You are not logged in.

Tuesday, March 8th 2016, 9:31am

Chat log Cashe add-on

So i have a friend that is looking for an Add on for this function. He isn't even sure if its possible with the games mechanics.

Ideally what the add-on would do is record all sent and Received private messages (whispers) in game, and place them either in an in-game log, which would stay recorded for future reference, even after logging out. Or more preferably, it would also save the sent or received messages to an out-of-game cashe for future reference for whatever the desired reason is.

This may already be an add-on that exists, I'm not sure, but so far neither him nor myself have had any luck locating it.

As always, any help with this will be much appreciated! :thumbsup:
Krayden
Co-leader of Serenity
Server Mithras
Krayden - K/W/S
Godussop - S/Wd/R/M
Zathal- D/W/S/Wd

I do a lot of my forum stuff from my phone, so forgive any typos please :3

Tuesday, March 8th 2016, 2:34pm

The game has this feature built in already, in your rom folder go to log, select the year and then the date, and open the file, its not perfect and afaik it doesn't work for every client but it should be at least sort of what you're looking for.
99/99/99/99/99/99 W/WD/S/D/R/M

Friday, March 11th 2016, 12:39am

Sorry for the late reply. Apparently this is what he has been using so far, but it's a huge cluttered mess. With a whole bunch of non English jumble in there and lots of unessecary system, pet and npc messages.

What would be nice would be one that filters the chat you want, such as whispers, guild chat, part, private channels ect. It could work the same way tabs in the chat box work. That would be beyond perfection.
Krayden
Co-leader of Serenity
Server Mithras
Krayden - K/W/S
Godussop - S/Wd/R/M
Zathal- D/W/S/Wd

I do a lot of my forum stuff from my phone, so forgive any typos please :3