You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

xtina66

Trainee

• "xtina66" started this thread

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 2:40pm

No Weekend Sales?

I know they said they were changing the way they were handling sales in the item shop, However if the new prices don't start until the patch on Tuesday then maybe the sales shouldnt either. Just my opinion

ipeacefrog

Intermediate

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 6:10pm

Then people will buy sale stuff over the weekend, then rant on Tuesday that the prices are now lower than the "sale" price.

Elldarian, Leadership Council Dovahkiin on Palenque Lvl 12 Guild

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

Mood: Love

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 9:02pm

It is their new sales people, they have no clue of what is going on. I didn't read the announcement before purchasing 10K of diamonds, thinking that we were gonna get weekend sales. But NOOO!!! they will have diamond specials only 6 time a year, saying there trying to fix the economy?? loll. This is not Walmart, no diamond sales every month, no special offers, no more ruby special sales since when??? 1 year. So this will amount of more people leaving and diamonds going for 100K per again.

Trying to get the most out of us before shutting down, i say. Would be nice to know exactly who makes the diamond sales, specials etc, one is saying Frogster, runewaker, gameforge or whatever. Too many departments, just like trying to reach the goverment agencies, please hold while we hang up and don't care. Please come again.

Come on guys tought you could do better than this. Probably will relay this to the appropriate department lolll.

So sitting my arse on 10K of diamonds and hope for a good sale that will not come.

Really thx for not even trying to help your customer as usual.

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98
Disturbed guild leader on mithras :thumbsup:
BTW i do live under a bridge, i am Green, i can dish it out as good as i get
There are no better server than Reni, best place to be!!!!!

dexhunterz

Intermediate

• "dexhunterz" has been banned

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 9:41pm

The biggest mistake they made was to give sooooooo many sales. Now it has become expected. Since when is a business REQUIRED to give you sales? Methinks there are too many spoiled rich kids that have always gotten their way or cried about it, that play this game. Don't like the way the sales are working? GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE. Why why why is common sense not so common anymore......
Grimdal R/S/K 70/70/70

ipeacefrog

Intermediate

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 10:01pm

Yeah, they've been weaning us off how FA did things.

Elldarian, Leadership Council Dovahkiin on Palenque Lvl 12 Guild

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

Kefkai

Professional

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 10:06pm

Quoted from "ipeacefrog;535687"

Yeah, they've been weaning us off how FA did things.

Except this is how FA did things in Ch1/2?

Remember, EU servers had all of our sales since December too, the way sales were done in EU weren't changed because they acquired the NA servers to run.

I think they just got new sale staff to be honest, the current ones were probably not pulling in that much money with how Diamond sales etc were going so they were probably fired.
Guild Leader: Bloodlegion Server: Artemis
Characters: Kefkai R/S/Wd 75/75/72 Beepy D/Wd/W 77/77/72
Siege Videos and what not

regentego

Professional

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 10:09pm

Quoted from "dexhunterz;535681"

The biggest mistake they made was to give sooooooo many sales. Now it has become expected. Since when is a business REQUIRED to give you sales? Methinks there are too many spoiled rich kids that have always gotten their way or cried about it, that play this game. Don't like the way the sales are working? GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE. Why why why is common sense not so common anymore......

There is a reason I shop on newegg and not at best buy, you're right no business has to have a sale, but if they want mt money and many others they will. And if people do go elsewhere your fanboy paradise will have a server shutdown. But for your server that's not to far off.
Ebilone 72r/71s/61p Bloodlegion, Artemis
Destroyed Illuminati 8/15/12.

dexhunterz

Intermediate

• "dexhunterz" has been banned

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 10:17pm

Quoted from "regentego;535690"

There is a reason I shop on newegg and not at best buy, you're right no business has to have a sale, but if they want mt money and many others they will. And if people do go elsewhere your fanboy paradise will have a server shutdown. But for your server that's not to far off.
Your post has alot of assumptions in it. 1. You assume they care about the american servers money. It has become pretty obvious they want to spend as little amount of time on us as they can, while still making a little money. 2. You assume im a fanboy. I will never play another frogster game ever if this game goes down. I am a fanboy of common sense.
Grimdal R/S/K 70/70/70

Kefkai

Professional

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 10:18pm

Quoted from "regentego;535690"

Because Best Buy is ridiculously expensive? I can get my cables for everything at mono-price at 1/4th the cost that I can at Best Buy, thing about Best Buy is they have to scale up the costs of items to make salaries for their employees which is a stupid model now that the internet is around.

It's nice if you need something fast but besides that I try to avoid Best Buy personally as much as I can.

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 10:28pm

Best Buy is ridiculously expensive, yes...

For about 4 years of my life I would supplement my income with reselling electronics. Just a few hours a day, with little effort, I could pull 1000 a month, more during the holiday season. It was not wholesale or anything, it was retail stores, during sales. And those stores were using the type of pricing policy I see advocated here for Frogster to take. And of course, they were popular on the electronic bargains sites (anandtech, fatwallet, slickdeals, etc).

Sadly, I can't do that anymore. All of them went out of business. A few that survived changed their business model so that there is no longer discounts deep enough for me to make profit at good margins. I miss those days. It was easy money, taking advantage of those that practically gave us stuff. Alas, the golden egg laying goose retail store is no more. Now we got Best Buy.

There is a moral here somewhere, I think... just not sure what it is. :p
-- Rustyx --- 92R / 92S / 92M on Reni (Guild KnightShift). Yes, running the new FOTM R/M, cause I am not elf enough to be WD/S.

Oh, and people who have more than 3 classes are clinically insane.

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 10:28pm

I just hope they're still going to have the packs of Puris available, because those were previously only in CS during a special sale. If they no longer have sales, I wonder how they will make those packs available because I personally don't have enough slots in my pack to hold a ton of individual puri's

Inferiority

Professional

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 10:38pm

Quoted from "dexhunterz;535681"

The biggest mistake they made was to give sooooooo many sales. Now it has become expected.

Agreed. Of the other MMO's I've played, I only ever saw promo's of the RL currency every 2-3 months.

Quoted from "Kefkai;535689"

Except this is how FA did things in Ch1/2?

... the way sales were done in EU weren't changed because they acquired the NA servers to run.

Actually Frogster EU ran Diamond Promo's almost every other weekend for a long time -- and I've been playing since Closed Beta!

But I welcome this change to slow down diamond promo's if it is indeed going to bring some stability to the server economies.
Only time will tell if it's going to work...
Inferiority Complex - Original wearer of the Snow Combat Drum!
Mage/Priest on Erebos // Warrior/Rogue (and millions of alts) on Aurora & Agenor
http://romhiddenquests.ml/ // RoM Client & Patches Manual Download
Everyone's name is better than mine! :(

Kefkai

Professional

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 10:59pm

Quoted from "Inferiority;535698"

Actually Frogster EU ran Diamond Promo's almost every other weekend for a long time -- and I've been playing since Closed Beta!

But I welcome this change to slow down diamond promo's if it is indeed going to bring some stability to the server economies.

Frogster America was the one that didn't have too many sales is what I was saying originally anyways during Ch1/2.

But FEU's sales have been the same and didn't change in December when FEU took over our servers, so your Actually was pretty-much what I was saying though I didn't know about the sales through CB.

LadyMacV

Professional

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 11:15pm

Quoted from "Kefkai;535703"

Frogster America was the one that didn't have too many sales is what I was saying originally anyways during Ch1/2.

But FEU's sales have been the same and didn't change in December when FEU took over our servers, so your Actually was pretty-much what I was saying though I didn't know about the sales through CB.

Since when does the sales department work weekends anymore? I could swear the entire staff is off from 3 pm Fri thru 8 am Monday.

In all seriousness, though, I'm not shocked there's no sale this weekend. With ChV coming in 4 days, we're not supposed to be enjoying our current characters- we're supposed to be running around bouncing off the walls in anticipation.

Funny how that failed. Every single thread in this forum is presently discussing the sales in the Item Shop instead of the new content being made available in ChV.
In a world of black, white, and grey... I'd be bright friggin' purple. M/P on Reni.

regentego

Professional

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 11:18pm

Quoted from "Inferiority;535698"

Agreed. Of the other MMO's I've played, I only ever saw promo's of the RL currency every 2-3 months.

What are you smoking? We had about 3 Diamond sales in chapter 1, late chapter 2 it started once a month or so. But we also didn't have clean stats, we also didn't need to +16, and we T7 just about everything. The beast was chapter 3, it caused RoM to price itself above any other MMO out there. Mr Beta 2010 join date I don't think you were really here, that or you selective memory and reasoning.
Ebilone 72r/71s/61p Bloodlegion, Artemis
Destroyed Illuminati 8/15/12.