You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 6:34pm

Update Game Engine

Okay, I know this thread isn't original, and i also know that I have been posting several suggestions so it may seem like i don't enjoy RoM. That couldn't be further from the truth, it's just that I see soo much potential for this game, and I view it (respectively of course) as the underdog of MMO's right now. Anyways I strongly believe that an update of the game engine is necessary, first for all those people (including me) who keep getting crashes and reporting glitches and lag in instances, and also I believe reworking the engine to incorporate flying mounts (real flying) would also be very cool as well. The graphics I think are solid, so I wouldn't want to fix something that's not broken, but a lot of people believe that the engine itself is broken due to a lot of crashes.

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 6:36pm

Quoted from "HyperAssassin;457711"

Okay, I know this thread isn't original, and i also know that I have been posting several suggestions so it may seem like i don't enjoy RoM. That couldn't be further from the truth, it's just that I see soo much potential for this game, and I view it (respectively of course) as the underdog of MMO's right now. Anyways I strongly believe that an update of the game engine is necessary, first for all those people (including me) who keep getting crashes and reporting glitches and lag in instances, and also I believe reworking the engine to incorporate flying mounts (real flying) would also be very cool as well. The graphics I think are solid, so I wouldn't want to fix something that's not broken, but a lot of people believe that the engine itself is broken due to a lot of crashes.

I agree with everything but the flying mounts. THIS IS NOT WOW AND NEVER WILL BE. There is absolutely no reason for them. NONE.

It's Rogue(R...O...G...U...E). Rouge is a cosmetic!

Spann - R/S/W 67/65/18 (OSHA) - Retired
Span - M/P/S 60/53/1 (OSHA) - Retired

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 7:01pm

This is what is known as content-free suggestion, along the lines of "make it faster", "improve stability", "repair the game economy", "lower hardware requirement" and alike. The only content I see is the flying mounts suggestion which was covered many times before along with explanation why it is not worth doing. Meh...
-- Rustyx --- 92R / 92S / 92M on Reni (Guild KnightShift). Yes, running the new FOTM R/M, cause I am not elf enough to be WD/S.

Oh, and people who have more than 3 classes are clinically insane.

Galav

Beginner

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 7:03pm

Aye we don't need flying mounts the game is fine the way it is in regards to graphics and terrain I would say. Also as swag said in his podcast building RoM to support flying mounts is simply not priority at all. I would highly protest that they would spend any time whatsoever working on flying mounts until reasonable economic and class balance is achieved
This sentence is false

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 7:28pm

Quoted from "Galav;457717"

Aye we don't need flying mounts the game is fine the way it is in regards to graphics and terrain I would say. Also as swag said in his podcast building RoM to support flying mounts is simply not priority at all. I would highly protest that they would spend any time whatsoever working on flying mounts until reasonable economic and class balance is achieved

Bugs and Crashes should come before anything.

It's Rogue(R...O...G...U...E). Rouge is a cosmetic!

Spann - R/S/W 67/65/18 (OSHA) - Retired
Span - M/P/S 60/53/1 (OSHA) - Retired

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 7:38pm

Okay guys, but the point of my Suggestion wasn't flying or flying mounts, but rather The reworking and updating of the game engine, which (hopefully) would stop alot of crashes and bugs in the game, as well as lag. Now i personally do not suffer from lag (my pc is a beast lol) but I have crashed alot before. Also a more improved engine would allow better content to be released later and make the game much smoother and easier to get into (for those who complain about crashes and instability etc)

Galav

Beginner

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 8:24pm

I crash about 1 in every 2.5 teleports but overall crash about 4 times an hour,
@Span I think the need for fixing crashing is kinda a given
This sentence is false

Thursday, November 3rd 2011, 1:04am

Quoted from "HyperAssassin;457711"

Everyone says that ROM would be the WOW killer if it had REAL FLYING MOUNTS. Yes it will take time and money but if it doesn't, the game developers won't have the fan base it needs to continue. They will be looking for new jobs.

TheMann64

Intermediate

Thursday, November 3rd 2011, 5:16pm

I wonder how much of the crashing is machine specific. I play on a laptop, nothing special (Dell stock, Inspiron 1100-something), probably 2 years old. I can go hours without crashing, even in siege. The only way I consistantly see crashes is when I switch characters too many times. I wonder if there's something in your computer's software that RoM just doesn't agree with.
Govinda
Guild: Theblacknights
Babesmann - Dwarfmann

Galav

Beginner

Thursday, November 3rd 2011, 11:14pm

It's actually nothing to do with the hardware the majority of the time.
To my knowledge it's actually the graphics settings, if you turn them down extensively less video is transfered to the ram and there's less to let go of. The main issue with rom is that the video files overload the video card and then you crash.
This sentence is false