You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 3:50am

OMG OMG 90 aptitude ! (question inside)

Greetings,

I am an egg hunter. I love the magic cavy and how you have to trap them for their mysterious eggs...

I got this AMAZING find today. You know how pets have aptitude, usually anything between 60 and 82. Those 82 aptitude pets sell for more than 20 million.

MMMMMmmmMMMMmmm, 20 million.

But get this : I just got this drop. The pet has 90 (yes, niner zero) aptitude. I think I have special one here.

My question is : Can I sell this pet egg and retire for the rest of my online gaming career ?

Thank you, and have a nice day !

Have Fun ! (tm)

Darkmotion
Aptitude Board Devil

YomanROM

Professional

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 3:53am

20 million for a crap pet thats just useful for combining? lol?

or are we talking about HOLY (orange) pets with low level (lvl1-5) AND a starting aptitude of 90 here?
Ionsai - DE / Yoman // retired Knight/Warrior/Priest
I like theorycrafting - no i don't know *everything* (yet - im working on it!) :thumbsup: | RoM-Welten Editor/Translator

RoM-Welten: DEEN

[long text]
Ravesden: tl;dr
Yoman: for you everything that's longer than "tl;dr" is tl;dr :p
Ravesden: tl;dr
Yoman: ^^

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 4:01am

If I saw somebody pay 20 mil for an 82 aptitude pet...I would go to their house and shank them. :p

edit: (with a herring)
Server: Palenque (the server whose name shall not be spoken, apparently)

70R/70S (Yes...I was *always* R/S! Ranged physical atks are so glitchy in RoM)

Ok sig is getting too long now...let's just say I have pretty much EVERY class/combo in the 67-70 range LOL

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 4:05am

Greetings,

Quoted from "YomanROM;499877"

20 million for a crap pet thats just useful for combining? lol?

or are we talking about HOLY (orange) pets with low level (lvl1-5) AND a starting aptitude of 90 here?

Well, the pet is level 6, is blue, and has 90 aptitude.

I fear you will tell me this is a worthless trinket...

Have Fun ! (tm)

Darkmotion
Trinket Board Devil

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 4:08am

Quoted from "darkmotion;499880"

Well, the pet is level 6, is blue, and has 90 aptitude.

Definitely worth a few million...certainly not 20. Since it's not holy, nobody will use it as a base pet, it can only be used to level another pet's aptitude, which means only getting 25% of the difference. Definitely a valuable find...I dunno about enough to retire though LOL :)

Ok sig is getting too long now...let's just say I have pretty much EVERY class/combo in the 67-70 range LOL

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 5:02am

Greetings,

Quoted from "barbrady123;499881"

Definitely worth a few million...certainly not 20. Since it's not holy, nobody will use it as a base pet, it can only be used to level another pet's aptitude, which means only getting 25% of the difference. Definitely a valuable find...I dunno about enough to retire though LOL :)

Thank you for your input. I was not expecting anything, so a 1 million idea suits me fine. I have ideas every day.

It's a rune pet tho, so still a good find I think.

Now that I recall, I sold so many good eggs for next to nothing !

*Facepalm*

The retire joke is basic satire for a valuable or unusual find. Kinda like yelling out : BINGO !

All the group says : What What ???

I'll put up the egg for 1 million. I will make the buyout price 20 million, to follow the trend of this social experiment.

Have Fun ! (tm)

Darkmotion
Millionaire Board Devil

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 5:26am

Greetings,

SS or IT never happened. I know the saying. So here is the screenshot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/d…BluerunePet.jpg

Quoted from "darkmotion;499889"

I'll put up the egg for 1 million. I will make the buyout price 20 million, to follow the trend of this social experiment.

Have Fun ! (tm)

Darkmotion
Millionaire Board Devil[/QUOTE]

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 6:21am

it's nothing new... the blue amazing pet eggs have unnaturally high aptitude. I've never heard of aptitude pets going for 20mil or more... that's just silly, and I'd laugh at anyone who got hosed so badly. But... maybe it is like that on your server. At most I'd say it's worth a mil... maybe 2... but really, all it is, is petfood for a holy pet...

MEGAKICK

Trainee

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 6:38am

wtb golden eggs = 99 aptitude
And then Keanu Reeves walks in, and he's all like 'Whoa', and we're all like 'Whoa, it's Keanu Reeves!'
Xdrchris - 52/44 R/K - Breakteam (retired)
Easternpray - 63/60 M/D - Alliance
Zanar - 67/62/67 R/K/S - <3 noto

"I didn't even know Kim Jong was Il!"

GarryL

Professional

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 9:38am

I was getting a reasonable drop rate of blue rune pets with aptitude ranging from 82 to 99 outside sardo. Maybe 1 or sometimes 2 in 20 was a high apt rune or a holy.

The key to getting them seems to be a character level lower than the mobs there. Now that I'm lvl 70 I don't get them any more. It was much the same at AV at a lower level.
"I can stand brute force but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect."
Oscar Wilde

xploid

Professional

Occupation: Confidential (All confidential Information Will be available soon to public)

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 11:36pm

well right now im bidding on a 98 apt rune egg 1m bid 10m buyout and its almost over so i think u got a little too excited there with 20m buyout price...

BTW what good is it to have your pet raised to higher level and then raise its apt? only because it will be difficult to get training points after that from low level feeding pets?

Sunday, January 8th 2012, 12:30am

Quoted from "xploid;500031"

BTW what good is it to have your pet raised to higher level and then raise its apt? only because it will be difficult to get training points after that from low level feeding pets?

You want to raise it's aptitude as high as possible (ideally 100) before raising it's level. The higher your pet's aptitude the higher it's stats will go up each level...so getting it to 100 as soon as possible means the maximum amount of stats gained each level. Of course the biggest factor for stat increase per level is the type of egg, so it's not worth leveling anything other than a Holy pet. :)

xploid

Professional

Occupation: Confidential (All confidential Information Will be available soon to public)

Sunday, January 8th 2012, 5:44am

FK MY PET IS LVL 17 i bought it that way 82 apt

U know how much stats ill miss if i get it to 100apt by lvl 20, rather than having at pet raised to 20 from like 100apt lvl 2 pet. cuz i want this pet to be my endgame, raising my gathering skills on it and such right now

Sunday, January 8th 2012, 8:57am

I'm not sure the exact numbers but there's a thread around here with some numbers people did. I do remember it was enough to make me start a brand new pet from scratch on my main and he was level 52 or so.

xploid

Professional

Sunday, January 8th 2012, 7:39pm

:eek:FK

xploid

Professional

Monday, January 9th 2012, 8:32pm

hey took me long time to find it, well i found the thread u were talking about barbrady, i think its that thread and i recalculated my pet using formula the person gave, it comes out that if i level my pet to lets say lvl 70 using my lvl 17 one after i get it to 100apt i end up with around 206 dex, and if i take a lvl 1 pet get it to 100 apt as soon as possible and then level it to 70 i will end up with bit around 216.2.

so like i lose around 10.2 value points, too bad i dk how multiplier works so cant tell how much i lose in assistance points (around 50?) ugh thats messed up...

points are for dark pet dexterity value

RoMage

rustyx is lame rogue

Mood: Unsure

Monday, January 9th 2012, 9:18pm

On reni blue 90+ apt eggs sell much higher... Every time i purchased one for 1M I called it a good deal. This did raise pet's leve (2 or 3 times), but did save me a lot of golden eggs and training points overall. Once you have pet at 100 apt, if you don't have golden eggs and don't like to get tons of miller food (350K per stack), best thing is to get any kind of pet at the same level as your pet. (very costly) With 3 merges per day you can get 3K XP on pet.

If you decide to go with food rising, then get macro from mrmister's macro post. It takes stack of food and feeds pet in 1-2 sec.

@darkmotion - what happened to your mount?

I usually count blue egg as gear pieces. For that price you will probably get one dirty stated piece of equipment.

Holy pet eggs sell much higher and are more rare then high aptitude pet eggs.

1Rausch1

Beginner

Monday, January 9th 2012, 10:31pm

Current value of stat+(Desired Level - Current Level)*(Aptitude%*(50%*Growth))

so a pet with 100 aptitude and a growth of 6 in strength field. Current level is 1 desired level is 50 and current strength is 14

14+(50-1)*(100%*(50%*6) = 161

if your pet has 100 apt at level 1 it will gain 147 strength. Assuming it has some value for each stat at start I chose 14 that will be added on to the growth for a total of 161.

so growth of a stat is decided by the growth indicator and then applied % wise according to how much aptitude the pet has.

100 apt is 100% of 50% growth or 3 per level
50 apt is 50% of 50% growth or 1.5 per level
I Tank For Guildies!
K 80 / S 73 / W 65
[img][/img]

1Rausch1

Beginner

Monday, January 9th 2012, 10:42pm

Maybe this will help someone out there. Feel free to check the math and ask for explinations I did put comments into the fields to try and help. Mostly I use this to calculate growth from leveling as well as how much exp I need or how many levels I can get with current monies / foods / eggs
1Rausch1 has attached the following file:
  • merging.zip (23.77 kB - 7 times downloaded - latest: Dec 12th 2013, 2:38am)
I Tank For Guildies!
K 80 / S 73 / W 65
[img][/img]

Tuesday, January 10th 2012, 3:07am

Greetings,

Quoted from "RoMage;500462"

@darkmotion - what happened to your mount?

I'm glad you asked. Kinda like asking a Troll : Hey big guy, any phish biting ?

Well, of course I got overly excited and asked for an INSANE amount. I did NOT even get a bid for 1 million. Needless to say no nutcase (or fan) bought the item at 20 million (sometimes a crazy fan will just buy the item because of the board publicity (and making me go nuts). This is designed to bork the mathematics). Some Trolls like to play. ;-)

The auction still has 5 more hours to go, but I will appeal to you, the community, to decide what would be a fair starting and buyout price for when this auction goes to round 2 !

Thanks to all the folks for the tips on pets, you guys are such a lovely helping community. I bet you guys have lots of Phish. :-)

Have Fun ! (tm)

Darkmotion
Community Board Devil

EDIT : Forgot to ask a question : Are you obligated to pay 19 diamonds for each pet merge ?