You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

TheMann64

Intermediate

• "TheMann64" started this thread

Friday, October 14th 2011, 9:58pm

Radical Idea for the game

So I just finished responding to somebody's post about tier-statting their weapon, and I realized how insanely expensive such a thing really is. Gave me an idea for a radical change to how mana stones are used & acquired.

Step 1: Increase the number of mana stones required to increase tier to 5.
- In other words, it would take 5 t4s instead of 3 t4s to make a t6
Step 2: Cut pure fusion stone by 30 - 50%.
Step 3: Implement a system where any instance cleared by a party meeting certain specifications drops a mana stone from the final boss. The stone would randomly generate 0 - 2 level I green stats.
- "certain specifications" could be just about anything, but I was considering something that would prevent high level toons from blowing through low level instances to farm the mana stones. A level gap between the highest level person in party and the boss's level when the boss dies of 10 or less is the first thing that came to mind.
- Another limiting factor could be the mana stone's tier. Chapter 1 instances = t1 mana stone. Chapter 2 = t2. Etc.

This would open up gearing/statting to F2P people without removing the convenience factor of the Cash Shop. It will also ease the pain on P2P players as they can supplement their mana stone purchases with mana stones gained from instances.

The idea behind steps 1 & 2 is to make it so grinding out the mana stones doesn't become too desireable, thereby maintaining the Cash Shop as a desireable convenience factor.
Govinda
Guild: Theblacknights
Babesmann - Dwarfmann

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 7:23am

Do you know that there is actually 1 stat fusion stones that is obtainable from boulderwind village's black codex near housemaid for 30 mentos?

I could be wrong on that, but check it out first.
=.=

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 3:38pm

you actually choose 3 stats. :) I wouldn't bother w/ the black codex in boulderwind, you get better from the black codex in dalanis for cheaper/same price.

TheMann64

Intermediate

Sunday, October 16th 2011, 3:42pm

Quoted from "Sadz202;474795"

Do you know that there is actually 1 stat fusion stones that is obtainable from boulderwind village's black codex near housemaid for 30 mentos?

I could be wrong on that, but check it out first.

The only way I know of to get 1-stat fusion stones is to buy the 1-stat fusion stones from vendors. You know, the ones that have 1 stat (Stam I is most common) and two other random stats? There is a chance, tho extremely rare, that those other two random stats are a Stam I. However, by the time you've bought the amount necessary to get the Stam I, it would probably be cheaper to find a diamond seller and buy a pure fusion stone.

Any thoughts on mana stones dropping from instance final bosses?
Govinda
Babesmann - Dwarfmann

svrStewey

Beginner

Sunday, October 23rd 2011, 8:29pm

Quoted from "TheMann64;474632"

So I just finished responding to somebody's post about tier-statting their weapon, and I realized how insanely expensive such a thing really is. Gave me an idea for a radical change to how mana stones are used & acquired.

Step 1: Increase the number of mana stones required to increase tier to 5.
- In other words, it would take 5 t4s instead of 3 t4s to make a t6
Step 2: Cut pure fusion stone by 30 - 50%.
Step 3: Implement a system where any instance cleared by a party meeting certain specifications drops a mana stone from the final boss. The stone would randomly generate 0 - 2 level I green stats.
- "certain specifications" could be just about anything, but I was considering something that would prevent high level toons from blowing through low level instances to farm the mana stones. A level gap between the highest level person in party and the boss's level when the boss dies of 10 or less is the first thing that came to mind.
- Another limiting factor could be the mana stone's tier. Chapter 1 instances = t1 mana stone. Chapter 2 = t2. Etc.

This would open up gearing/statting to F2P people without removing the convenience factor of the Cash Shop. It will also ease the pain on P2P players as they can supplement their mana stone purchases with mana stones gained from instances.

The idea behind steps 1 & 2 is to make it so grinding out the mana stones doesn't become too desireable, thereby maintaining the Cash Shop as a desireable convenience factor.

I am confused to as to what you are getting at. You start out by saying how insanely expensive it is to tier but then step 1 is to make it more expensive. Step 2, again, additionally more expensive. I think you are making an attempt at shutting us p2p down on getting ahead of f2p. All while thinking this is going to help the f2p. It in actuality is making it more difficult since f2p have to still use transmutors that cost phir tokens. The more it takes to create something = the more it cost to make that something. You have actually came up with an idea that is going to make it even harder for f2p to tier up and haven't really hurt us p2p.
[img][/img]

TheMann64

Intermediate

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 12:46am

Quoted from "svrStewey;477072"

I am confused to as to what you are getting at. You start out by saying how insanely expensive it is to tier but then step 1 is to make it more expensive. Step 2, again, additionally more expensive. I think you are making an attempt at shutting us p2p down on getting ahead of f2p. All while thinking this is going to help the f2p. It in actuality is making it more difficult since f2p have to still use transmutors that cost phir tokens. The more it takes to create something = the more it cost to make that something. You have actually came up with an idea that is going to make it even harder for f2p to tier up and haven't really hurt us p2p.

Not trying to hurt anybody here, actually. Increasing the stones required per transmute while simultaneously dropping the pfs price is there to make steps 3 & 4 less lucritive than they would be under the current setup.

Going from 3 stones to 5 stones per tiering-transmute while dropping pfs cost by 50% would actually make the process CHEAPER.

A successful cash-shop game is one that uses the cash shop to make an otherwise f2p process change from tedious to fast. Currently, the cash shop takes chronologically unfeasible acts (i.e. clean statted t6 gear) and makes them possible. My suggestion would take the statting/tiering process for a f2p person (outside of heavy AH usage) from nearly impossible to possible, although tedious.
Govinda
Babesmann - Dwarfmann