You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, April 26th 2015, 10:16am

Increase the maximum buff/debuff limit

Went to siege with regular buffs plus tp/xp/droprate buff from towers. I know i shouldn't have it on but when you log on and can't click it off theres really isn't anything you can do. In siege when full buffed and in group fight i had probly over 40 buffs + 10ish debuffs and I slowly watch as my tp/xp/droprate gets pushed off, housemaid buff, haidon buff, unbridle, giant guardian pot, and even Herald got pushed off. Either up the limit to 60 or remove some of these buffs from stacking.

gigilomann

XxXGigilomannXxX

Mood: Love

Sunday, April 26th 2015, 10:25am

I can understand this fora mage or from a pvp standpoint. But as for pve i see this as more of apromotion jsut to use more buff alts. more buffs guys that means faster burn!

I think the idea has potential but could get abused. no thanks.
For you to live or die is in my hands, In Gigi we trust.

-"Retired as one of the best, Will always be remembered for KT, RT->RT Dia, and GCH"- -Palenque- -XxXGigilomannXxX- -P/K/S-

Sunday, April 26th 2015, 10:35am

Instances, which is the biggest chunk of PvE time, still have a limit on how many people you can bring -.-
Magío • Mithras

gigilomann

XxXGigilomannXxX

Sunday, April 26th 2015, 10:36am

1 person with 11 alts. Allready seen a wd/w solo HoE with buff alts...
what more do you need.

-"Retired as one of the best, Will always be remembered for KT, RT->RT Dia, and GCH"- -Palenque- -XxXGigilomannXxX- -P/K/S-

Cike

Rogue

Sunday, April 26th 2015, 10:59am

get AsBw.
my r/p can outdps r/m. your name is stupid.

mages should stack dex. word.

Sunday, April 26th 2015, 11:13am

You make it sound easy to just bring alts and burn an isntance, the player still has to be a good dps to be able to do it. Even with alts our guild goes through struggle town just to clear instances (coe). Also Tien is talking from more of a pvp perspective where you cant ASBW debuffs and if the enemy has enough players, you get too many debuffs and it pushes of things like herald.
Aristatic - r/s/w rerolled secondary and thirdary over 20 times
Went rogue cause its easy

Cike

Rogue

Sunday, April 26th 2015, 11:17am

then add herald to the "can't push off" list, as well as take debuffs off the buff cap(different caps for buffs and debuffs? O.o).

pve wise, a buff cap increase is, imho, not the greatest idea. it's already enough burn or die. more buffs just means you can burn or die faster.
my r/p can outdps r/m. your name is stupid.

mages should stack dex. word.

FarmerTom

Professional

Sunday, April 26th 2015, 11:58am

i posted about same thing last year to raise the cap as well.

As a warden lol, i cant even utilize the guild castle buffs that most guilds spend a fortune on raising... if i grab castle pa buff, then i have to pay attention, and remove any extra priest buffs, druid buffs off my bar for a boss fight or else ill lose both housemaids, zodiacs.. and castle buffs i just got... specifically high debuff bosses...

Really have to pick and choose what buffs i really want, and which ones i want to lose...

And if im not paying attention for one fight which happens a lot XD... and i lose both my housemaids... and my zodiacs i jut popped... well i really just want to instarage quit those times lol.

Hell there are even times i am paying attention, and like tien says, either a bunch of players put a bunch of debuffs on you, or in a instance between boss debuffs.,. personal buffs, and other player buffs, debuffs, still can happen even if im paying attention to my buffs.

100% agree with raising the limit, been wanting this for a long time!!
Misguidedknight 72S/72K/70R Retired
Cerburus 100Wd/100S/100W/100R/100D/70M
Misguided 100CH/100R/100M/68WL/88P/52W
Sober 100K/60P/60W <-best toon name for anyone that knows me :)

Once proud co-leader of Exiled Demon Horde.
Been on multiple servors
Started playing around lvl 55 Cap...

Easycompany

Sunday, April 26th 2015, 3:52pm

agreed, raise the limit and allow all buffs to be removeable

it's really annoying how some aren't removeable and end up costing you the ones you want to keep.

quit crying about pve. game is already burnable and there is a limit to 12 people in a raid. it won't change anything.
Saito fix my wings

~ Aqualink removed part of signature deemed inappropriate

FarmerTom

Professional

Sunday, April 26th 2015, 5:38pm

anyone that loses housemaid buffs and zodiacs in one boss fight will qq ur lying if you say you wont. Especially if you cant get housemaids again because they stingy and finally give u pa buff on last try between 2 housemaids. ANYONE.
Misguidedknight 72S/72K/70R Retired
Cerburus 100Wd/100S/100W/100R/100D/70M
Misguided 100CH/100R/100M/68WL/88P/52W
Sober 100K/60P/60W <-best toon name for anyone that knows me :)

Once proud co-leader of Exiled Demon Horde.
Been on multiple servors
Started playing around lvl 55 Cap...

Easycompany

Sunday, April 26th 2015, 6:53pm

Yes give us the chance of getting 100 buffs!!! so i can be able to solo grotto hard mode, anyways this is not an MMOrpg anyways, i vote yes on this all buffs available from all classes and make sure they all stack with each other tyvm.

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98
Disturbed guild leader on mithras :thumbsup:
BTW i do live under a bridge, i am Green, i can dish it out as good as i get
There are no better server than Reni, best place to be!!!!!

Drakkarsdad

Professional

Sunday, April 26th 2015, 7:00pm

Yes give us the chance of getting 100 buffs!!! so i can be able to solo grotto hard mode, anyways this is not an MMOrpg anyways, i vote yes on this all buffs available from all classes and make sure they all stack with each other tyvm.
My mother told me, "If you don't have anything nice to say, .."..So,

Sunday, April 26th 2015, 7:01pm

Heck, I've managed to push off buffs just having housemad, castle, zodiacs and ruby pets out while doing dailies .

It is far too easy to push buffs off and the fact that debuffs count against your buffs is a bit silly.
A real sysadmin knows how to change the time.
If you make the same mistake while trying to make up for the previous one, you are doing something wrong.

As much as I'd love to say I offer consulting services, the scope of things broken is too large.

Mamn00n

Come at me Bro

Mood: Crying

Sunday, April 26th 2015, 7:33pm

please... no...

"and so mankind will always feel an emptiness..."

you get enough of a damage/defense increase with 40...
Username: Mamnoony
Regardless of what you deem possible, you will Reap what you Sow.
:monster:

Sunday, April 26th 2015, 8:18pm

it's really annoying how some aren't removeable and end up costing you the ones you want to keep.

quit crying about pve. game is already burnable and there is a limit to 12 people in a raid. it won't change anything.

quit crying, etc etc is at the whiners crying about instance burning. obv. im for raising the limit, guess i shoulda been more clear

12 raid limit means you can't take 100 buffs etc etc into an instance, which people would know if they were actually in a hardmode instance in the past year.
Saito fix my wings

~ Aqualink removed part of signature deemed inappropriate

gigilomann

XxXGigilomannXxX

Sunday, April 26th 2015, 8:47pm

quit crying, etc etc is at the whiners crying about instance burning. obv. im for raising the limit, guess i shoulda been more clear

12 raid limit means you can't take 100 buffs etc etc into an instance, which people would know if they were actually in a hardmode instance in the past year.
I've been in a hardmode isntance the past year :'c heck within the past week.

My reason being is that the 40 limit make it so you actually have to choose what buffs are important or not important which ones you actually need. I think maybe increasing it to a 50 limit to see how that goes but going all gunghoe on the buffs will just make people go buff crazy.

But I do agree, losing your buffs is probably the most inferiating thing especially if you're a tank. Some classes need to buff limit increase, b/c of debuffs and such, but not all the classes do.

Zerienga

King of the Noobs

Sunday, April 26th 2015, 10:23pm

I think a lot of issues would be fixed if they made debuffs not count toward the limit. And enabled you to remove every buff.
Reni
Mithras
Zerienga - 90/90 P/K
Téster - 95/61/60/45/45 CH/WL/R/P/M
Dontkillimascout - 90/61 WL/P

If you want to contact me quickly and efficiently, try the US IRC channel.
No, I don't know everything. I just use my knowledge to form educated guesses
And I listen when others say I am wrong in order to learn.

Sunday, April 26th 2015, 10:45pm

1 person with 11 alts. Allready seen a wd/w solo HoE with buff alts...
what more do you need.

if you're talking about the video i think you are, it was only 1-3 and it was done on private server, not the official ones from gf. So bear in mind they have access to 30% patt food and sigils in itemshop, as well as the level 90 brown weapons and more.
99/99/99/99/99/99 W/WD/S/D/R/M

Rougetopriest

Professional

Mood: Squint

Sunday, April 26th 2015, 11:43pm

I think a lot of issues would be fixed if they made debuffs not count toward the limit. And enabled you to remove every buff.
Exactly that ^

Even better, when you reach buff cap, just make it so you can't get new buffs, rather pushing old ones off, that way a persons DPS isn't ruined for the entire rest of the raid because of one over buffing incident like Cerb discussed. Classes have a lot of buffs now a days, instead of punishing players for using them, simply limit the amount they can have, but not by pushing, by saying "Ok, you're at 40, enough's enough."

This IDEA would only work if all buffs were removable though.
Siege War Videos :)

Semi-Retired

~Zen

gigilomann

XxXGigilomannXxX

Monday, April 27th 2015, 5:09am

Some debuffs you actually need though, via strategy bosses, So I guess beware of what debuffs you remove.