You are not logged in.

Heron

Game Administrator

• "Heron" started this thread

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 2:56pm

Collection Thread - Temple of the Sun and Eternal Sleep, Feedback

Happy Thursday, the new instance is open. :thumbsup:

Gameforge is asking us to round up any feedback players have about the Sun Temple. How's the difficulty of it? Some bugs still exist, do they make it unplayable?

Please collect your (constructive!) comments here.

-your RoM team

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 6:41pm

It was way too easy.
Magío • Mithras

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 6:03am

I have 2 suggestions for first boss:

1.) change the shadow texture under the pillars that drop from The sky.(The ones that are targeted by gravel attack and the ones you need to hide behind for rock vortex.) Currently their shadows are small and hard to see on lower graphics settings. They are much smaller than the objects that appear. There are times when your character is clear of the shadow, but the object hits you because you aren't far away enough.
Fix: darken the shadows a bit, and make them the same size as the pillars that drop, so you can be sure to be out of the way, cause as of now it's a guess.

2.) From my experience "idolquake" is hard to silence because the boss does a knockdown for players close to him as it's casting Idolquake. The knockdown lasts almost the duration of the cast and most of the time I run out of time to get silence off to interrupt it.(I know you "could" just try to keep the boss permanently silenced so he doesnt get the chance to cast it, but that's a bandaid and not an actual fix or not the way the strat is intended I'm sure.)

Suggestion for fix: either eliminate the knockdown effect or lengthen the cast time of Idolquake by 1 second to allow for a decent silence/interrupt opportunity.
Krayden
Co-leader of Serenity
Server Mithras
Krayden - K/W/S
Godussop - S/Wd/R/M
Zathal- D/W/S/Wd

I do a lot of my forum stuff from my phone, so forgive any typos please :3

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 12:19pm

First boss is legitimately fun. I would agree with changing the shadow size as it is a bit difficult to tell how far away from the actual shadow you have to be to not get hit by the idol, but overall a good strat that works and is doable. The rest of the instance is burn and not even a terribly difficult burn, which is odd considering how much HP they all have.

Please stop using the same trash mobs you've been using since VoR. Groups of 5 mobs that all have a stun are absolutely ridiculous already, and then you add in yet another mob, the Angren Priests, that can also stun the tank. It's too many stuns that all do AoE damage on top of their stuns. DPS should not need 300k hp to survive trash mobs.

I'm going to disagree with Krayden ^ about nerfing the idolquake silence mechanic. Even with the knockdown it only took about 3 tries before I had no problem silencing every single Idolquake alone as a w/m using JUST silence. If more than one person is trying it should be no problem. You can also silence the knockdown as it's a casted skill. Also, Idolquake is a flat 150k damage skill so if you miss silence you should be buffing enough HP to survive it even if you screw up and get hit.

The biggest problem with this instance is the same problem that has existed with most recent instances. Their strats are either impossibly broken (See: Veiled Crypt), their strats are so broken that they either don't exist or HAVE to be burned and they have to be burned in less than 10s (See: IBP 2-5, Bone Peak, CoE, HoE, PoM, Grotto).

The last legitimately good bosses in this game have been:

Golem Guardian (First Sun Temple)
Fursthor (First IBP)
1, 2, 4 Vale of Rites
First boss RH

More instances with bosses full of these, rather than what seems to be the current strategy of 1 boss per instance that's well thought out with a strat and then a bunch of mindless burn bosses. It's legitimately embarassing that it took 6 months of this instance being broken and then it was released and cleared within two hours. The clearing party killed every boss other than first on their first try in less than an hour. This should not happen with the "hardest" instance in the game.

The instance has at this point in time, as far as I know, already been cleared by two parties on the US servers, and will soon be cleared by the third if it hasn't been already. Compared to VoR, the most recent example of a "good" instance, which took a few weeks to clear.

Edit, also, as an aside that holds for every instance ever released: OD rate needs to be increased, as does "good" stat drop rate (Yellow Ability/Demon/Triumph). There are far too many stats that drop that are COMPLETELY and UTTERLY useless such as wis/matk, matk/mdef that simply should not exist in hard mode.
Borella - 100 W/M/S/R/P/K
VVV
If you play P/K in instances you're garbage

Grimthar

GM Bughunter™ (DE&US)

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 4:17pm

I have 2 suggestions for first boss:

1.) change the shadow texture under the pillars that drop from The sky.(The ones that are targeted by gravel attack and the ones you need to hide behind for rock vortex.) Currently their shadows are small and hard to see on lower graphics settings. They are much smaller than the objects that appear. There are times when your character is clear of the shadow, but the object hits you because you aren't far away enough.
Fix: darken the shadows a bit, and make them the same size as the pillars that drop, so you can be sure to be out of the way, cause as of now it's a guess.

2.) From my experience "idolquake" is hard to silence because the boss does a knockdown for players close to him as it's casting Idolquake. The knockdown lasts almost the duration of the cast and most of the time I run out of time to get silence off to interrupt it.(I know you "could" just try to keep the boss permanently silenced so he doesnt get the chance to cast it, but that's a bandaid and not an actual fix or not the way the strat is intended I'm sure.)

Suggestion for fix: either eliminate the knockdown effect or lengthen the cast time of Idolquake by 1 second to allow for a decent silence/interrupt opportunity.

1) Just increase the shadow details, it doesn't increase the critrate of the client that much. But i didn't hear much complaints of the shadow size so far and from personal experience (and i played it with lowest settings possible) you just have to get as far away from the shadow as possible.

2) Splash Cast is a knockback, usually you can still use your skills if timed properly. I didn't saw a guild so far which had massive problems to interrupt Idolquake. And even if Idolquake isn't interrupted it shouldn't be that big deal. The damage is easily survivable and the only thing which could kill you is the falling Shields/Pillars.

First boss is legitimately fun. I would agree with changing the shadow size as it is a bit difficult to tell how far away from the actual shadow you have to be to not get hit by the idol, but overall a good strat that works and is doable. (1)The rest of the instance is burn and not even a terribly difficult burn, which is odd considering how much HP they all have.

(2)Please stop using the same trash mobs you've been using since VoR. Groups of 5 mobs that all have a stun are absolutely ridiculous already, and then you add in yet another mob, the Angren Priests, that can also stun the tank. It's too many stuns that all do AoE damage on top of their stuns. DPS should not need 300k hp to survive trash mobs.

I'm going to disagree with Krayden ^ about nerfing the idolquake silence mechanic. Even with the knockdown it only took about 3 tries before I had no problem silencing every single Idolquake alone as a w/m using JUST silence. If more than one person is trying it should be no problem. You can also silence the knockdown as it's a casted skill. Also, Idolquake is a flat 150k damage skill so if you miss silence you should be buffing enough HP to survive it even if you screw up and get hit.

(3)The biggest problem with this instance is the same problem that has existed with most recent instances. Their strats are either impossibly broken (See: Veiled Crypt), their strats are so broken that they either don't exist or HAVE to be burned and they have to be burned in less than 10s (See: IBP 2-5, Bone Peak, CoE, HoE, PoM, Grotto).

The last legitimately good bosses in this game have been:

Golem Guardian (First Sun Temple)
Fursthor (First IBP)
1, 2, 4 Vale of Rites
First boss RH

More instances with bosses full of these, rather than what seems to be the current strategy of 1 boss per instance that's well thought out with a strat and then a bunch of mindless burn bosses. It's legitimately embarassing that it took 6 months of this instance being broken and then it was released and cleared within two hours. The clearing party killed every boss other than first on their first try in less than an hour. This should not happen with the "hardest" instance in the game.

The instance has at this point in time, as far as I know, already been cleared by two parties on the US servers, and will soon be cleared by the third if it hasn't been already. Compared to VoR, the most recent example of a "good" instance, which took a few weeks to clear.

(4)Edit, also, as an aside that holds for every instance ever released: OD rate needs to be increased, as does "good" stat drop rate (Yellow Ability/Demon/Triumph). There are far too many stats that drop that are COMPLETELY and UTTERLY useless such as wis/matk, matk/mdef that simply should not exist in hard mode.

1) Boss 1-3 are playable (even if there are still some problems); Boss 4 is probably the biggest problem we have; Boss 5 should be playable.
2) It was hard enough to get changes for the Bosses (and even those got discarded too often) changing trash would have resulted in even more annoyances
3) see 1
4) We tried it to get stattable/nonstat changes for the last instances and all were ignored. It takes hours to get a good suggestion for that. And to be honest...i've never been that unmotivated to even try to get changes. Permanent crying from the community over things we just can't change; getting ignored from GF/RW has it's price. Even asking for Feedback too often results in complaints and verbal attacks against the team.

Grimthar
You want to be part of the tech-team?
Send your application to admins@runesofmagic.net

Wednesday, February 28th 2018, 4:05pm

Temple of the Sun and Eternal Sleep

I din't want to come across as being negative however, I don't understand why GF would ask the player base for our opinion on this instance. I don't remember any time in the past when GF has performed any changes as the result of requests from the player base. You said it yourself, GF does not even listen to the GM team.

The GM team has a tough enough time trying to help the player base without GF asking for input that will never be acted on.

Thank you to the GM team for what you do.