You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 11:39am

Question About Elite Skillls

Im a 28W/20M and i want toget the 20 lvl elite skill but i dont have the 15 lvl elite skill so cani get the 20 lvl elite skill by skiping the 15 lvl Elite skill?

KatalanOrk

Intermediate

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 11:50am

No you must get them in order - and to get your 50/50 Elites you must all your other elites on both sides of the combo - i.e. for you all your W/M and M/W Elites. Up to that point you can ignore your flip side's elites if you want to.

Getting your Elites in CoO from Johnny Walk is easy, so there is no need to miss any out.
Everything above is posted on a strictly AFAIK basis
MACANTACHT -- (W/K) Katalana (W/S)
Bard of Taborea

Kalvan

Super Gamemaster

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 10:28pm

Quoted from "ultradragon1081;507631"

Im a 28W/20M and i want toget the 20 lvl elite skill but i dont have the 15 lvl elite skill so cani get the 20 lvl elite skill by skiping the 15 lvl Elite skill?

What KatalanOrk said is true. You must have the level 15 elite skills for both classes before you can get the level 20 and above elites.

The same would apply to your elites once you decide on a third class (at level 20). However, you have to go back and start with the "missing" level 15 elites for the class combinations that include your newly-acquired third class. This can be terribly confusing, so beware.
[ New Sig Coming. Watch This Space! ]

Inferiority

Professional

Sunday, February 5th 2012, 1:10am

Quoted from "Kalvan;507733"

What KatalanOrk said is true. You must have the level 15 elite skills for both classes before you can get the level 20 and above elites.

Actually, that is not strictly correct.

You must have level 20/20 to collect the elite 20 skills but you must also have the elite 15 skill that precedes it. However, you do not need to have the elite 15 skill on the other class.

In order to gain the level 50 elite skill, you will need the skills on both classes up to level 45.
Inferiority Complex - Original wearer of the Snow Combat Drum!
Mage/Priest on Erebos // Warrior/Rogue (and millions of alts) on Aurora & Agenor
http://romhiddenquests.ml/ // RoM Client & Patches Manual Download
Everyone's name is better than mine! :(

Malignatus

Master of All I Survey

Mood: Squint

Monday, February 6th 2012, 9:00am

Quoted from "Inferiority;507756"

Actually, that is not strictly correct.

You must have level 20/20 to collect the elite 20 skills but you must also have the elite 15 skill that precedes it. However, you do not need to have the elite 15 skill on the other class.

In order to gain the level 50 elite skill, you will need the skills on both classes up to level 45.

The OP is, or was, 28/20, and wanted to know if he could get his lvl 20 elite skills without having the lvl 15 elite skills.

The answer to that question is "no". KatalanOrk and Kalvan are both correct, and the same needs to be done at each 5-level step in progression if one wants to get the appropriate elite skills: 15--20--25--30--35--40--45--50. You can't skip around and only take certain levels of elite skills.
Dobrion (92/86/62/67 R/M/Wl/Ch) Illuminae (Osha)
Serutan (61/60/60 M/P/K) Illuminae (Osha)

Some People would complain about being hanged with a new rope...

KatalanOrk

Intermediate

Monday, February 6th 2012, 10:48am

Gentlemen, gentlemen, let us not quibble over wording.

Quoted from "and Hobbes"

You must have the level 15 elite skills for both classes before you can get the level 20 and above elites.

Here is where Kalvan mispoke himself, but of course he knows how the elite skills works. To suggest otherwise would be foolish.

However there is no need argue. Just kiss, make up and agree that I was right all along. Everything goes much smoother that way.

Repeat after me, Kat is always right.

Really guys, being pedantic doesn't win you any friends. Having delusions of grandeur, that wins you friends :D
Bard of Taborea

Dyegov

Trainee

Monday, February 6th 2012, 2:55pm

That is not entirely true Kalvan. You don't need to have elites on both classes to be able to get higher elites; that only happens for the lvl 70 elite. I can be lvl 45 priest / 45 scout, and have all my elites up to lvl 45 on my priest without having any elite on my scout. However, I can't have my lvl 45 elites if my secondary is not lvl 45 as well.
~ Somewhere in the middle of nowhere ~

KatalanOrk

Intermediate

Monday, February 6th 2012, 3:07pm

I think we have covered it all.

Though admittedly, if anyone else wants to come in and state the same thing we could get this thread even more confusing. Might even be fun if we could have more people start to talk about level 70 Elites, that'll really muddy the waters.

Now remember, Kat is always right. Repeat that ten times a day and everything will just be fine :)
Bard of Taborea

RoMage

rustyx is lame rogue

Mood: Unsure

Monday, February 6th 2012, 3:22pm

If you decide to do old bag quests, you will get scroll for each old bag quest, and once you decide to turn them into elite skill certificate (by right clicking), make sure that you're eligible for elite on that class, and that you turned in any elite certificate that you have in bags or you might just loose that scroll.

For example if you get 3 scrolls, and you are 32w/20M, clicking 2 times without turning in first certificate, you will loose one scroll. (you will get only one L15 certificate, other one will not show)

Same if you get first certificate, then you learn it, again turn second one, learn it, and try to get 3rd one, you will just loose that one as you are not ready with secondary class level.

Hope this makes any sense...

KatalanOrk

Intermediate

Monday, February 6th 2012, 3:39pm

Good show that man, RoMage. We'll have this simple question and answer session completely unintelligible in no time.
Bard of Taborea

Kalvan

Super Gamemaster

Monday, February 6th 2012, 7:24pm

Quoted from "KatalanOrk;507982"

Gentlemen, gentlemen, let us not quibble over wording.

Here is where Kalvan mispoke himself, but of course he knows how the elite skills works. To suggest otherwise would be foolish.

I may have, but it wasn't intentional. I did correctly say that in order to get your level 20 elite skills, you must have the level 15 elite skills for both of your classes. This is absolutely true, and I should have left it at that, since that also obtains for succeeding levels of elite skills. Instead, I confused the issue by mentioning those succeeding elites.

Quoted

Repeat after me, Kat is always right.

O RLY? :D

Quoted from "Dyegov;508002"

That is not entirely true Kalvan. You don't need to have elites on both classes to be able to get higher elites; that only happens for the lvl 70 elite. I can be lvl 45 priest / 45 scout, and have all my elites up to lvl 45 on my priest without having any elite on my scout. However, I can't have my lvl 45 elites if my secondary is not lvl 45 as well.

Repeat after me: "There are no level 70 elite skills."

And you're perfectly welcome to have all your elite skills up to level 45, minus the one for Scout. But you'll not be able to get your level 50 elites until you get your level 45 Scout elite.
[ New Sig Coming. Watch This Space! ]

RoMage

rustyx is lame rogue

Mood: Unsure

Monday, February 6th 2012, 7:40pm

Quoted from "Kalvan;508044"

I may have, but it wasn't intentional. I did correctly say that in order to get your level 20 elite skills, you must have the level 15 elite skills for both of your classes. This is absolutely true, and I should have left it at that, since that also obtains for succeeding levels of elite skills. Instead, I confused the issue by mentioning those succeeding elites.

You don't have to have level 15 elite on both of your classes. You can have it, but it is not required. Only preceding elite is required, and as long as you have other requirement (both classes leveled to elite level) you should not have any problem getting it.

This does not apply to L50 elite.

:)

I bet OP is now more confused then before he posted question... :D

Monday, February 6th 2012, 8:38pm

Kalvan has an out. He said:

"You must have the level 15 elite skills for both classes before you can get the level 20 and above elites."
"... in order to get your level 20 elite skills, you must have the level 15 elite skills for both of your classes"

This is technically accurate, because it says "elites" and "skills". That means more than one. If you are L20/L20, and you have L15 A/B skill, but not L15 B/A, you can get L20 A/B skill. But to get L20 skills (as in two), you do need L15 A/B and L15 B/A.

Still, it is confusing and misleading OP, I agree... Personally I blame Kalvan's stuffed tiger Hubbs. I bet he is behind this obfuscation.
-- Rustyx --- 92R / 92S / 92M on Reni (Guild KnightShift). Yes, running the new FOTM R/M, cause I am not elf enough to be WD/S.

Oh, and people who have more than 3 classes are clinically insane.

tmblake09

Professional

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 12:47am

Quoted from "Kalvan;508044"

Sorry, but no, you are not correct. You DO NOT need BOTH sides of your 15/15 elite skills to get one of your level 20 elite skills. As long as you have your level 15 elite skill on one side, you CAN get the level 20 elite on that same side, regardless of if you do or do not have the level 15 elite on your other side.

Friday, February 10th 2012, 10:46am

SKILLCEPTION! Skill...within a skill...within a skill...

Damn I've been playing this game for over a year now and this thread confused me LOL...
Server: Palenque (the server whose name shall not be spoken, apparently)

70R/70S (Yes...I was *always* R/S! Ranged physical atks are so glitchy in RoM)

Ok sig is getting too long now...let's just say I have pretty much EVERY class/combo in the 67-70 range LOL

MegaMouseSEC

Professional

Friday, February 10th 2012, 2:02pm

Ok I am so confused my head is spinning. Yall ahve done me in.
All who are on my ignore list are trolls and as such should crawl back under their bridges and leave the rest of us alone.