You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Lifefire

Master Procrastinator

• "Lifefire" started this thread

Saturday, February 22nd 2014, 3:47pm

MouseTarget

or MT for short

Current Version
- v1.2 (fixed a couple tooltip errors)

About
Before installing MouseTarget please view the Setup instructions below or read the Setup.txt file included in the addon download.

MouseTarget is a "mouseover" targeting addon that uses specific hotkeys for targeting. To quickly target something, hold down the correct hotkey you chose and swipe your mouse over the available targets, release the hotkey when you have the target you want.

The only MouseTarget hotkey(s) that use the MouseTarget settings are "MT-Friends" and "MT-Enemies", the rest of the hotkeys ignore the MouseTarget settings and zones, they will just target " Friend or Enemy "(players/pets/npcs) based on the hotkey you assign and use. Targeting range is... as far as you can see!

Setup
First Installation

Source code

Inside the MouseTarget.rar file there will be 2 folders...
	- MouseTarget -- Place this into your Addons folder!

- Worldxml  -- Place this folder into your RoM/Interface folder next to your Addons folder
			(Do not place the "Worldxml" folder into your addons folder)

[Important!]		
If you already have a "Worldxml" folder from a different addon then open this new one,
then open the file "bindings.xml", "copy" the MouseTarget bingings at the top of the file 
and paste them into the "bindings.xml" file you already have. For quick access "paste" 
them right above the first binding but also under the first line that says <Bindings>

Updating the addon

Source code

Inside the MouseTarget.rar file there will be 2 folders...
	- MouseTarget -- Remove the old MouseTarget, then put the new version into your Addons folder!

- Worldxml  -- 	Discard this new folder, no further changes will be made to it at this time

Features
  • A very organized menu... Use /MT or /MouseTarget to open/close the MT menu.
  • Fully integrated into AddonManager and the AddonManager MiniBar.
  • A Minimap button for quick access to the MT menu.
    (MiniMap button can be turned on/off via the MT menu.
  • A reference list of your MouseTarget hotkeys, and a quick access button to open the game's HotKeys menu.
    (The reference list updates automatically when you update your hotkeys)
  • Up to 16 different hotkeys can be assigned to different targeting types.
  • The mini ? button in the MT menu contains an important reminder concerning the Shift key.

-------------------------------------------------------
Visit Lifefire's Collections to download it.

Special thanks to my Beta testers - Bleedingblak and Beren

If anyone has any questions or comments please post them in this thread.
LifeFire - Eternal - Grimdal
Mage/Priest/Knight
82/82/82

Give a macro, Take a Macro
Lifefire's Collections

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Lifefire" (Feb 23rd 2014, 7:46pm)

Saturday, February 22nd 2014, 5:03pm

interesting approach on a targeting addon. Will give it a shot.
-Eggmann- 84P/61K/50S US-Reni Knightshift Guild

Saturday, February 22nd 2014, 11:22pm

Cool, will give it a shot, have been using 'Target' for quite a while now, but when you get those team fights of 20+ its near impossible to hold 1 target, so was actually looking thought the Target addon to see if I could make it a hotkey instead ^.^
Cammo (82 M/82 W/82 R) 116,147 unbuffed Matk :D (95k pa - r/m)
Livia (82 P/77 K/75 S) wisdom O.o wtf is that...
~~ retired - Thanks to gameforge for that. ~~

Saturday, February 22nd 2014, 11:39pm

There's an option in Target that "fixes" your target and prevents you from getting a new one via mouse over. But the ability to swap between npc targetting and player targetting sounds nice. no need to change settings based on PvX
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvw3IXqDgHoaK0lHJnyqBJQ vids of stuff

Lifefire

Master Procrastinator

Saturday, February 22nd 2014, 11:59pm

The reason i didnt add any target swap preventions is because when you want to target a specific player/pet/npc in a group of more than just 1, it would take more time to get to the target you want.

The way it is set up now, you can scroll over an entire group and when you find the target you want all you have to do is release the hotkey and it will stop searching for new targets. I felt it was faster and easier to target certain things in a group.

It could of course be changed in the future.
Mage/Priest/Knight
82/82/82

Lifefire's Collections

bleedingblak

I'm here to troll you

Mood: Crying

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 3:01am

The best addon, just sayin.

~Fly into the distance, disappear for awhile~

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 3:19am

Looks really nice. Will give it a test soon and will definetly reccomend to all friends for sure.
99/99/99/99/99/99 W/WD/S/D/R/M

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 7:16pm

Is this addon not designed to target enemy npcs? I was able to target players in 1v1 arena but not monsters in open world. All i can get it to do is remove target when holding down MT-Enemy hotkey, with all targetting list options checked. It works fine for targetting friendly npcs though...
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis

Lifefire

Master Procrastinator

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 7:29pm

Can you provide a screenshot so i can match your settings and test it to find out where there error is coming from that you are experiencing
Mage/Priest/Knight
82/82/82

Lifefire's Collections

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 7:36pm

hm seems to be working now. Wonder if there was an issue with my mouse preventing the buttons from working properly when I tried it earlier. Sorry for false alarm.
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis

Lifefire

Master Procrastinator

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 7:45pm

No worries, also i just updated MouseTarget to v1.2, its not an important update, just a couple tooltip fixes.
Mage/Priest/Knight
82/82/82

Lifefire's Collections

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 11:13pm

Darn, after messing around with this for a while I think im going to have to go back to using Target >.> The hotkey settings doesnt seem to allow me to enter Ctrl or Alt (or Shift, but as your currently invisible ?'s state there could be errors with that).
Tried a few other buttons and none sit in the right spot for me xD Or they are already taken by something else (like mount being shortcut to the tilde key (left of 1) etc.
Or is it possible to add a setting so that it doesnt require a hotkey to target? I still like the option of the settings change outside/inside siege etc.
Cammo (82 M/82 W/82 R) 116,147 unbuffed Matk :D (95k pa - r/m)
Livia (82 P/77 K/75 S) wisdom O.o wtf is that...
~~ retired - Thanks to gameforge for that. ~~

Lifefire

Master Procrastinator

Monday, February 24th 2014, 12:57am

The issue is only with the "Shift" key because its coded into the game to be an NPC override key so you can target blocked npc's. As you can see from the screenshot in my main post, i use ( ctrl + ` ) for my friend targeting.

If for some reason it will not allow you to set hotkeys using ( ctrl ) or ( alt ) then there is possibly an issue with your client's ability to save hotkeys correctly, even my client wouldn't let me use ( alt + 1 ) for any thing at all for a long time. You can try a work around by going to your hidden rom folder and editing the hotkeys there while the client is closed, it worked for me and in theory should work for you as well.

Also if you are prone to crashing, setup all your hotkeys then relog to make sure they save correctly, the same way you would for every other addon.

As to your question about not using a hotkey... i originally had it setup that way but then it was trying to search for too many targets at the same time and would not allow any npc interactions at all and adding target swap preventions kinda defeats the point of having a fast targeting addon imo.
Mage/Priest/Knight
82/82/82

Lifefire's Collections

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 1:25am

Having the exact same behavior cant seem to figure it out. Can target friendlies but nothing else in open world.
13lack13ox has attached the following image:
  • MT-Settings.jpg
~ Jonesy...Shmonesy... I've got an Oak Walker!

Lifefire

Master Procrastinator

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 3:30am

The "target friends" hotkey you have chosen is [ . (period) ], the "target enemies" hotkey looks like a [ , (comma) ] try setting a different enemy hotkey and see if that solves the problem. After you are able to find a working hotkey, you should be able to easily move it back to [ , (comma) ] without any issues. However if [ , (comma) ] still wont work but another hotkey did, then the issue is with your actual key on your keyboard.

Please let me know the outcome you reach.
Mage/Priest/Knight
82/82/82

Lifefire's Collections

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 4:33am

Sure thing I'll let ya know. But I do not think it's my keyboard! ....... ,,,,,,,,, ....... ^.^ Also I do not understand if it's the hotkeys then how come the friendlies work. I did try friendly using the hotkey I had for enemies ( switched them ) had same behavior could target friendlies but nothing enemy. I will do your suggestions then get back to ya.

One last thing I forgot to mention previously. When having a targeted enemy mob in open world. Then using the hotkey I have setup to target enemy as you see in the picture. The target is untargeted, exactly like the behavior mention a few posts above. So the hotkey is getting registered. It has to be... Also tried unloading all addons and just loading MouseTarget. Same result. Ok heading off to try different hotkeys! I already did try a few previously such as "\" and a few others but thats the only one I remember.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "13lack13ox" (Apr 10th 2014, 4:41am)

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 10:27am

For some reason can't even get it to work at all now. Before it was working for friendly targets. Well I do apologize.. There seems to be a problem using it with fslim that I made mods too. It's working fine completely unloaded everything. I must have missed my UI addon in my previous attempt. Now to figure out where the conflict is.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "13lack13ox" (Apr 10th 2014, 7:13pm)