You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Monday, July 17th 2017, 4:22pm

Guild Sub-Forums

I think GF should create a Guilds sub-forum that Guild Leaders could apply for membership in.

In this sub-forum, there could be:

1. Guild Leaders - only GLs can read/post in there. Used by the GL's to discuss things amongst themselves and GM's, CoMA's, etc...

2. Mithras Guilds - Mithras GLs can apply to create a guild forum for their guild. The GL can then invite forum members into that specific guild forum.

3. Erebos Guilds - Erebos GLs can apply to create a guild forum for their guild. The GL can then invite forum members into that specific guild forum.

The GLs would be the maintainers of their specific guild forums & would have to abide by the GF ToS to keep their forums.

Unless an account has been invited & accepted an invite to a guild forum, they will not be able to see the forum(s) in their listings.

I see this as a way to make the forums the central hub of information for the game. Right now, I'm pretty sure every guild has their own guild's web pages strewn throughout the internet & it can be hard to keep that up. Having 1 place to update information allows the GM's & CoMA's to update info on the forum & ppl that are used to visiting their guild forums here would see those announcements too.

Monday, July 17th 2017, 5:23pm

Used by the GL's to discuss things amongst themselves and GM's, CoMA's, etc...
Discuss what? GM's and CoMa's aren't told anything or if they are they're most likely issued a gag order... lol

Right now, I'm pretty sure every guild has their own guild's web pages strewn throughout the internet
Wtf... is this really a thig?
Magío • Mithras

Aqualink

Team Manager

Mood: Mellow

Monday, July 17th 2017, 10:12pm

In sh
I think GF should create a Guilds sub-forum that Guild Leaders could apply for membership in.

In this sub-forum, there could be:

1. Guild Leaders - only GLs can read/post in there. Used by the GL's to discuss things amongst themselves and GM's, CoMA's, etc...

2. Mithras Guilds - Mithras GLs can apply to create a guild forum for their guild. The GL can then invite forum members into that specific guild forum.

3. Erebos Guilds - Erebos GLs can apply to create a guild forum for their guild. The GL can then invite forum members into that specific guild forum.

The GLs would be the maintainers of their specific guild forums & would have to abide by the GF ToS to keep their forums.

Unless an account has been invited & accepted an invite to a guild forum, they will not be able to see the forum(s) in their listings.

I see this as a way to make the forums the central hub of information for the game. Right now, I'm pretty sure every guild has their own guild's web pages strewn throughout the internet & it can be hard to keep that up. Having 1 place to update information allows the GM's & CoMA's to update info on the forum & ppl that are used to visiting their guild forums here would see those announcements too.

In short: No. This has been asked and suggested many times both on RoM and other GF games and denied. In short it would not be used, the forum software isn't setup for it and space is limited. I've personally been in at least 10 guilds in my RoM playtime and all of them had forum and websites. All of them had no website or forum visitors.

Support this way ; RoM Terms of Service ; RoM Forum Rules
Runes of Magic US Team Manager
Thanks to burd for prettiful avatar <3