You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Thursday, March 16th 2017, 8:17am

patch 7.0.2.2800 Mouse problem

Hello!
I updated runes last night to the latest version. After it updated. I am able to get into the game just fine. But as soon as i try to use the left mouse button to change camera view, The game freezes up. The mouse works fine on my computer and every where else i go with it except in Runes of magic. I have to use cnt alt del to exit the game. I have tried uninstalling the game completely and reinstalling it and going thru all the updates. And it is still causing the same issue. Have never had this problem before with Runes until this last update. I am running windows 10 and am using a USB mouse. But like i said. i have no other issues with the mouse except inside ROM. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ty..

Swtsanny

Thursday, March 16th 2017, 5:43pm

Hello!
I updated runes last night to the latest version. After it updated. I am able to get into the game just fine. But as soon as i try to use the left mouse button to change camera view, The game freezes up. The mouse works fine on my computer and every where else i go with it except in Runes of magic. I have to use cnt alt del to exit the game. I have tried uninstalling the game completely and reinstalling it and going thru all the updates. And it is still causing the same issue. Have never had this problem before with Runes until this last update. I am running windows 10 and am using a USB mouse. But like i said. i have no other issues with the mouse except inside ROM. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ty..

Swtsanny
Does it happen with right button? Does it happen when using Q and E to turn around? What happens if you try to run around using arrow keys or WASD?

Thursday, March 16th 2017, 10:47pm

i had a similar issue a while back when switching from one monitor to the bigger one.
it worked fine on the smaller screen but when i dragged the window to my bigger screen i had this happen. i went in and changed the resolution settings on the launcher. took a few tries but i did manage to get it to work. i am currently at 1920X1080.
Zymologist wl/ch/m/p
Matronmalice p/s/m
Ceviche wl/ch

Friday, March 17th 2017, 2:08am

ok, It seems to work fine with the Q and E buttons and it seizes up when using both the left and right mouse buttons. and i run just fine using the arrow keys and the wsad buttons. just happens when i try to use the mouse for some reason. thanks for the help Also tried changing the resolution a few times and its still doing it. very strange

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Swtsanny" (Mar 17th 2017, 2:21am)

Friday, March 17th 2017, 2:38am

Try lowering game graphics to the minimum and test again.
If you have a fancy mouse, I'd try a simple one or update its drivers.
If you have more than one monitor, try to disable all but one.

Friday, March 17th 2017, 4:44am

ok tried the lowest setting. still does it, i have a simple mouse i am using and just have the one monitor. ty!! o and drivers are up to date.

Friday, March 17th 2017, 5:22am

Can you rotate your character on the character select screen using the mouse?

Friday, March 17th 2017, 4:45pm

ok got it fixed i uninstalled the gameforge client and reistalled it. it works now. its still a little choppy but at least it works. weoird how a simple game client could cause this reaction in the game. ty for all your help!!!