You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Mrpushpop

Master of the Storyteller

• "Mrpushpop" started this thread

Mood: Mellow

Friday, June 1st 2012, 2:33pm

And they thought Indigo was dead

Indigo server was blowing up last night. We had 30+ people on in our guild for siege and we are a low ranked guild. Just wanted to give Indigo a shout out since the forums are always putting us down :) Had a blast though...

Eledhwen

<span style="color:green!important;"><b>Mentor</b></span>

• "Eledhwen" has been banned

Friday, June 1st 2012, 2:44pm

That is indeed some great news! Keep building your Guild. It sounds like it is a good one!

L3g3nd

Professional

Friday, June 1st 2012, 4:16pm

I honestly think some server merging could be beneficial for running instances / siege war / questing for many of the servers. I have played on Palenque, Grimdal, Reni, and Artemis but not Osha or Indigo or whatever other PvE server I am missing.

Osha and Indigo can use a server merge as well as Palenque and Grimdal.
The only servers I can safely say are fine on their own are Artemis and Reni. The others are too dry...
<Acet<Reni<92/87/55<R/S/Ward<
<"It's called Mad Rush + Fast feet + Spellweaver, not speed hacks."<

Mrpushpop

Master of the Storyteller

• "Mrpushpop" started this thread

Mood: Mellow

Friday, June 1st 2012, 5:05pm

Quoted from "L3g3nd;533821"

I honestly think some server merging could be beneficial for running instances / siege war / questing for many of the servers. I have played on Palenque, Grimdal, Reni, and Artemis but not Osha or Indigo or whatever other PvE server I am missing.

The only servers I can safely say are fine on their own are Artemis and Reni. The others are too dry...

Server merges are great for the short term. In the long run you have the same problem need to be merged again. What a couple of us decided to do to boost Indigo population was camp out newbie areas and offer plvling even if they did not want to join guild. We did around 30 last weekend. Most of them have still been logging in. Our solution for now is to keep trying to get new players to stay. PVP servers have a bad rap for scaring off new players so helping them start out is a great way to counter this. I also have been warning them to avoid Varnas bridge unless they want to PK.

Kefkai

Professional

Friday, June 1st 2012, 9:40pm

Quoted from "L3g3nd;533821"

You forgot about Govinda, I think they can do pretty well on their own though.
Guild Leader: Bloodlegion Server: Artemis
Characters: Kefkai R/S/Wd 75/75/72 Beepy D/Wd/W 77/77/72
Siege Videos and what not

L3g3nd

Professional

Saturday, June 2nd 2012, 12:28am

Quoted from "Mrpushpop;533826"

Server merges are great for the short term. In the long run you have the same problem need to be merged again. What a couple of us decided to do to boost Indigo population was camp out newbie areas and offer plvling even if they did not want to join guild. We did around 30 last weekend. Most of them have still been logging in. Our solution for now is to keep trying to get new players to stay. PVP servers have a bad rap for scaring off new players so helping them start out is a great way to counter this. I also have been warning them to avoid Varnas bridge unless they want to PK.

I don't see how server merges are only good for the short term (maybe true for PvP servers because new players still won't stay for long) but for PvE servers, once the population is high, end-game instances will began to be run and more guilds will be created. The population will then stabilize and maybe occasionally there will be someone who quits and someone who joins the game.
<Acet<Reni<92/87/55<R/S/Ward<
<"It's called Mad Rush + Fast feet + Spellweaver, not speed hacks."<