You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 3:43am

Crying Wolf In Siege and How Some Things Work

I have been seeing a lot of complaints mostly about hacking, some of it directed at me, some directed at others, said by enemies and guildies alike. It is just as annoying to be falsely accused of hacking, as it is to be on the receiving end of a character not working the way you “think it should”. I might be a condescending a-hole, but the ones who are truly rude are people who hurt other people’s reputation simply because they don’t know how someone is doing something. Here's somebasic knowledge so you don't embarrass you and your guild anymore for being ignorant (that means lacking in knowledge/information) or for being a poor sport.

NEW STUFF ADDED HERE: Crying Wolf In Siege and How Some Things Work

Equipment:
Just because someone has better equipment then you doesn't mean they hacked to get it. Some ppl either throw lots of money at the game, work really hard, get extremely lucky or get some combination of those factors, and have some epic equipment. Deal with it.

BUFFS:
A lot of the stuff mentioned later in this thread have to do with player buffs (cooldowns/foods included). The defaults User Interface will only show 32 Enemy Buffs, but there is in fact a max of 40 on each person. That is to say, if you can't see something, it does not mean its not there. Download addons such as Smart Buff Bars or other addons that modify your Interface (fslimUI, ikarus, etc.) to make these additional 8 buffs visible. I recommend smart buff bars as you can set this addon to show ONLY specific buffs (like show only immunes on enemy players) rather then everything.

Faces, Eyes, and Stones:

Faces of Treachery: ONE SECOND CAST TIME is the important thing here that most players don’t realise. Let me break it down for you – if I use mad rush, spellweaver potion, and the herald skill Thunderforce for super fast movement speed, I can run in the range of, pass through, and move beyond a face of treachery in less then 1 second, avoiding the knockdowns from some of them.I also believe (but am not 100% sure) that some immunities prevent the knockdowns as well. Players not getting knocked down all the time IS NOT A HACK, it’s how the game works.
Eyes of True Knowledge: (see above about cast times) These will stun people who are invisible and bring them out of hide. That’s fine and dandy, but rogues who use the set skill Escape who are immune to such things, DON’T GET KNOCKED OUT OF INVIS. Escape has a 2minute cooldown...don’t be calling a rogue a hacker when he/she knows how to use their skills.
Sea Washed Stones: I don’t know a whole lot about these, but from what I can tell they only interrupt/silence for 1s or less. Not permanent silence like mages for 5+s. In other words, sea washed stones won’t protect you from a mage using instant cast spells since these...aren’t interrupted.

Flame Towers/Electric Towers/Invisibility Towers:
(closely related to this section is the "Damage Absorb" section -- I suggest reading that section if you are puzzled about some occurances)
Flame Towers: when upgraded, fear. But only when they do damage, and the target isn’t immune to “fear” effects. That is to say, anyone using magic immunes or fear immunity can walk through no problem.

Electric Towers: when upgraded interrupt casting, and REMOVE INVISIBILITY. It’s not a hack when some knight hits a rogue who was in hide with a single target skill, when an electric tower comes into play.

Invisibility Towers: don’t keep you invis permanently. If you use skills like heals, or if a nearby flame/electric tower attacks, it removes invis for all nearby players. That is to say, just because they target you while you’re standing next to an invisibility tower doesn’t mean they’re hacking – you might not be using the tower correctly.

Immunities:

“Zomg this person is immune to everything I use and I can’t kill them!” Here’s a small list...

Fearless (blue bubble, herald skill used during siege war, physical and magical immunity for all players) : Duration 15s : Cooldown 3min
Holy Aura: (priest general skill, physical and magical immune for user) : Duration 5s : cooldown 2min
Holy Shield: (Knight Primary, physical immune for nearby party members) : Duration 5s : 5min cooldown
Rainbow Crystal Candy: (crafted food, physical immunefor user) : Duration 4s : 3min Cooldown
Serenstum: (crafted food, magical immune for user) :Duration 6s : 3min cooldown
Defense Net: (warlock primary, when maxed is magic immune, USABLE ON OTHER PLAYERS) : Duration 5s : Cooldown 2min

The list goes on....the point is, just because someone’s immune “all the time” doesn’t mean they hack. Look for a more sensible explanation which may or may not require you to open your eyes and stop button mashing momentarily. Ofc if they are immune while having no buffs on that raises a red flag, but check for buffs/pots/foods used before you make yourself look like a buffoon.

Also, Magic immunes can prevent many debuffs, such as Shadow prison and many roots.

Damage Reductions:
“wtf why do i hit this guy for 1 dmg?”

As mentioned above, defense net is actually 100% dmg reduce, but this manifests itself via flames being immuned. Many skills reduce damage received, as well as the new honor gear, but not all these skills work in the same way (THAT explanation will be saved for another topic). Essentially, if you stack enough reduction, you can get 100%. Take wd/d for example. Earth spirit essence + elven amulet + mother nature’s protection + damage transfer = 1 dmg wound attacks. Try it yourself if you don’t believe. Point here is, hitting for 1 dmg does not mean hacking, it means you don’t know much about the class(es) you’re fighting.

Damage Absorbs:
Some skills, such as Wave Armor from priests and Electrostatic Shield from mages, grant a shield that “absorbs X% max hp for Yseconds”. If a player has a 60k dmg shield on, and you hit them for a 20k Lightning, the damage gets absorbed BUT SO DOES THE ROOT EFFECT. In order for the secondary effects to occur, the target actually needs to take damage. (i.e not absorb or immune). This also applies to electric towers interrupting – if a knight gets Wave armor from a priest, electric towers will NOT interrupt their tornado (or w/e else they cast) until the wave armor gets removed. (changed during some 6.0.XX patch). While this does not apply to ALL skills that deal initial damage + extra dmg/effect, it does include nearly all of them. It’s not a hack if people know how the game works and you don’t.

Something very important to note -- Mage/scout Shot must also do physical damage in order for the bonus damage to activate -- this does not apply to w/m, k/m, or other classes, it is ONLY mage/scout. If your opponent dodges, absorbs, or RAINBOW CANDY the initial hit, they will NOT receive any damage. Warden nature crystals or c/m high-energy barriers or mage electrostatic shield essentially make m/s a useless skill. Get rid of the hp shields first, then spam shot. Also, since m/s shot counts as pdmg, you can use it to kill Magic Immune monsters such as on last boss Hall of the Demon Lord.

Super Fast Players:

Already mentioned this in regards to treacheries, but there are many buffs/skills that increase run speed. It is not uncommon for players to run faster than their mounted teammates/enemies – its all in the speed buffs. Some last only a short amount of time (10s) others such as the herald skill last 5minutes. They’re not fast, you’re just pathetically slow. Here's a brief list of various speed buffs/potions:
--Unbridled Enthusiasm
--Spellweaver
--Godspeed
--Sprint
--mad rush (siege war title skill)
--Thunderforce (herald speed buff)
--Assault Time (purchased from your farm)
--Godspeed (permanent provided from stable, only present while in guild castle or siege war. If your stable gets destroyed you lose the buff)
--Abyss Footsteps / Self-Distortion (warlock set skills)
--Soul Stepping (m/wl elite skill)
-- Hall of Dead Heroes (knight primary skill)
--many others
------Some of these work together, making it possible for certian classes to run significantly quicker then other players, especially if you're stable has been destroyed.

Vanishing Debuffs: "zomg why are you able to escape all my roots/stuns? gtfo cheater!"

The priest skill cleanse and the m/p elite are highly underused and underrated. Things such as lightning, Banish, and a plethora of other debuffs are classified as “harmful effects” and can be removed by appropriate skills. Gloves purchased for honor points form obsidian stronghold have a secondary effect on them: “Click to use: Frees from movement Impairing Effects. Cooldown: 2minutes” (the old level 50 gloves remove everything listed, while the new lvl 75+ gloves will not remove all that is mentioned). This includes, and is not limited to: Lightning, Shadow Prison, Movement Restriction, Slow, Myrmex Chain (from the kulech bandits in kbn), any skill classified as helpless etc. The VN rings iirc also immune/remove fear, many elite skills immune/prevent/remove root effects, slow effects, helpless (shadow prison a Helpless type effect). Magic immuning vs skills light lightning and shadow prison and strike of punishment prevents their debuff effects. It’s not a hack when a Warden mysteriously gets free of his lightning root...in fact it’s not much of a mystery either, at least for the warden.

There's more to add but I surpassed the character post limit :(
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvw3IXqDgHoaK0lHJnyqBJQ vids of stuff

This post has been edited 20 times, last edit by "BlankMinded" (Aug 21st 2014, 11:43pm)

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 6:50am

Part 2

NEW STUFF ADDED HERE: Crying Wolf In Siege and How Some Things Work

Hitting Through Walls/gates/stuff on top of walls etc...

Thunderstorm hits everything in a column. That is to say it hits everything above and below the point of casting. So while you may not like it, or think it is unfair, it is not a hack when a mage hits stuff on top of walls. There are also many skills that ignore line of sight, and can be used to hit players behind sealed gates/castle walls. Some such skills are GCH lvl 65 mage set skill, wd/s Anti magic arrow, r/m Enlivened blade, many warlock skills -- there are many more as well. Again, while not fair, it is also not a hack -- these skills work this way.

Aoes also go through gates. So a thunderstorm, or the c/m skill Elemental rampage that hits targets within a particular radius, will hit healers behind a sealed gate if you are too close.

Warden pets are npcs, not players. They travel and attack just like monsters and tower guards -- they fly through walls and what not. Its not a hack, although PURPOSEFULLY SENDING A PET TO DESTROY A GUILD BUILDING (like a processing factory of farm) SHOULD BE A BANNABLE OFENSE! Warden pets have a setting to auto attack things that hit the warden -- so flame and electric towers might aggro the pet -- but a warden should NEVER use it to kill "non-attacking" bulidings behind a wall. That is extremely unfair and takes advantage of a huge game flaw. Warden pets will however attack flame towers due to the before-mentioned auto hit feature, and again is not a hack.

Invisibility In General:
Whether it’s the rogue hide invis pots or something else, invisibility all works in a similar manner and there are a few odd things that players can do. If you can target a rogue while he is visible, and press your follow hotkey before you lose sight of him/her, you will indeed follow him regardless of visibility (until you use a skill). This is not a hack, it’s just how the game works and you can do it too! This also applies to warden pets who are sent to attack – once the attack is initiated on a visible rogue, they continue o attack regardless of visibility (pets will stop attacking if the target is too far from the warden).

Invisibility from invis towers breaks when skills are used, and not limited to your own skills. If you put both a flame tower and an invis tower at the same spot, the flame tower removes ALL invis when it attacks. “Zomg how did you know where the invis tower was?” ...Because I saw you cast a heal while standing in it, you moron.”

Speaking of which, going invis where other players can see you is not wise. If you are a rogue, and die to an unexpected thunderstorm, it is not because the mage saw you while in hide, it is because the mage saw you just before you went in hide. “I just saw a rogue disappear, let’s thunderstorm on that spot and see what happens...[watchesmerits go in bag]” is not a hack.

Courtesy of ruisen2000:
Walking on top of players while in hide, for whatever reason, also a bad idea. Players can see rogues when they are right on top of them, and if the rogue is lower level then the other player, the enemy can see the rogue from a farther distance.

Scout Detection does NOT see through invisibility potion,

LAG:
Lag has 3 general causes: video lag, latency lag (bad internet connection, "internet traffic" between your pc and the destination server, etc. measured via latency), and Server Lag. The first one pretty much only effects you, where the others are noticeable to all players. Latency and server lag manifest themselves as "Must face target", "target is too far away", players porting, and ppl randomly stop moving then things move like a fast forwarded movie. Porting and rubberbanding, which is the term I use to describe the phenomenon where one moves from point a, to point b then ports back to point a, usually occurs when someone roots me though it is not limited here. Annoying as it is, 99% of the time people porting around and stuff is lag, not hacking, and trust me when I say porting AWAY from someone when I play a class with no ranged skills is NOT helpful to me in any way/shape/form. Let me remind players that the rom servers are quite old and not that great, and lag is abundant. If someone is porting around they most likely don't notice it themselves so they won't KNOW they're porting. Tell them so they can try to relog and fix the problem, but don't expect someone to take 30min out of their sw to fix it...if relogging doesn't fix it then just deal with it, don't call them a hacker since they aren't doing things intentionally.

Addition courtesy of ruisen2000:
Relogging before siege REDUCES the chance that other players would see you lagging, but it does NOT guarantee that you will not lag. There are quite a few guilds out that who start throwing insults at the other guild, if that guild has players that lag. Of course, there are those other there who purposely do it - but do not assume that they all are.

Throne Scrolls and Herald skill: Summon Tornado:
"wtf our gates are dying in 2s these guys are cheaters!"

No, no they are not. Scrolls purchased from the throne inflict aoe damage, and each have a secondary effect. There are 3 scrolls that I each deal 10% hp dmg to a gate and they are instant cast (cannot be interrupted), the effectiveness of scrolls on players or npcs I currenlty do not know. The Herald ability summon Tornado summons a ....tornado! It hits once per second I believe, doing 10% hp to gates per hit. A tornado can up to 90% of gate's maximum hp depending on where the caster is standing when it is cast.

How the heck does one protect your gates then? There are ways to significantly increase healing done on gates (d/wd briar shield) -- a single, well geared druid warden can prevent a gate from dying even it the gate is hit by tornadoe and a scroll or two. A d/wd can heal a gate from 1% to 100% in 30s or less, do not underestimate it (both the defenders and the gate attackers xD). There are ways to reduce dmg done to gates including dmg received from scrolls (mother earth's protection works for sure, heroic guard (?), k/w United efforts maybe?, c/m bloody experience perhaps). Using a "-X% dmg received skill" can essentially negate a scroll and potentially keep your gate alive. Many classes also hp shields that can be placed on gates such as high-energy barrier c/m for which only has 15s cooldown -- good luck taking a gate down when a defender is spamming that skill! There are even 5s magic immunes that can be used like warlock defense net (which only requires level 20 and 2.9m tp to max) or the p/wl holy aura. There are TONS of ways to protect against scrolls, but they require the right timing to be used. Siege is not an instance or an arena fight -- having the right tools available to you (aka classes and elite skills) at the right place/time can provide you with an advantage that your opponent might not know how to deal with.

Dissappearing BUFFS:
The class combination priest/rogue has a skill called Purge. This skill removes ALL beneficial effects. It can bey key to killing some really annoying players as it can remove the defense buffs that are making you hit for nearly 0 damage. It can also be used to remove the herald skill Fearless from players -- i.e just because you have FEARLESS on doesn't mean you can't be killed when a p/r is around.

Random Stuff:
---Classes are not restricted to doing ALL magic/physical damage. Some classes like wardens have skills (frantic briar for wardens) that do MAGIC dmg despite all their other skills being physical -- candy will ofc not help you here, but that doesn't mean the warden hacks when you had a physical immune on.
---Skills can be cast on gates that increase/decrease healing done. Just because you tornado/scroll a gate doesn't mean its going to die if a d/wd or something is healing it.
---Scrolls have a 7minute cooldown just like the herald tornado. If you're gates are dying mysteriously, THE ENEMY IS USING SCROLLS/HERALD SKILLS, not hacks, in most cases. Don't be grumpy because you can't defend against it.
--Reduced Healign Received: some skills reduce healing received on targets. These can be used to try and negate buffs like d/wd briar shield. Using these can be helpful in killing gates or high hp players when healers are around, including the healer itself.

I welcome any additions, or corrections, but remember -- the point of this thread is to EDUCATE players and lower the frequency of annoying false accusations of hacking. Hacks do exist, don't get me wrong, but look for a more rational explanation before you accuse well known (on their respective servers), honest players of hacking. Its not cool...
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis

This post has been edited 16 times, last edit by "BlankMinded" (Apr 29th 2014, 1:46am)

ruisen2000

not a wallet warrior

Mood: Blink

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 7:04am

Great thread, vote for sticky. Imo, every guild participating in siege should have to read this first.

Lagging players.

Relogging before siege REDUCES the chance that other players would see you lagging, but it does NOT guarentee that you will not lag. There are quite a few guilds out that who start throwing insults at the other guild, if that guild has players that lag. Of course, there are those other there who purposely do it - but do not assume that they all are.

These 2 might seem obvious, but its actually surprising how many Rogues and Scouts cry haxxx over these 2: Other players can see you in hide if they walk on top of you. If you try to take a shortcut and walk through an opponent player for Sneak Attack, don't be surprised if they kill you while in hide. Also, Scout detection does NOT detect opponents using invis pot.
Noblewarrior
lv 98/98/89/60 M/W/P/K
Kikosi 98/50/60 Wl/Ch/M
the fail clothie tank~

Inactive

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 7:08am

I shall edit that into one of the main posts so its not missed. Thanks for input ^^
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis

Mood: Love

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 7:16am

Well i do agree with a lot of things you are pointing out in this thread, this should have been done before to let the uneducated people of the game.

Especially the ones that got to level 80/60 or 80/80 on daily reset tickets, that have no TP, doesn't know how to play their class or the game in general.

The only thing that makes me mad is when you get a level 50 player with green and blue gear, unstatted, un plussed, doesn't take damage ever and then poof one shots you, then we know it is fishy, apart from that your guid is pretty adequate. Or when they lag swithed, faced 2 guilds who do that everytime we meet them, now we sit on the roof and let them have it.

Also aren't eyes, fot's and seawash have a 3 secong cast time? just wondering thout that was the time of them?

TYVM

Would be nice to have toon name and guild association ;-)

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98
Disturbed guild leader on mithras :thumbsup:
BTW i do live under a bridge, i am Green, i can dish it out as good as i get
There are no better server than Reni, best place to be!!!!!

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 7:23am

The list goes on....the point is, just because someone’s immune “all the time” doesn’t mean they hack. Look for a more sensible explanation which may or may not require you to open your eyes and stop button mashing momentarily. Ofc if they are immune while having no buffs on that raises a red flag, but check for buffs/pots/foods used before you make yourself look like a buffoon.

I've ran into this problem before with not seeing buffs on other people. Well, I never had the issue, but people I've fought have had trouble seeing buffs on me in siege. The standard UI will only show 4 rows of buffs with each row housing 8 buffs. So you can only see 32 buffs on a target. I run around with 33/34 buffs on me at all times in siege minus burn buffs/food/electrostatic/magic tricks/etc. If I were to pop Mad rush and a spellweaver potion, my opponent will be unable to see the buffs on me. This is remedied by using the smartbuffbar addon. It allows you to display up to the max buff count on a target which is 40. Just thought I'd share this info.
New Sig Eventually

I Solo'd Horatio Tia 7-28-2012

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 7:24am

tbh the "1s cast time" i stated was pulled out of thin air. I know they have a cast but 1s is all it takes to kill them so I never bothered looking lol. If someone got the real number that would be nice for completeness.

Also, there are more then just that addon that will accomplish that task, but yes, you do need an addon to see more then 40. Off the top of my head, fslimui, adbb (advance buff bars), smart buff bars, ikarus will all do this I believe, and maybe some more i don't know about. I'll add that in somewhere if i can find an appropriate spot.
EDIT: added in a new section. if anyone has an interface addon they would like to mention to make seeing buffs more visible, or other things worth mentioning, I can add it in later, though I don't want this to become an "addons to get" thread (idea for a new topic perhaps?).

and one last note, my A key is broken so excuse my horrid spelling/mistypes, mashing my a key down ll night gets pinful on the pinky finger xD
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BlankMinded" (Sep 7th 2013, 7:32am)

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 10:12am

Immunities:

As mentioned above, defense net is a 100% dmg reduce, but this manifests itself via flames hitting a warlock for 1 damage, not “immune”.

This is wrong. I am a warlock and have tested this in and out of siege and it does in fact get immune when I am hit with magic.

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 4:24pm

Tyvm for having put up your toon name and guild;-)

I think all the people writing here have been called out on hacks or whatever, loll. It happened to me last week just because i would die with 6 of them on my back, just because i'm a K/S doesn't mean i can't kick arse in siege loll. Most of the times i do except when Cloak is there lolll, he gets me everytime hahahaha. Against TSF i had some of the most memorable sieges, lots of fun and i died a lot ;-) BUT IT WAS FUN!!!!

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98
Disturbed guild leader on mithras :thumbsup:
BTW i do live under a bridge, i am Green, i can dish it out as good as i get
There are no better server than Reni, best place to be!!!!!

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 5:53pm

Hacks

Ever since these hacks have started it has been a convient excuse to point a finger at people so as to not admit that you might actauly be a bad player or players.
Simple to say I call hacks because im losing and dont like to admit it might be a fair fight because then I would have to admit I suck. :dead: lol

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 6:35pm

Thanks for bringing up Defense net. I don't know any warlocks with a maxed defense net so I'll correct the main post and if anyone disagrees with it i can re-edit it back XD
From

Quoted

DivineTouche:
Hacks

Ever since these hacks have started it has been a convient excuse
to point a finger at people so as to not admit that you might actauly be
a bad player or players.

Simple to say I call hacks because im losing and dont like to admit it
might be a fair fight because then I would have to admit I suck. :dead: lol

this will not be added. This isn't a thread to troll other players, despite my snide remarks. Please only post relevent/constructive things that players may want to know about. Whether someone is a bad player or not is irrelevant to this thread -- it is whether they know how things work or not.
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BlankMinded" (Sep 7th 2013, 6:44pm)

Heddin

Trainee

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 6:51pm

Great post, thank you for putting it out there, I agree with most.

I have a question if anyone else experienced what I describe below and if yes, any advice how to counter that:

We had a fight against 1 guild, where many times several rogues from our side came close to other team castle (was not next to gate, some distance away) and were preparing to scroll. Every single time we had few ppl from other team coming exactly where rogues are and doing area damage close to rogues. It happened so many times that it seems like there is some kind of program that perhaps allow others to see opposite team members location. We initially assumed that they may find us if we target them, but they did it even after we were not targeting. This is not a rant or anything like that, after that incidence I made myself a promise to take siege easy and it does not bother me anymore. But, the question is, anyone experienced something similar and if so, is there anything we can do to remain unseen as it should be or just accept it as is and dont expect to be undetected?

Kind regards and feedback is welcome.
Proud member of Bteam

gigilomann

XxXGigilomannXxX

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 6:52pm

Honestly, there are a lot of ignorant players on this game. Not trying to demean other in anyway. (look up the definition of ignorant) they "claim" hacks for everything. However if you actually look up the hacks, there arent that many as people think. ( omg he healed back to full he must be hacking) sorry theres no hack for that. ( omg he hit me through the gate he must be hacking) theres no hack for that either. However set skill and model folder allow you to hit through a gate ( model fodler takes gates away). (omg hes totally immune and a friendly target he must be hacking) no there is no hack for this either. Its actually a common bug causeed by marriage before seige.

theres quite a few ignorant players that play the game to be honest.
For you to live or die is in my hands, In Gigi we trust.

-"Retired as one of the best, Will always be remembered for KT, RT->RT Dia, and GCH"- -Palenque- -XxXGigilomannXxX- -P/K/S-

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 7:08pm

Great post, thank you for putting it out there, I agree with most.

I have a question if anyone else experienced what I describe below and if yes, any advice how to counter that:

We had a fight against 1 guild, where many times several rogues from our side came close to other team castle (was not next to gate, some distance away) and were preparing to scroll. Every single time we had few ppl from other team coming exactly where rogues are and doing area damage close to rogues. It happened so many times that it seems like there is some kind of program that perhaps allow others to see opposite team members location. We initially assumed that they may find us if we target them, but they did it even after we were not targeting. This is not a rant or anything like that, after that incidence I made myself a promise to take siege easy and it does not bother me anymore. But, the question is, anyone experienced something similar and if so, is there anything we can do to remain unseen as it should be or just accept it as is and dont expect to be undetected?

Kind regards and feedback is welcome.
Really dumb question....did the rogues do anything to give away their position? kill enemies on bridges for example (there' on b bridge heading to front gate, aoe in that location!)

Someone had also recently mentioned a similar problem as this. I have heard of an auto target addon that will target ANY player who has you targetted, and iirc it ignores hide. However, as per the location of players, the only thing I know of is PKWarning, but this requires visibility iirc. I'll check PKWarning out again as you're the second person to post/ask something like this since the creation of this thread (specifically the co-ords of players).
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis

Heddin

Trainee

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 7:18pm

They did not reveal it ofcourse, that would be silly :)

Thats the thing, how many ppl you know would come outside, run 4-5 meters, and the do area dam exactly where our rogue(s) was/were gathering to prepare for scrolls. And it happened too many times to be random. I also heard that there is a program that lets you to auto target invincible ppl if they target you, hence I mentioned it above. But what folks from that guild used seems to be different and they can see us on a map regardless invincible or not, i.e. as you mentioned above they get coordinates somehow.
Proud member of Bteam

aardvark3

Professional

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 9:42pm

These are just a few of the reasons many people refuse to seige.

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 9:54pm

So PKWarning works as follows: When you target an enemy player unit, it posts the co-ordinates to a privately made channel allowing players in said channel (or others with the addon) to see the co-ords, Combinbing this with the addon that auto targets ppl who have you targetted would in theory allow them to locate hidden players. Thankfully, I haven't been able to find THAT particular auto target addon, which means while I can't test it, neither can other ppl.
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis

Cike

Rogue

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 10:18pm

i'd talk about all the multitude of ways to get out of stun/root/fear, as many people i face go "my (insert stun/root/fear) didn't effect you!!! HAXX!!!" when i took precautions to limit/dispell the effects of such debuffs...
my r/p can outdps r/m. your name is stupid.

mages should stack dex. word.

ruisen2000

not a wallet warrior

Mood: Blink

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 10:32pm

This depends on how narrow that location is. From what it sounds like, it seems to be the narrow passageway between an opponent's castle and the bridges. Mages often T-Storm in front and around where they are headed, so if the passageway is narrow - Its bound to hit somebody.

Also, do your rogues have "Hide other people's animations" option turned on? If that is the case, they will not see all the T-storms that missed them, they only see the ones that hitted, making it seem as if they were getting hit by every T-storm casted.

For Champions, their AoE's seem to be able to be turned on and off, rather then have to be casted every second, So as soon as your Rogues get in range, they get hit.

There's also many Rogues that forget to turn off Yakanka's Blessing, or anything that causes numbers to pop of their head. Thats an instant giveaway.

If they are using third party programs to see through hide, use invis pots. From what I've heard, even third party programs cannot see through invis pots.

------------------------------------------------------------

That Champion cannot possiblely have that many Sacred Phoenixes:

Champions have a skill that does the same thing as a Phoenix Redemption, and combined with Phoenix Redemption and Priest Soul Source, this allows them to pop back to full HP instantly 3 times in a row over and over again in siege, without having to resort to Sacred Phoenixes.

The Mage is hitting me with T-Storm from 220 range away:

Although the range stated on T-storm (If i remember correctly) is 180, that is not actually the MAX range of T-storm. The range of 180 simply means that the AoE can be casted up to 180 range away, and is the centre of the circle that the AoE is able to hit. However, the very edge of the circle extends to a bit over 200 range, and brings the max range of T-storm to roughly 220.
Noblewarrior
lv 98/98/89/60 M/W/P/K
Kikosi 98/50/60 Wl/Ch/M
the fail clothie tank~

Inactive

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ruisen2000" (Sep 7th 2013, 10:38pm)

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 10:56pm

Wait no. Im totally grumpy about scrolls and torandos. Not that im saying people hack, but i pereferd it when you could beat down a gate with players, and atleast the opponent had a chance to out heal the damage. Scrolls just wipe things out.

Also not cool with not having crystal extractors anymore becaue now there is no resonable way to silence a guild full of mages. I want my lightning towers back plz.
Darwec R/wd/m :DThe Rogue Guide
EOJs Mems and Shells
The continuous cries for "oh, make things harder on people who don't spend real money" is driving this game into the dirt. This game isn't funded by pay to play players. Its funded by the people who go out and farm all your stats and hard mode gear for you to buy.