now. Well this seems easy to solve then. All you have to do is more clearly define when to use slash.

local slash = GetActionUsable(#) --slash button

then in skills:

{ name = "Slash", use = (slash) },

This will prevent it from moving forward to try to cast slash until it's in melee range and there is enough rage. So wouldn't this work to not start the timer since the use condition isn't true?

Friday, October 23rd 2015, 11:00pm

This doesn't fix the inherent problem with the timers, but it does work. The changes I did months ago tied it into combat log, but getactionusable seems to be an easier work around for most.
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvw3IXqDgHoaK0lHJnyqBJQ vids of stuff

Saturday, October 24th 2015, 11:02am

i use RegisterEvent("COMBATMETER_DAMAGE") trick to see if slash doesn't miss/dodge/etc so it actualy hits.
Then i set in a variable when i can slash again (which i reset when i swap targets)

Works like a charm :thumbup:

Saturday, October 24th 2015, 8:46pm

Yeah I did something similar to tie timers into the combat meter event. Basically if you don't get a miss/dodge, then start timer. Fixes issue with timers that aren't specific to slash.
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis

Wednesday, October 28th 2015, 1:07am

Heres what I've been trying to get to work, it doesn't seem to be able to start the bleed timer off g_lastaction this way though

elseif mainClass == "WARRIOR" and subClass == "RANGER" then
--Combat
--Timers for this class
CreateDIYCETimer("Slash", 7)

if (g_lastaction == "Slash") then
StartDIYCETimer("Slash")
end
if enemy then
Skill2 = {
{ name = "Action: 10", use = boss and (EnergyBar1 <= 25) },
{ name = "Slash", use = (EnergyBar1 >= 25) and (GetDIYCETimerValue("Slash") == 0) },
{ name = "The Final Battle", use = (EnergyBar1 >= 25) and (thealth <= .30) },
{ name = "Probing Attack", use = (EnergyBar1 >= 20) and (not tbuffs[501502]) },
{ name = "Open Flank", use = (EnergyBar1 >= 10) and (tbuffs[501502]) },
{ name = "Slash", use = (EnergyBar1 >= 55) },
{ name = "Attack", use = (thealth == 1) },
}
end
Chapter 2 Elfuerte M/R reroll s/r chapter 3
Chapter 4 Eldebil S/WD/R
Chapter 5 Mizettto C/R/M/W/WL/P ( Now Wl/m buff alt)
Currently Eldebil WD/W tank/dps or S/WD dps

Wednesday, October 28th 2015, 2:33am

iirc, default diyce only uses g_lastaction variable when you use

{ name = "Custom: Holy Light Domain", use = (not g_lastaction = "Holy Light Domain" ) and (blah) }

If the skill is off cooldown, it will record the custom skill you attempt to cast (as per the CustomAction function in customfunctions.lua). The use portion involving lastaction just checks if it was, in fact, the last skill you tried to use, in order to avoid consecutive uses.

You'd need soemthing like...

Source code

if g_lastaction == "Slash" then StartDIYCETimer("Slash") end
if GetDIYCETimerValue("Slash") <= 0.2 then g_lastaction = "" end

Skill2 = {...
{ name = "Custom: Slash", use = (not g_lastaction == "Slash") and blah },
}

IDK how reliablly "custom: " skills works (see the underlined word above). Try it I guess, see if it does what you want.
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis

Wednesday, October 28th 2015, 3:14am

Heres what I've been trying to get to work, it doesn't seem to be able to start the bleed timer off g_lastaction this way though

elseif mainClass == "WARRIOR" and subClass == "RANGER" then
--Combat
--Timers for this class
CreateDIYCETimer("Slash", 7)

StartDIYCETimer("Slash")
end
if enemy then
Skill2 = {
{ name = "Action: 10", use = boss and (EnergyBar1 <= 25) },
{ name = "Slash", use = (EnergyBar1 >= 25) and (GetDIYCETimerValue("Slash") == 0) },
{ name = "The Final Battle", use = (EnergyBar1 >= 25) and (thealth <= .30) },
{ name = "Probing Attack", use = (EnergyBar1 >= 20) and (not tbuffs[501502]) },
{ name = "Open Flank", use = (EnergyBar1 >= 10) and (tbuffs[501502]) },
{ name = "Attack", use = (thealth == 1) },
}
end

Can you remove the red line and see if slash only hitting once every 7 seconds?

Wednesday, October 28th 2015, 4:38am

Wild guess based on other scripts, maybe delete the g_lastaction part:

StartDIYCETimer("Slash")
end

and rewrite this part,

to
{ name = "Slash", use = (EnergyBar1 >= 55), timer = "Slash" },

Wednesday, October 28th 2015, 9:48am

Can you remove the red line and see if slash only hitting once every 7 seconds?

it is easy to tell from the debug mode in diyce /run killsequence('v1') it was never starting the timer on first slash cause all it does it slash when the other requirements are met.

Wild guess based on other scripts, maybe delete the g_lastaction part:

and rewrite this part,

to
{ name = "Slash", use = (EnergyBar1 >= 55), timer = "Slash" },

this does not solve issue of timers starting even if skill does no go off.

thanks for the suggestion rovie will try when servers come back online.
Chapter 2 Elfuerte M/R reroll s/r chapter 3
Chapter 4 Eldebil S/WD/R
Chapter 5 Mizettto C/R/M/W/WL/P ( Now Wl/m buff alt)
Currently Eldebil WD/W tank/dps or S/WD dps

Wednesday, November 4th 2015, 2:41pm

anyone have any new s/wd diyce's out there been tryin to mess with them but just started using diyce a cpl days ago and dont rly understand how it all works.

Monday, December 7th 2015, 6:29pm

Is there a way to put timer for "action:"?
I can set timer for skill, but I have problem to set timer for action.

Also, is there a way to put setskill name to the combo ?
Apparently my setskill don't want to work, if is set by name, not by "action:" slot.

Thursday, December 24th 2015, 12:28am

Help!!!

Good evening, dear friends. Now I will give a link to the video, which is a fragment of the siege Russian server Gebo, please tell me how to write such a focus of the raid, if there are people ready to help, I would like to discuss.

Thursday, March 24th 2016, 3:53am

Hello,

Ive recently come across an odd issue with Diyce. I use it on my s/r for burns. Ive noticed lately, depending on the makeup of the party, during burn, my diyce macro wont function. I'm guessing there is a buff/debuff of some sort that is shutting it down for me. Tonight I also tried it on s/wd with the same results.

Example - the other night i ran GOH with a pug with no issue. Worked every burn. Tonight im running HOE with k/p, ch/p, m/wl, wl/m, wd/s as buffer/debuffer. Wont work at all during any burn.

Im wondering if anyone else has run across this issue or if anyone have any ideas on where I may be having an issue.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Jacobmo 97Scout/97Warden/95Warrior/97Rogue/88D/85M
Allenmo 78S/77R/56P/1W/1K/1M - retired
Bteam all the way

Thursday, March 24th 2016, 2:41pm

I would suggest using process of elimination to figure out which buff is causing it. Get all your buffs, and try your macro on a yellow mob. If it doesn't fire off, remove one buff and try again. Keep going until it the macro works. Once you find the buff that caused it to not work, then try it with only that buff and no others. If it doesn't work there, it's definitely that buff. If it does, then it might be a weird combination of buffs causing the problem.
Big Badda Boom
Rogue/Mage 95/70

Oldiesbutgoodies

Thursday, March 24th 2016, 6:16pm

Try posting your s/r function, perhaps I can spot your issue.
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 2:32pm

Something ive been brewing for Wl/M works pretty good havent tested it on bosses yet

--Class Warlock/Mage
elseif mainClass == "HARPSYN" and subClass == "MAGE" then

--Potions and Buffs
Skill = {
{ name = "Sublimation Weave Curse", use = ((EnergyBar1 >= 50) and (not pbuffs["Sublimation Weave Curse"])) },
{ name = "Fire Ward", use = (not pbuffs["Blazing Barrier"]) },
}

--Combat
if enemy then
Skill2 = {
{ name = "Silence", use = boss and (tbuffs["Authoritative Deterrence"]) },
{ name = "Custom: Willpower Blade", use = (not pbuffs['Willpower Blade']) and (PsiPoints == 6) },
{ name = "Flaming Heart Strike", use = (PsiPoints >= 1) and (pbuffs['Willpower Blade']) },
{ name = "Custom: Soul Brand Sting", use = (pbuffs['Willpower Blade']) and (PsiPoints >= 2) },
{ name = "Heart Collection Strike", use = (EnergyBar1 <=50) },
{ name = "Weakening Weave Curse", use = (EnergyBar1 >=20) and (not tbuffs["Weakened"]) },
{ name = "Warp Charge", use = (EnergyBar1 >=30) and (not pbuffs["Warp Charge"]) },
{ name = "Puzzlement", use = (EnergyBar1 >=20) and (tbuffs["Weakened"]) },
{ name = "Flaming Heart Strike", use = (PsiPoints <= 3) and (not pbuffs['Willpower Blade']) },
{ name = "Psychic Arrows", use = (EnergyBar1 >=20) },
{ name = "Fireball", use = true },
}
end
-[EvilEmpires]-
Cocheech - RIP
Ricknight - R/M/S/Wd
Necrotix - WL/C/M
Yamanight D/W/Wd
Nightmareknight K/W/M/P

jamesduke42

Upset customer

• "jamesduke42" has been banned

Mood: Smile

Sunday, December 11th 2016, 6:34am

Is there a way to put ISS Animal Spirit Eclipse in so it will only go off every 25 seconds and not just when it is available.... it in in action bar slot 9. thank you
100 people spending $10 is more profit than 5 spending $100.

Sunday, December 11th 2016, 10:06am

Is there a way to put ISS Animal Spirit Eclipse in so it will only go off every 25 seconds and not just when it is available.... it in in action bar slot 9. thank you

This is precisely what the timer feature was implemented for. There are plenty of examples in the thread, and possibly also in the default DIYCE code, for reference on using them.
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests