You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, June 12th 2012, 10:21pm

Constellation Pets

Has anyone figured out how or where you start these?

nasira

Beginner

Location: colorado, the land of two seasons, burning and freezing

Occupation: Victims advocate for local hospital, online dj when I feel like it... guilds RoM quest encyclopedia

Wednesday, June 13th 2012, 2:24am

run down the bridge to the guy by the machines, read the manual then use the machine to get element stuff, can only be done once a day. So far its the only thing I have found that has anything to do with these pets.

CROMI80

Intermediate

Wednesday, June 13th 2012, 3:22am

Can a gm or someone brief us on this. I am also at a total loss.
~Know no limit to unleash the untap potential in yourself
看的懂的人请来osha联络我。Leogolas

EsxCape

Intermediate

Occupation: Community Manager and Customer Support Rep for various online games

Wednesday, June 13th 2012, 5:09am

NPCS:
Norah Kalesy (Varanas Gates - 49.7, 80.0)
Myden Neil (Varanas Gates - 34.0, 21.2)
If there are others, I don't yet know of them.

Event Timer:
I'm led to believe this "event," as Norah calls it, is set to run on a timer of sorts. Since it's all about constellation pets, and it's currently the month of June (Gemini month), the current pet on display is a Gemini pet. So the pets may change monthly, which means you only have 30-31 days to get the pet you want. However, there are 3 pets for each elemental affinity (water, wind, earth, and fire) so you'd have a total of 3 months to collect elements for the pet you want. The months will obviously not be consecutive.
I could be completely wrong about this, but it seems logical. I just don't know if Runewaker would actually plan something that dynamic.

Pet Previews:
Conveniently, Norah has a pet on display at her side! Right now it's a Gemini pet. That means when you do the event you're going to get WIND elements (I assume) because Gemini is a WIND sign. I assume the pet will change when the event shifts to feature another zodiac sign, which means the element rewards in the event will also shift appropriately. For example: next month is July, which is the month of Cancer, which is a WATER sign. That means the event rewards will probably be WATER elements.
Again, I could be completely wrong about that. Either way, it's nice to see what the pets will look like before we invest in acquiring one.

Machines:
As Nasira said, run to the opposite end of Varanas bridge and click on one of the machines. When the dialogue box comes up, read the manual so you know how to play the "game." Then start the machine. Basically you get 3 color "spells" and you have to use the appropriate color associated with the colored orbs on the machine. There's 5 orbs on the machine, so you do have to be fast, but I'm sure there's a way to time it appropriately. For orbs you miss (they explode), you lose points. For orbs you match successfully (they disappear), you gain points. For simply using the device you will get elements. For example, I played it once and got Wind Element x4. Needless to say, I performed poorly. xD You can only play once per day.

My best guess is that if you can play the "game" well, you will receive Universal Components. You can exchange those at the near-by NPC...maybe for more elements? It probably speeds up the pet process. So I guess we all better practice matching colors and good luck to the color blind! o_x

Transmuter:
Ok so now what do you do with the elements you get, you may ask... Well it's transmuter time now! ;D They combine in stacks of three, so I split my stack of Wind Element x4 into Wind Element x3 (extra one stays in my bag). The stack of 3 I put into the transmuter and merge it into Wind Stardust x1. There are ultimately 5 levels (or tiers, you could say) of each element, but not all of them are necessary yet. The 5 levels are as follows: Element, Stardust, Star Sand, Star Stone, Star Diamond. If you think this sounds a lot like tiering, you'd be right; it's exactly like tiering. Standard charge rates apply. ^-^

Newborn Constellation Pets:
As you all know there's 12 zodiac signs, and thus 12 possible pets. The zodiac signs are grouped by 3's into 4 element categories. Aquarius, Gemini, and Libra are WIND elements. Pisces, Cancer, and Scorpio are WATER elements. Capricorn, Taurus, and Virgo are EARTH elements. Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius are FIRE elements.
The first step is to aquire a pet in its newborn stage. You will need 1 Pet Crystal. I have no idea where this is from yet. I guess we'll find out in time.
The second thing you will need is Star Sand x3 with the element attribute as the pet you want. If you want the Gemini pet (a wind element zodiac pet), you will need WIND Star Sand x3. As mentioned previously, Star Sand is the 3rd level of an element (27 Elements = 9 Stardusts = 3 Star Sands).

Adult Constellation Pets:
In order to get an adult constellation pet, you must first have a newborn constellation pet (see above). You will also need 3 Star Stones with the same element attribute as your pet. If you have a Gemini newborn pet, you will need WIND Star Stone x3. As mentioned previously, Star Stones are the 4th level of an element (81 Elements = 27 Stardusts = 9 Star Sands = 3 Star Stones).

Teh Beyond! O.o (Speculation Section):
The NPC Norah Kalesy seems to hint that there is more to these pets than just the newborn and adult stages. However she says it's up to "you" to explore the rest. And hey...what about Star Diamonds?
To me, I think this is obvious. There is likely a 3rd stage of pet development and if the pattern holds true, you will need your adult constellation pet and Star Diamonds x3. So for example, if you have an adult Gemini constellation pet, you will need 3 WIND Star Diamonds, which are the 5th level of an element (243 Elements = 81 Stardusts = 27 Star Sands = 9 Star Stones = 3 Star Diamonds). Tiering is a pain. -_-;

That's all I've puzzled out so far and I hope that it helps! :D I'm not the best at explaining things and I'm long-winded, so if anything was unclear please let me know. Feel free to add your thoughts and speculations or if you have additional information, post it! I'm really intrigued by the event and hope we can find out more. :]

EsxCape

Intermediate

Wednesday, June 13th 2012, 5:28am

Additional Notes:

As verified by the ItemPreview addon (ergo also available on runesdatabase), there are 3 maturity levels of the pets, which means my final speculation on the pet process is likely accurate.

Newborn Pet ("Summoning Stone - Newborn [Zodiac] Pet")
Adult Pet ("Summoning Stone - Adult [Zodiac] Pet")
Legendary Pet ("Summoning Stone - Legendary [Zodiac] Pet")

*replace bracketed text with the zodiac name; ex: Gemini

If you want to see a more stream-lined description of half of what I wrote above, check this site: http://rom.onlinewelten.com/news,id5203,…pets.html?sec=1 It was written previous to the chapter release so I have a bit more information than that site does, but all the basics are covered.

CROMI80

Intermediate

Wednesday, June 13th 2012, 5:43am

Thanks a lot guys. That was most helpful.
~Know no limit to unleash the untap potential in yourself
看的懂的人请来osha联络我。Leogolas

TheMann64

Intermediate

Wednesday, June 13th 2012, 1:51pm

Good explanation ExsCape. It seems like you get 4 elements just for using the machines, and then if you operate it well enough you get a Universal Element. It may be possible to get more than one; the first time I did it I had a final score of 100 with no universal element, but I did get the initial 4. The second time I ran it I don't remember what my score was, but I received a Universal part way through the process, which indicates to me it may be possible to get more than one.

I got wind elements every time.

When you turn in the Universal, you get more elements plus an even participation certificate.

Still no clue on the pet crystal though.... maybe the powers that be could weigh in and enlighten us so we're not in the dark....?
Govinda
Guild: Theblacknights
Babesmann - Dwarfmann

EsxCape

Intermediate

Wednesday, June 13th 2012, 5:03pm

Alright I guess most of my speculations are holding up for now.

As for the Universal Components, I think you have to get a score of over 120 while using the Machine (I got 119 earlier and received nothing, but at 140 I got 1 component). If you can match orbs when they are at their largest, right before they explode, you get +6 points. So that is probably the best and fastest way to collect points to do this.

EsxCape

Intermediate

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 2:29am

This is from the EU server where there was a similar thread:

Quoted from "MrPuddles;4179763"

I received a pet crystal as part of the reward for exchanging craftsman certificates in Central Varanas earlier today \o/

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 5:20am

The pet eggs come from the crafting festival certificates turn in. A guildee just got one, so appears random.

suprra

Professional

Mood: Cursing

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 3:46pm

Yup I got a pet crystal from turning in certs today too.

EsxCape

Intermediate

Friday, June 15th 2012, 8:21am

Update: If you exchange Universal Components with Myden Neil, you get 4 elements and 1 event certificate per component. :)

Friday, June 15th 2012, 9:41am

Are these gotten from the ruby shop as well? Or are those different pets?

Ravesden, D/S/Wd 80/75/62
Retired. Click siggy for old RoM vids, among other things.

EsxCape

Intermediate

Friday, June 15th 2012, 2:43pm

Quoted from "Ravesden;538037"

Are these gotten from the ruby shop as well? Or are those different pets?

These are pets you get through the event on Varanas bridge. However, they will act like item shop pets. In my opinion, they seem like an upgraded, more customizable version of loyal pets. There's a section about them in the chapter 5 patch notes.

TheMann64

Intermediate

Friday, June 15th 2012, 2:45pm

I also picked up a pet crystal through the crafting event. It appears the pet crystal matches the one the NPC has at the gates (no surprise), so I'm hoping this means that every seasonal event will give a chance of dropping a pet crystal appropriate to that month.

Has anybody leveled up their pet yet? I haven't simply because the toon I received the crystal on doesn't have the elements or the arcane charges... I'm wondering how the added buff system will work.

Update: after last night's patch, it is not possible to get TWO universal elements from the machines if you score 200 or higher. Woot! I think that makes up for taking out the super convenient daily in the new zone :P
Govinda
Guild: Theblacknights
Babesmann - Dwarfmann

sickdust

Intermediate

Saturday, June 16th 2012, 1:47am

Quoted from "Kista;537580"

The pet eggs come from the crafting festival certificates turn in. A guildee just got one, so appears random.

Yeahh i got a Gemini Pet Crystal from the Event Cashier (Varanas Central; Exchange 6 Certificates) along with a recipe, must very well be random cause im doing this event on 4 different toons and this is the first crystal to appear.
Subscribe and join the Reddit /r/Runesofmagic Community!

Saturday, June 16th 2012, 4:45pm

I have the newborn pet, you are able to put it in your partner bag, the newborn gives the 2 hr buff (that is all).
Cord - p/m - Govinda

suprra

Professional

Mood: Cursing

Saturday, June 16th 2012, 5:02pm

Pretty sure it's a 3 hour buff?
I had it out today and it goes for an hour longer than spiritual.

sickdust

Intermediate

Monday, June 18th 2012, 12:27am

to confirm with that yes its a 3 hour buff activates when you first summon it that day (only works once)
the Newborn Pet as give out 20% extra TP/XP/Loot
Subscribe and join the Reddit /r/Runesofmagic Community!

EsxCape

Intermediate

Monday, June 18th 2012, 12:41am

The Patch Notes were unclear due to formatting issues, so I've copied/pasted them here and formatted so that it (hopefully) makes more sense.

Buffs:
When summoning the Constellation Pet in its newborn stage for the first time that day, you will receive the effects of the Star Spirit Blessing: for 3 hours, increases XP and TP obtained in battle by 20% as well as item drop rate by 20%.

When summoning the Constellation Pet in its adult stage for the first time that day, you will receive the effect you chose when using this item for the first time. The effect will last 3 hours.
Options:
*Increases item drop rate - 50% - Star Amulet of Fortune
*Increase XP gained in battle - 30% - Star Amulet of Rage
*Increases max. HP and MP - 5% - Star Amulet of Strength
*Increases TP gained in battle - 5% - Star Amulet of Talent
*Increases all attributes - 2% - Star Amulet of Ability
*Increases physical and magical defenses - 3% - Star Amulet of Defense

When summoning the Constellation Pet in its legendary stage for the first time that day, you will receive the effect you chose when using this item for the first time. The effect will last 3 hours.
Options:
*Increases item drop rate - 75% - Star Amulet of Fortune
*Increases XP gained in battle - 40% - Star Amulet of Rage
*Increases max. HP and MP - 7% - Star Amulet of Strength
*Increases TP gained in battle - 10% - Star Amulet of Talent
*Increases all attributes - 3% - Star Amulet of Ability
*Increases physical and magical defenses - 5% - Star Amulet of Defense
*Increases physical and magical critical hit rate - +120 points - Star Amulet of Fortitude
*Increases XP and TP obtained by completing quests - 10% - Star Amulet of Potential
*Reduces damage dealt by other players - 10% - Star Amulet of Protection

(Note: Please note that for Legendary Constellation Pets, it may be possible to choose Star Amulet of Protection. I feel like anyone who chooses that will be using it during Siege War, so if that's the case, be conscious of that; it's not a hack, it's just their pet buff. xD)