You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "zidlef" started this thread

Mood: Love

Thursday, June 11th 2015, 12:53am

P-token shop adjustments

Would be nice to have someone fix the prices on items like purified stones from 390 to 190, Daily reset ticket from 780 to 390. I say this because P-token shop items are supposed to be 10 times the amount of diamonds in IS.

Also would be nice to be able to get Big angel sigh, phoenix redemption in there too.

Do we have an item shop manager, did they hire a new one or not? tyvm

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98
Disturbed guild leader on mithras :thumbsup:
BTW i do live under a bridge, i am Green, i can dish it out as good as i get
There are no better server than Reni, best place to be!!!!!

Zerienga

King of the Noobs

Thursday, June 11th 2015, 1:42am

Actually, on average, 20 ptokens are the equivalent of 1 dia. While it would be nice if they reduced those prices, I can't say if they will ever do it because -- ptokens more viable == f2p easier == they don't make as much money -- and we all know how GF is about making money... I would like to see all the items in the diamond shop available in the ptoken shop, however. With the items not all being in both the diamond shop and ptoken shop, it makes the f2p with a p2w option lean heavily to the p2w, creating a large disparity between the players that buy dias and the players that are f2p.
Reni
Mithras
Zerienga - 90/90 P/K
Téster - 95/61/60/45/45 CH/WL/R/P/M
Dontkillimascout - 90/61 WL/P

If you want to contact me quickly and efficiently, try the US IRC channel.
No, I don't know everything. I just use my knowledge to form educated guesses
And I listen when others say I am wrong in order to learn.

aardvark3

Professional

Thursday, June 11th 2015, 2:11am

A long time ago you also got rubies with your ptoken purchases that should be returned

Zerienga

King of the Noobs

Thursday, June 11th 2015, 2:14am

I never knew that. They should return that feature, as well. It would truly make the game a f2p game with a p2w option.
Reni
Mithras
Zerienga - 90/90 P/K

Thursday, June 11th 2015, 3:56am

would be nice to see the 30% hp + mp pots back in the token shop along with several other items that were taken out of the ptoken and dia cash shop when they "updated" the CS

Thursday, June 11th 2015, 10:02am

P-token shop items are supposed to be 10 times the amount of diamonds in IS.
Who made that number up? lol
would be nice to see the 30% hp + mp pots back in the token shop along with several other items that were taken out of the ptoken and dia cash shop when they "updated" the CS
xp/tp furniture was useful also.

Zerienga

King of the Noobs

Thursday, June 11th 2015, 2:15pm

To expand on my idea of putting all items in the diamonds shop into the ptoken shop:

• Don't put the higher speed mounts in - put in the permanent 55% and 60% mounts instead.
  • Leave the costumes only in the diamond shop.
  • Use the stack of 10 +16 jewels to find ptoken price of 1 +16 jewel.
  • Leave the xp and tp charms in diamond shop.
  • Leave the high class planting items in diamond shop.
  • Leave the crafting furniture in diamond shop.
  • Put the Special Sales in both the diamond and ptoken shop.

@Radeon: The xp/tp furniture issue would be fixed with putting the diamond bonus back in the ptoken shop.

Majority of the items currently in both the diamond and ptoken shop are at a ration of 1:20 - diamond:ptoken.
Reni
Mithras
Zerienga - 90/90 P/K

aardvark3

Professional

Thursday, June 11th 2015, 3:05pm

Put the Special Sales in both the diamond and ptoken shop.

WIth everything else you said there would be nothing in the ptoken shop to put on sale.

There should be a few costumes in the Ptoken shop that cannot be found in the diamond shop.

The ruby bonus should be returned to the Ptoken shop as well.

Zerienga

King of the Noobs

Thursday, June 11th 2015, 3:22pm

By the special sales, I mean the weekend sales, happy hours, etc. Currently with the special sales, they usually have those items in the item shop at a reduced price for the sale with no ruby bonus. That's what i meant by the special sales.
Reni
Mithras
Zerienga - 90/90 P/K

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Zerienga" (Jun 11th 2015, 3:31pm)

Mamn00n

Come at me Bro

Mood: Crying

Thursday, June 11th 2015, 4:26pm

Put the Special Sales in both the diamond and ptoken shop.

WIth everything else you said there would be nothing in the ptoken shop to put on sale.

There should be a few costumes in the Ptoken shop that cannot be found in the diamond shop.

The ruby bonus should be returned to the Ptoken shop as well.

this. I remember when angel wings were the rarest to get, because they cost a month of you doing your dailies and not using tokens.

A revamp or rework to the ptoken system would be nice. Not necessarily by making things cheaper, but by introducing either more productive or more value onto the tokens outside of mini games
Username: Mamnoony
Regardless of what you deem possible, you will Reap what you Sow.
:monster:

Thursday, June 11th 2015, 5:35pm

As much as I would like ROM to be totally f2p I think it's asking too much to expect everything in the item shop to be available for tokens. I mean they do have to make money somehow to keep this thing going. :P

Zerienga

King of the Noobs

Thursday, June 11th 2015, 6:18pm

Oh hell, with those prices they have in the diamond shop? It would take forever with doing minis to get a single +16 jewel. 499/10 == 49.9 rounded to 50 * 20 == 1000 for one weapon jewel. 399/10 == 39.9 rounded to 40 * 20 == 800 for an armor or accessory jewel. It would be 720 ptokens for a rune that costs 36 dias; 360 ptokens for a rune that costs 18 dias.

People would still buy dias from other players and from them to speed it up. All them putting the diamond shop items in would do is make the game able to be played completely f2p. It would take a while, but it would be possible.
Reni
Mithras
Zerienga - 90/90 P/K

Thursday, June 11th 2015, 6:55pm

P-token shop was a gateway drug :) you got stuff that didn't drop in the game & wanted more, so you bought diamonds.

Really simple philosophy that worked @ the beginning of the game. GF needs to understand that and stop trying to put real value on virtual items.

& if I remember, it's generally been 20 tokens per diamond... & I'm perfectly fine w/ that :)

tldr; I agree w/ putting more diamond stuff into token shoppe.

• "zidlef" started this thread

Mood: Love

Friday, June 12th 2015, 1:37am

Well after surfing the web and seeing the comments from players and from Gameforge other games, don't worry, we are not the only one they don't listen.

And basically the same complaints about item shops all over their other games, i think they just don't get the point.

I know this game is a Freemium game but heck listen to your customers before none are left.

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98
Disturbed guild leader on mithras :thumbsup:
BTW i do live under a bridge, i am Green, i can dish it out as good as i get
There are no better server than Reni, best place to be!!!!!

Friday, June 12th 2015, 4:39pm

I guess they look at it like this:

"we are going to bleed our customers for as long as we can. Once it no longer becomes profitable, we will shut it down and make sure we have a new money sink in place and start developing the next one"

It unfortunately works on a business level for a while. It only stops working once gaming communities share the information that the company running the games is just that way. Then Less people even start playing their games. Only then will they finally change their direction.

This business model guarentees no long term games however. I consider long term as 8+ years. I am surprised this game has lasted as long as it has. Then again I am surprised to see 14 year old MMOs still up and running.