You are not logged in.

Saturday, August 29th 2015, 10:13am

Quest and Objective Complete play sound file?

I would love an addon that will play a sound file when you complete part of a quest (objective) and another sound file that will play when the entire quest is completed.

Haven't been able to find a decent guide on registering events. Not much documentation for this game.

Thank you in advance.

Heron

Game Administrator

Saturday, August 29th 2015, 7:12pm

Doesn't the game already do this? I've played with it muted for so long...

I know the second part - play tone upon quest completion - already happens. You might try playing with the config settings: turn down the music, turn off the 'bam, bonk, crash' noises that occur in battle. You might be able to set it to just play system noises.

Saturday, August 29th 2015, 7:27pm

It does already, but I would like to change them personally. One could replace the WAV file but I try not to override game files as much as possible.

This would need a script to register and catch the QUEST_COMPLETE event then playing the audio file. Problem is, I am used to World of Warcraft Lua programming, things are a bit different with Runes of Magic; otherwise I would be able to get it working myself.

There are also other reasons I need help building the addon for this, as it can be used for a few other ideas in my mind.

Heron

Game Administrator

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 2:20am

I see. Hm. You might try taking the Ultimate Mail Mod addon and dissecting it. It catches the event of a mail arriving in the box and can be set to play a 'you've got mail' tone.

Monday, August 31st 2015, 12:24pm

The function you're looking for is PlaySoundByPath. As for registering Events, there are some tutorials/guides on the same site that show different ways to achieve that.

Furthermore, you might want to look at the source of the standard quest GUI. You can extract those using FDB Extractor 2.
Mithrandir - Warden/Warrior/Scout/Druid 95/95/95/87 (Dochas) - yes, I'm german :P
Creator of RaidHeal (Curse)