You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

• "Bootyfullelf" started this thread

Mood: W00t

Friday, March 30th 2018, 1:16am

Suggestions for growth of the rommunity

Howdy all,

I wanted to start a thread that puts forward suggestions to ensure the continuation of our rommunity.

A big one for me is clear communication from Gameforge and our Community/Game Managers. It seems that we have a lot of people being banned, whom are told what part of the TOS they are breaching, but no specific in game details are mentioned to the banned. Some people have multiple characters logged in at one time, and all of their accounts are getting banned. I would like to see people getting banned, are also provided with specific information about what they did wrong so they know WHAT not to do again. It's constructive criticism, and will help with rules being adhered to so that people aren't getting rebanned for the same thing unknowingly.

Please feel free to add to this thread, as we need to tell the managers what is wrong so they fix it, before everyone quits.

Bootyfullelf

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bootyfullelf" (Mar 30th 2018, 2:16am)

Capybara

Gamemaster

Mood: Smile

Friday, March 30th 2018, 1:53am

Im going to say this preemptively: There is a fine line between constructive criticism and flaming. If you want any of this to be forwarded, we need to keep all posts within forum rules. Keep it clean and to the point, people. Thank you.

Nuethil

Beginner

Friday, March 30th 2018, 2:46am

While I can see the problem with having a centralized list of "bad" things you shouldn't do. I feel like there should be some sort of announcement if something is changing. I remember getting warnings about certain things in the past (won't list any in case it violates rules) when they were going to start being enforced as wrong. Living in fear/panic about anything you do that is currently seen as acceptable behavior, suddenly being changed to being bannable is not something I wish to play a game with.

Summary: I don't think it's fair to change rules on players and then punish them. There needs to be some sort of warning.
Mithras

Nueday
Serenity Guild - co-lead

Friday, March 30th 2018, 6:15am

I think it is a reasonable request to have access to a reason why you were banned.
More over, I think there needs to be a better system in place to know the line of what is and isn't bannable. There is so much grey area in this game.
I think a good potion of the people getting banned for something that is not widely known for being bannable would not be doing it if they knew it was bannable.
GM's could make their own jobs easier; instead of banning people for doing these things, come out and say that they are bannable. Most of them would stop, and GM's wouldn't need to ban them and consequently deal with the ban appeals.
Playing again in 2018
Mattyb
Mage/Knight
Artemis server
Former The Black Tower Leader and Tarrasque Rank
Serenity Guild Member
<3

Friday, March 30th 2018, 6:59am

I am not sure how much I can say here but a more open book approach is needed with clarity and not a reference to a point in the rules.
For the most part the GM's are working with-in their guide lines, they are bound by the rule makers above them, and sadly the customers/players have to be on the receiving end of these seemly harsh rules 'At Times'.

Let's look at it like this:
You are driving your car, suddenly you have blue flashing lights behind you, you pull over and the officer talks to you about why you are in trouble, he does not just write you a ticket without educating you on what the problem was.
or
When your child does something wrong, do you whack em over and over and say you are naughty and hope the kids catches on, or do you explain to them what they did in hopes of teaching them what they were doing was wrong and how to 'avoid' it in the future before sending them to the naughty corner.

The 'punish first' approach to me is not going to do this game any good in the long term.

The longer you play this game the more you learn and it changes your play style, occasionally you trip over and make a mistake and it now seems to haunt you forever, as an example over the years you learn how install addons, then make addons and macros to make your playing experience better for yourself, next you find somewhere there is a grey line you crossed over and you're doomed after that, and even more so when you don't know what it was, where or when it happened and you get repeatedly punished for it.

Great respect for the GMs but sad the system makes them a Judge, Jury and Executioner without having a trial.

So yes we do need total clarity and education when someone gets punished for something.

Friday, March 30th 2018, 10:03am

rofl just rofl............. seems like someone is butthurt because either they were caught doing something bammable like botting or they were maybe letting someone else log in their account and they did something bannable.
i have played this game for a few years now and generally this the case.
i have known lots of people that received bans and said "but i didnt do anything" and yet these same players were always pushing the rules. in fact i remember 1 toon that botted in tergothan bay for like 2 months when frogster was first taken over by gameforge. this guy finally got banned logged in an alt and complained they were banned for no reason. only problem was most of us that played regularly had seen the bot in action for ourselves.
i also believe that you cant trust in players too much in a mmorpg for the simple reason that there is a massive number of them that are not completely honest with their gameplay tactics.

another example.... players pulling a boss through a wall to avoid adds from spawning.
saw this lots of times too and i would leave party because i knew full well it was an exploit. i didnt need any gms to clarify it for me. this was clear to me as i knew some attacks ignored los exploit #1 in this tactic followed by bringing the boss out of room so adds dont spawn exploit#2 so technically there is 2 exploits for this one

i have been banned before for reasons that those that know me know. and as i did break the rules i didnt make a huge deal of it. was a little difficult to understand at first because the rules are laid out like legalese BUT it was in there so if you received a ban for something i suggest thinking real hard about the reasons in the tos they highlighted. chances are it is there.
dont get me wrong here im not saying i know how it works but i am willing to bet there is proof somewhere of whatever caused them to ban the account.
Zymologist wl/ch/m/p
Matronmalice p/s/m
Ceviche wl/ch

Friday, March 30th 2018, 10:50am

dont get me wrong here im not saying i know how it works but i am willing to bet there is proof somewhere of whatever caused them to ban the account.
Yes, the "Proof Somewhere of Whatever" part is what is lacking in the tickets. Was it 'this' or was it 'that' or this action is borderline a gray area.

Sarkas

Event Manager

Mood: W00t

Friday, March 30th 2018, 11:17am

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Exact same thing with tickets. Cases are handled individualy and we do not discuss those anywhere else. Not on IRC not on the forums.

We are never going to suspend accounts without a reason. It is our duty to care for rules being abided by. If this is not happening we have several ways of handling it, following internal guidelines who are fair for everyone.

If you think you've been banned for no real reason there's a complaint button and your ticket will be leveled up to the next higher one. If the answer of the next higher position doesn't suit you, there's the chance to complain it out of their sight again, however the main message that I want to bring across is that we are not allowed to suspend accounts without a reason and a proof but when it happens we are also not obliged to let you know how we found out what someone has done in order to avoid people finding ways to go around this.

If you think now what I say is unfair, there's a team list sorted by the levels and you can complain about me at my superior, which is in this case a certain burd.

Thread closed.

I can haz party hat - Runes of Magic US Event Manager & Super Game Master
Support | RoM Terms of Service | RoM Forum Rules

Quoted

[13:53] <@Kiranos> afdösfdjksfads
[13:53] <@Kiranos> that was my head hitting the keyboard