You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, November 27th 2015, 10:52pm

Inappropriate character names?

Instead of mass banning every single toon out there (cuz of teh naughty names)
why not simply force people to rename their characters upon login?

In that way you GMs don't get bombarded with spam tickets etc etc.
same rules apply , less work .. make the mistake the second time .. (perma ban?)

idk do whatever , i know some of you guys got really butthurt by one of the alternate character names :lol:
Mithras:
Druid/Warden | Mage/Priest | Warrior/Mage

Erebos:
Warrior/Champion | Rogue/Mage | Priest/Warlock | Knight/Mage

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Indigo-Luiz" (Nov 27th 2015, 11:01pm)

Friday, November 27th 2015, 11:50pm

If you can't follow even this most simplest of rules, then you deserve to get banned.

Friday, November 27th 2015, 11:57pm

i wont go out of my way to find these names but if i see them i will ban them.
Anyone that has a character that they think may have one of these names can contact support and we will get it sorted out without banning the account.
more info is located here Inappropriate character names

aardvark3

Professional

Friday, November 27th 2015, 11:59pm

There are always people who feel they are too big and important to be bound by any rules no matter how clear and simple. They always push the envelope to see how far they can go. Then get mad when someone says no to them. They care nothing for anyone else only what they can do to show off. The game is far better off without them.

Saturday, November 28th 2015, 1:36am

there was a character on indigo banned after 5 years? , the name has been around for ages
until recent it got banned for an extended amount of time , besides the name .. nothing has/had been done to resolve the issue

my suggestion still stands , whenever YOU isobleep or whoever finds Inappropriate character names
just enforce the rename without the hassle? :thumbsup:
Mithras:
Druid/Warden | Mage/Priest | Warrior/Mage

Erebos:
Warrior/Champion | Rogue/Mage | Priest/Warlock | Knight/Mage

Sarkas

Event Manager

Mood: W00t

Saturday, November 28th 2015, 4:21am

there was a character on indigo banned after 5 years? , the name has been around for ages

Which is a proof for "we're not specifically looking for those names".

If we were on a hunt, like it probably sounds to you, your suggestion would make more sense, but we aren't looking for every single bad name in this game, unless it comes hopped along and makes a few backflips.

That being said, we'll close this.

I can haz party hat - Runes of Magic US Event Manager & Super Game Master
Support | RoM Terms of Service | RoM Forum Rules

Quoted

[13:53] <@Kiranos> afdösfdjksfads
[13:53] <@Kiranos> that was my head hitting the keyboard