You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Blazery

Trainee

• "Blazery" started this thread

Sunday, January 27th 2013, 1:48pm

Degenerated Elves problem

I'm at the step "Alisber's Worry". I went to Nax and battled with him. He didn't give me anything and the quest is still unfinished. Now I don't have the item from Alisber anymore.
I'll drop the quest and talk to Alisber again, but am I missing something else to finish this step?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

camagic

Professional

Sunday, January 27th 2013, 3:48pm

Head north out of rhanka village through the stone arch. Once it opens into the field, you should seem a message appear. Wait and the elf comes out and blabs for a bit. Once he is finished, head towards Nax. As you near the area where the elves are, the elf appears again and walks towards Nax. Make sure to squash the flying monkey mob as you approach or that can bug the elf. Let the elf do his thing and then beat Nax once he(she/it?) goes hostile.
95wd/95s/65d
server artemis
Please do not "class balanace" the tactics I use.

Blazery

Trainee

• "Blazery" started this thread

Sunday, January 27th 2013, 4:18pm

Thanks for the help!

Tried to get elf to spawn. Could not get him anywhere. Tried talking to Alisber again, nothing. Abandoned and re accepted quest, eveything good to there. Walked out of rhanka village to north and criss crossed all over field, no elf. No message appears either. Am I doing something wrong?

camagic

Professional

Sunday, January 27th 2013, 6:25pm

No, it sounds like you are doing exactly what is supposed to work. Last ditch effort is to try a different channel, preferably channel 1. The elf should appear when you get around 44, 47. The message should flash on the screen that you "hear footsteps approaching" or something similar.
95wd/95s/65d
server artemis
Please do not "class balanace" the tactics I use.

Sunday, January 27th 2013, 8:27pm

That happened to me just last night.. I think I ran out of his range, and he went back green (instead of Yellow/Red) and I couldn't attack him anymore. I just dropped the quest and went and got it again, then went back and fought Nox again. Worked the 2nd time around.

Good luck tho.

(There's only 1 channel in SJF).

Auros

Professional

Mood: Mellow

Monday, January 28th 2013, 4:35pm

Yes, you have to be careful to walk slowly out of the village, or you will "pass" the spot before it finishes activating.
Govinda P/W/K/M 100x4 :pump:
Wl/R/M/Ch 100x4 :borg:
Wd/W/S 100/100/100
W/M 100/100 Glass Cannon: oh gawd, not again :pinch: ... and numerous others Semi-retired :pillepalle:

Friday, May 24th 2013, 9:59pm

same problem

Friday, May 24th 2013, 10:18pm

Thanks had the same problem the guy near grifith blackstar just walk from the degenerate elf casualy toward the tree killing everything in your path and you should get it.

Kroagnon

The Dungeon Keeper

Saturday, May 25th 2013, 9:56am

Quoted from "camagic;586429"

Head north out of rhanka village through the stone arch. Once it opens into the field, you should seem a message appear. Wait and the elf comes out and blabs for a bit. Once he is finished, head towards Nax. As you near the area where the elves are, the elf appears again and walks towards Nax. Make sure to squash the flying monkey mob as you approach or that can bug the elf. Let the elf do his thing and then beat Nax once he(she/it?) goes hostile.

That's a different quest in the Toni quest line but the one referred to here is from the "Degenerated Elves" questline.
Unfortunately, I cannot recall how this quest works other than you get a quest item when you accept the quest and give it to Nax who will then attack you.
When you defeat him, the quest completes.
I don't know what could be going wrong here.

Saturday, May 25th 2013, 1:44pm

^ Pretty sure after 4 months, the OP has either found his answer or quit the game. O.o

Formerly Catorii, D/S/M of Faction.

Cike

Rogue

Sunday, May 26th 2013, 7:39am

Quoted from "effervescent;602128"

^ Pretty sure after 4 months, the OP has either found his answer or quit the game. O.o

I waited about that long for raid plan...(yes, I'm aware it was officially broke for a lot less than that, but I had other problems with it as well...)