You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, May 27th 2012, 8:00pm

Platinum Repair Hammers

Plat repair hammer: Cost 100 dias. Effect: Permanantly raises the durability of an item by 5. Limit: 3 uses per item.

I think an introduction of something like this would make the consumers more happy as well as bring in some more revenue to froggy. Since these can only be used 3 times per item, golden hammers wouldn't be completely phased out.

There could be a little message in the gear window saying "Number of times hammered - ?" Something like this could go where the "item set skill extracted" message is.

It would only be good for items with a durability of 86+ seeing as you can only raise the durability by a total of 15. And for 100 dias each, I think they would sell. I'd pay 300 dias to up the durability by 15. And the sale price for this item would be 3 bundled together for 250 dias.

Thoughts?

LadyMacV

Professional

Sunday, May 27th 2012, 8:06pm

What would be the point of running an instance to get overdura drops? Effectively, any item 100 or higher would be all that was needed to create high od gear.

An item with a permanent dura increase of five? You're probably looking at a price of 500-900 dias each, given the current pricing model. Sure, they'd make revenue in the short run- but they'd lose out on the golden and grand golden hammers over the long run.
In a world of black, white, and grey... I'd be bright friggin' purple. M/P on Reni.

L3g3nd

Professional

Sunday, May 27th 2012, 8:21pm

Not a bad suggestion. I'm tired of paying so much for OD gear in end-game instances. I'd love to get an UD one and simply make it OD.

+1
<Acet<Reni<92/87/55<R/S/Ward<
<"It's called Mad Rush + Fast feet + Spellweaver, not speed hacks."<

Sunday, May 27th 2012, 8:36pm

I think giving it +400% dura for 1 item would be cool instead. Anything that adds permanent stats aren't going to be sold Imo
61/55/50 D/W/R

bleedingblak

I'm here to troll you

Mood: Crying

Sunday, May 27th 2012, 10:09pm

Quoted from "AngelIsrafel;533006"

I think giving it +400% dura for 1 item would be cool instead. Anything that adds permanent stats aren't going to be sold Imo

This I agree with.

I wouldn't make a CS item able to raise durability, but instead an NPC that offers only one durability plus per item, just once and raises it by one. Make 101 items viable finally.

~Fly into the distance, disappear for awhile~

Sunday, May 27th 2012, 11:41pm

That would make it so you could have any 87 dura and above item be basically an OD item. What's the point of even having durability on items if this was implemented.
Borella - 100 W/M/S/R/P/K
VVV
If you play P/K in instances you're garbage

L3g3nd

Professional

Monday, May 28th 2012, 12:13am

Quoted from "Borella;533023"

That would make it so you could have any 87 dura and above item be basically an OD item. What's the point of even having durability on items if this was implemented.

still got 71-87 dura

Monday, May 28th 2012, 12:27am

Quoted from "L3g3nd;533032"

still got 71-87 dura

Which will end up just being vendored. Nobody will ever want underdura gear.
Borella - 100 W/M/S/R/P/K
VVV
If you play P/K in instances you're garbage

aardvark3

Professional

Monday, May 28th 2012, 1:38am

I guess they can stop selling golden repair hammers etc. never be needed again So for the price of a couple of platinum repair hammers they can eliminate their most profitable items great business model.

Monday, May 28th 2012, 4:21pm

Would never happen. Especially with the dream prices you listed. 300 diamonds to permanently make an item OD, or endless repair hammers to keep said item OD...it's not hard to see which gives the bigger profit.

Formerly Catorii, D/S/M of Faction.

L3g3nd

Professional

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 3:31am

Quoted from "Borella;533038"

Which will end up just being vendored. Nobody will ever want underdura gear.

To be honest, no one wants UD gear nowadays either so I don't see what difference it'd make. To run end-game instances like ToSH is already hard enough and then to have to run it multiple times just to get the darn OD piece makes it even harder. With "platinum hammers" it will 1) bring more revenue to RoM and 2) make it easier to acquire OD gear so players can spend less time hammering up their gear with golden repair hammers.

As for a player like me who can't even do anything past GCH, I'd love to buy UD ToSH gear and make them OD <3
w00t w00t

L3g3nd

Professional

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 3:34am

Quoted from "aardvark3;533045"

I guess they can stop selling golden repair hammers etc. never be needed again So for the price of a couple of platinum repair hammers they can eliminate their most profitable items great business model.

Not necessarily true, considering the fact that most end game players don't bother using any UD equipment (personally I only have two, my mainland and my wings), the use of golden repair hammers is absolutely useless. I just use master's simple repair hammer to bring back my dura if I die and occasionally pop a golden repair to bring back dura of mainland and rarely ever for my wings.

Now if UD gear could be made to be OD, I wouldn't mind obtaining a full set of UD gear (18 pieces for me) and plus them all to be permanent OD. 18x300 diamonds.... Hmmm..5,400 diamonds is $100 for RoM. In the last 4 years I've played if I converted diamonds spent on golden repair hammers to real life money, I've spent <$20 on golden repair hammers.