You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, July 6th 2012, 8:16am

Failing to Complete HOTO Attunement

Yes, I did do cursory searches of both US and DE forums for this answer and I seem stumped.

I know for HOTO it requires 2 quests lines to get attuned.

Quest line 1:
Auntie in Danger!
The Bard Said...
Save the Villagers
Report Clues
Take what you deserve
Investigation
Thorny Individuals
Unusual Researchers
Applause for them
Just Like That
Doomsday?
Searching for a Ray of Hope
Fully Entrusted

Quest line 2:
Song of the Forest
Happiness of the Ents
Chaotic Water Elemental Power
Going to the Tiktaalik Village
Ent Concerns
Anxious Tiktaalik
Treasure of the Tiktaalik
An Audience with the King of the Water
Showing Reverence
Protection of the King of the Water
King of the Water's Blessing
Hidden in the Forest

I've completed both quest lines and now I read that I need to complete "Obtain Blessing" from Polython.

I've checked with each person that was involved throughout both quest lines and none have a quest similar to this "Obtain blessing" and Polython has no quest for me to complete.

What am I missing to finish the HOTO attunement?

Friday, July 6th 2012, 9:03am

It's been a really long time, but rather than quest-line 1, I have "Friendly Response" listed in my notes. Maybe that'll get you closer.
Add-on author (retired, but continuing maintenance)

Inferiority

Professional

Friday, July 6th 2012, 9:53am

When the quest line 'seems' to disappear, it's best to go find Mavate Daviny in Boulderwind Village or Jiatu in the cave in the south of Weeping Coast as one of them should have a new quest for you.

The quest at the start of the Heart of the Ocean instance quests is "Contact Sequitee" but one of the preceding quests may actually be the one that opens up the instance. I usually just wait til I pick up this one then go into HotO and hand it in.
Inferiority Complex - Original wearer of the Snow Combat Drum!
Mage/Priest on Erebos // Warrior/Rogue (and millions of alts) on Aurora & Agenor
http://romhiddenquests.ml/ // RoM Client & Patches Manual Download
Everyone's name is better than mine! :(

ArkanaROM

Intermediate

Friday, July 6th 2012, 2:01pm

Quoted from "Jumpingballs;543708"

I've completed both quest lines and now I read that I need to complete "Obtain Blessing" from Polython.

I've checked with each person that was involved throughout both quest lines and none have a quest similar to this "Obtain blessing" and Polython has no quest for me to complete.

What am I missing to finish the HOTO attunement?

Mavate and Jiatu are the key NPCs:

• 1. Collaboration with the Tiktaalik (start Mavate / end Jiatu)
  • 2. Friendly Response (start Jiatu / end Mavate)

(At this point you need to head back over to Jiatu for the next step)

• 3. Request Assistance (start Jiatu / end Polython)
  • 4. Obtain Blessing (start/end Polython)

At this point you should see some system text along the lines of "Received the mark of the Water King". Grats, you are now attuned for HotO (hopefully) :).

Friday, July 6th 2012, 8:45pm

Thanks for the responses. I don't have quests available at either right now, so I'm just going to do every quest before boulderwind village and I should be attuned by that point....hopefully.

I'll bookmark this and come back if I have issues.

Victory!
I ended up doing every quest south of boulderwind. So many of the quests are interconnected that I just figured I'd do them all.