You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, November 4th 2017, 7:06am

Anyone know the servers that have a higher population of players?

As the subject line says, mostly just wondering if anyone know what servers have the highest player population ? Just figured I'd ask before making a character since I'm concerned about all the recent server merges due to lower population. Figure it might be best to go to a highly populated server so I won't lose anything in the future. Maybe I'm worrying for nothing though. Just a new player here.

What happened during previous merges ? Were you able to keep your items, gold and characters if you were actively playing ?

dukeletoII

Beginner

Mood: Mellow

Saturday, November 4th 2017, 7:21am

There is only one server now but you still kept everything you had when they merged the servers together... and welcome to Runes of Magic!!!

Saturday, November 4th 2017, 8:33am

sorry for confusion, what I meant to ask was do some of the other servers in different countries have a higher population than the USA server ? Or are all servers similar in player numbers ? Have no way of knowing maybe. Many years ago I think there was a website that told you the population information but I guess its gone now.

Sunday, November 5th 2017, 7:31pm

Generally EU servers have a higher population, certainly the German ones.

But in this regard, don't look at the population but in first place to were you live. Should you go to EU servers, you will have a higher ping value (lag and you will see things a bit later, thus meaning you will get frustrated) and when you will play, many of the EU players will be sleeping or just waking up or logging out, due time differences. This means that you won't encounter that many players eitherwise. (If you're from America ofcourse).

So what's better? If you're from the America as a whole, go play on the US servers. If you're from EU go play on the EU servers.

Recently GF is merging servers and you never know, a cross US-EU server might be coming, meaning you will encounter many players.

Monday, November 6th 2017, 7:49am

oh ok. you are probably right that its better to stay on aeterna then. i actually had items on the artemis server from many years ago so im thinking it might be restored or put back on aeterna but im not sure. artemis was one of many US servers in the past. ive had a ticket put in about my account restoration but its taking a long time to find out. 5 days at least now, lol. just thinking they wouldnt be able to restore that to any EU server either way. i'm pretty much from canada so i suppose you can say that any US server is my closest option.

dukeletoII

Beginner

Mood: Mellow

Monday, November 6th 2017, 8:47am

If you have been gone for a few years, chances are that you lost everything. When they merged servers from 7 down to 2 servers, you needed to have logged in up to, and not 100% positive, 6 months after the merge to have the toons saved. You may still have the account(not sure), but with it going down to just 1 server now, you most likely will need to start over from scratch. Hope you can get it back, but the odds are very much against you.

Monday, November 6th 2017, 12:23pm

Yeah, I'm kinda hoping I'll just get my account back if nothing else since I had some diamonds left on it. Like you say though, I think its unlikely I'll get my gold or items back. I won't say I lost too much overall. Just a few level 20 characters and a mount that I purchased. Think it was the star permanent.