You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 8:40pm

Need a little help/advice

Can't decide on a class, tanking on a knight sounds fun (maybe k/s or k/r? if not k/w or maybe w/k?), but champ also seems like a kinda fun tank, warlock seems really fun (but i heard people can just dual box them pretty easily so that seems pointless to play but XD) and rogue also seems awesome and I can't choose between them, any recommendations or advice? I don't really care about roles or anything (i know i can level multiple classes but i want to start with one character and work on that) but im also not a fan of playng a fotm class if that helps at all, thanks <3<3

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Reckfulfanboy" (Apr 24th 2018, 9:00pm)

Thursday, April 26th 2018, 5:19am

If you don't want to be flavor of the month classes, I'd suggest picking whatever you have fun playing as. Its really down to your personal play style if you aren't worried about how well they'll actually do.

That being said, out of the classes you mention, K/W is the best tank, without question, because of their level 50 elite skill.

However, you mentioned interest in Warlock and Champion.
Warlock/Mage is great for buffs for your party at endgame (but Mage/Warlock is actually better).
Warlock/Champion is one of the best PVP class, if not the best currently.

With those, Champion/Mage is a pretty entertaining class for the sake of fun.
Playing again in 2018
Mattyb
Mage/Knight
Artemis server
Former The Black Tower Leader and Tarrasque Rank
Serenity Guild Member
<3

Thursday, April 26th 2018, 9:36am

Is there any need for tanks right now compared to the other classes you mentioned that were good? or are those in more demand? I was also thinking maybe rogue but i feel like theres a ton and arent really in demand

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Reckfulfanboy" (Apr 26th 2018, 9:42am)

Thursday, April 26th 2018, 3:33pm

There is a demand for all classes. It's not really a matter of which class you pick, as long as you stick around. That's the main thing.
Krayden
Co-leader of Serenity
Server Mithras
Krayden - K/W/S
Godussop - S/Wd/R/M
Zathal- D/W/S/Wd

I do a lot of my forum stuff from my phone, so forgive any typos please :3

Thursday, April 26th 2018, 11:44pm

Here's my 2c regarding picking a class combo. There's no such thing as "Flavor of the Month" classes in this game. Runewaker doesn't do balancing patches often enough for that to be the case. People don't play these classes because they're the "new shiny overpowered class", but because they're not trash. There's only a few good good, a few average, and many bad class combos. The last re-balance was Scout and that's probably over a year ago. The one before that was the Knight patch and it's been like 3 years.

If you choose to play a bad class combo because you want to be different, knock yourself out. Do your thing. Have fun. Just DON'T expect to get endgame PvE action. Don't expect people to CARRY you, because no matter how good you are at the game, if you play a bad class combo you'll still do worse than an average player will do playing a good class.

The disparity between good/bad combos is so huge, that if you playing a bad class combo constantly outperform someone playing a good class combo, I'd question the mental and/or physical capabilities of the person playing the good class combo.

I've yet to see people clear the endgame content playing unique terrible combos.

You want to something that's "in demand". Bad combos aren't in demand.
Magío • Mithras

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests