You are not logged in.

Friday, September 11th 2015, 10:26pm

StoneForge's Multi-Purpose Addon

It is probably common knowledge by now, But I have an addon on curse. I recently haven't had the time to keep updating like I wanted to. What I have done though is made a tutorial available in video format as to WHAT my addon does.

Quoted

This add-on was designed for end gamers! But can be used by anyone. It performs a variety of functions to make siege life and instance running easier and less stressful. For example, there is a built in fearless cooldown timer; no more need to ask how long till fearless in siege. There is also things like party swapping for burn phases, so you don't have to use a macro or swap manually. There is a whole lot of other things this add-on can do too!
Anyway I'm leaving this here, so people know how to use the addon, as the instructions can be confusing without my explanations.
The addon can be found here: http://www.curse.com/addons/rom/smpa
And the video tutorial here: https://youtu.be/qLn51l6CamU
Also this code is not professional looking at all. The addon is still in BETA technically, although I have come a long way since the orginal version.
If anyone has suggestions for additions I'd be happy to hear them, although my time to work on this project is limited atm.

Cike

Rogue

Saturday, September 12th 2015, 12:03am

this looks quite interesting. thanks for sharing.
my r/p can outdps r/m. your name is stupid.

mages should stack dex. word.

JarretGov

Trainee

Occupation: Training Coordinator, DSP, Bouncer, Cook, Stagehand and Rock Star

Mood: Cursing

Saturday, September 12th 2015, 12:27am

DAMN besides missing my guild a ton THIS makes me want to come back Well done sir!!
Jarret: Wd/R/W/M/S/D 90/87/90/26/1/1
Holy's right hand and Second in Command @ Heavensfury
Card Farmer
Govinda

Monday, September 14th 2015, 7:37pm

I see lots of potential for some very good use outta this, because yes we have several people during siege asking 'when is fearless' 'keep track the enemy can retornado in 7 minutes' and ofcourse merit count...

I have not try'd the addon yet but will be if only to try out the fearless counter xD

two things: maybe consider a different output or a way to change the output from not battlefield chat (the ability to select a specific/seperate channel, party? whisper??) i dont know how many lines of text we are talking but we (my guild) do not use battlefield chat

i like the hide ui's and have noticed for myself a Nice raise in fps when ui's is hidden thro ctrl+z, the issue i have is as officer of my guild, i Do need to be available to my people, if they have questions and such, hiding the chat ui is not something i'm comfortable with, so i suggest the ability to select which specific ui's be hidden?

also if you have ever try'd quicksiegetrade (for merit trading) you know that ui/addon is only up when siege is up, tis very convenient you may want to consider that for some of your addons aspects

look forward to trying it, ty for the interesting addon with lots of potential :thumbsup:
98/98/61 osha p/k/r
overheard in guildchat: "Its RoM if you're not lagging, you've crashed" "from your lips to frog's ears"

Tuesday, September 15th 2015, 1:25am

@lemony2 A few notes, first of all, thank you for your positive feedback. I will most likely make the UI options a thing, as I have had multiple comments about this now. As for the battlefield chat, this is stuff you should NOT worry about. It's the addon communicating with itself. I output important messages you need to see in guild, or in my message frame... Battlefield chat was used because you can HIDE the chat [spam, depends on the circumstances] if you don't wish to see it. My miniframe is available at any time, VIA the Mini button by clicking on the minimap icon.

However my addon works much like GSQT addon. My addon changes and sort of transform's itself in siege, verses not in siege. All depending on what is required of it at the time. The miniframe's are meant as just that a mini version of the HUGE frame. However... The full frame is meant for 1-2 people in your guild who wish to have everything runnig, gate checks, soulbond checks... The full Frame is where the large functionality is, the mini frame is just a way of interacting with the addon quickly for farmers or frontliners...

If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to leave them here.

Tuesday, September 15th 2015, 10:58pm

So far I like it,would be nice to have your own guilds nado timer too.so far I have just been hitting the nado button when I use it cause st our low points we tend to get some no shows.
Zymologist wl/ch/m/p
Matronmalice p/s/m
Ceviche wl/ch

Wednesday, September 16th 2015, 12:02am

So far I like it,would be nice to have your own guilds nado timer too.so far I have just been hitting the nado button when I use it cause st our low points we tend to get some no shows.
Surprise, I actually finished this code last night. I just need to see, if i can make your tornado activate automagically like your guilds fearless, so you don't have to push a button.Working on the FPS chat stuff later today.
Thanks for letting me know in any case.

Saturday, September 19th 2015, 5:21am

I like the addon. It works great. Only got one problem. I moved the mini section over to the side to far and the move button can not be accessed. I uninstalled then reinstalled but still not able to move the mini part. Any way to fix this?
Avengement Guild Leader K/W/P/S

Cike

Rogue

Saturday, September 19th 2015, 6:05am

i'm fairly sure that would just be a variable set in savevariables (should be under the correct addon header with something like " ["pos_x"] " as the variable), it will be in either the char one or the main one. you should just be able to edit the position back onscreen, or just delete that position and it *should* set it back to default.

sorry, but without having the addon installed myself, can't tell you more.

as always, back up things before messing with them.
my r/p can outdps r/m. your name is stupid.

mages should stack dex. word.

Sunday, September 20th 2015, 12:02am

I like the addon. It works great. Only got one problem. I moved the mini section over to the side to far and the move button can not be accessed. I uninstalled then reinstalled but still not able to move the mini part. Any way to fix this?
Cike is correct, I call it x and y I believe, nothing to fancy.
However the following code should work IF you are running a < 1.0.0 Full-release version

Source code

/run SMPA_Frame:SetPos(100,100)

In the future (Full-Release scheduled for Sunday) the command will be.

Source code

/run SMPA_MiniFrame:SetPos(100,100)

If for some ODD reason these don't work just say so in the thread, and we can direct you to the variables, which can be a hassle.

Heron

Game Administrator

Sunday, September 20th 2015, 6:36am

When you are making small changes to your settings, and don't want to close and re-open the game client a zillion times, the command /script ReloadUI() can be helpful. Not to be confused with /script ResetUI().

Sunday, September 20th 2015, 6:01pm

When you are making small changes to your settings, and don't want to close and re-open the game client a zillion times, the command /script ReloadUI() can be helpful. Not to be confused with /script ResetUI().
Theres alot more issues with /ReloadUI() then meet the eye. I either use it for .lua changes that don't effect actual user interface or .xml Or I completely relog the client. It's usually the latter. Because I can't tell you how many bugs crop up from the /ReloadUI();

I had this happen twice yesterday. I'm like this variable isn't a table value the hell you talking about error log?

Heron

Game Administrator

Sunday, September 20th 2015, 6:22pm

I'd be interested in knowing more if you feel like explaining, but this is probably not the thread for it.

Monday, September 21st 2015, 4:19pm

I'd be interested in knowing more if you feel like explaining, but this is probably not the thread for it.

That's fine its my thread, and I'll derail if I want too... As for /run ReloadUI(); It refreshes the UI by method of 'unique addition'. If there isn't a frame called SMPA_Frame for example and we have an array that looks like this..

Source code

local SMPA_TestArray = {
   temp1 = 1337
   temp2 = "Example for Heron."
};

And you refresh with the /run ReloadUI(); and our addon says the code "Yo, homie let me give you the 411 on SMPA_Frame we need it stat!" Then the game says ok bud, I will ADD one. And a new one is created. This is the wonderful case where everything is fine and dandy.

The issues began to arise when you already HAVE a SMPA_Frame. So continuing the scenario. We make some changes to a variable array we had already declared. The array will now look like this.

Source code

local SMPA_TestArray = {
   temp2 = "Still an example for heron..."
   temp3 = "Fenrir-Chan best waifu"
};

So we come back and everything thing looks fine... Except you can call temp1 and it will return 1337. Because it lives in memory still. You have done nothing but 'add' temp 3 to the SMPA_TestArray and change the contents of temp2. While the syntax may not be correct on everything, since I'm not looking at my code atm... The principle is the same. An override will happen only in the case of temp2 where everything is the same, except for the assignment to the variable. Most of the time most of your code won't change, or you will be adding new stuff. But ocassionally you can get some really weird results because of the temp1 being in memory, and 'adding' to the same method, if you had a syntax error in the method header will result in a table value. It's stuff like this that makes 0 sense because everything is working fine, your old 'addon' parts is simply messing with the new addon parts. I've had plenty of times this has occurred. Hopefully this makes some sense.

Peryl

Intermediate

Monday, September 21st 2015, 11:31pm

The real "problem" is that when ReloadUI is invoked, the game does not clear out the Lua environment (I can envision technical reasons as to why it is done this way).

@ftwoplay
The way around this issue is to add an if statement around non-constant variable declarations.

Using your example variable, the folloowing would work around the issue:

Source code

if SMPA_TestArray == nil then
  local SMPA_TestArray = {
     temp1 = 1337
  };
end

When ReloadUI is invoked, SMPA_TestArray will not be nil and therefore will not execute the code inside the if statement bypassing the problem altogether.

Edit
One little problem with the above. As written, it wouldn't actually work since the variable is declared as local.

Instead, you could do something like this

Source code

if SMPA_TestArray == nil then
  TMP_Array =  {
     temp1 = 1337
  };
else
  TMP_Array = SMPA_TestArray
end

local SMPA_TestArray  = TMP_Array
2013... The year from hell....

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Peryl" (Sep 22nd 2015, 11:27pm)