You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 15th 2012, 2:17am

Declarations of Neutrality....gone...?!

I'll preface this by stating that I am generally a laid back player; I rarely get involved with game developer politics. Given the recent changes, I felt compelled to, at the very leasy, try to understand the reasoning behind them.

My point/question is simple. Why were Declarations of Neutrality removed from the IS on PVP servers? You (game developers/marketing department) do realize removing that item completely ruins the PVP aspect of the game...right...? I honestly don't believe you could be so dull as to not realize the consequences of such a decision. And, holding with that belief, I must then assert that your intention is to force us to buy item lockers from the IS so our gear doesn't drop. Ok, smart move in terms of bleeding your loyal customers. But you do realize, not being able to PVP without an enourmous amount of hassel (not being able to go to cities without dying form guards, not being able to have anything in your bags, etc) is the same thing as removing it completely. Quite frankly, pvp is the one and only reason I even play mmos, and I know the same is true for most people who play on PVP servers. The system was working perfectly fine, why break it?

If your intention is to deter us from pvp trading to put us on the same level as PVE servers in respect to not being able to trade gear anymore (ABL's now removed), forcing us to lay down hundreds upon hundreds of dollars while putting up a face of "stabilizing" the economy and "discounting" IS items... Why not just remove that mechanic and make it so people don't drop gear?...at least we could still play the (insert expletive) game. If this change was indeed intended for such a purpose and is not going to be fixed/altered/or otherwise rectified, you just lost yourself a customer. And many-a-more will follow, I assure you.

No threat intended, I'm simply making the point that destroying the gameplay of a game in the name of making more money is counter-productive to your cause. It has been said before, will be said again, and shouldn't even have to be said because it's basic human psychology: If you focus on making your product enjoyable and functional, i.e. pleasing the customer, the customer will be more generous in supporting you. You have a potentially great product but you are constantly kicking our (your customers', the people who make your company possible, and pay your salaries) legs out from under us, creating a most unpleasant and irritating experience.

Much of this is based on my own assumptions given the lack of information provided to the community by your staff. If I have made any false accusations, I appologize. My intention is to have fun playing a game that works. Right now, yours doesn't. And it seems to me the only reasons for it are Apathy and Greed.

This concludes my rant, thank you for listening (assuming anyone even reads these things).

Take care, have fun.

mrmisterwaa

Professional

Friday, June 15th 2012, 2:24am

OP,

I was PVP'ing when declarations were not there.

If you cannot handle being Red, go to a PVE server.

PVP was destroyed because declarations were there.

Yes, it sucks that Reds cannot get into major cities with debt that is why you should be a lot more careful.

EsxCape

Intermediate

Occupation: Community Manager and Customer Support Rep for various online games

Friday, June 15th 2012, 3:14am

I know this keeps coming up on the US side about "why was X, Y, and Z removed from the Item Shop" etc.
But please realize what actually happened in the Chapter 5 patch: it's not that our item shop was changed, it was that it was literally *replaced.* Our item shop is gone, it was replaced by the EU item shop. That item shop received price changes, the rest of it (including the items available) is as it has always been for the EU.

The EU never had declarations of neutrality. They never had advanced bind lifters. They never had +12 jewels. They never had ruby bonuses in the token shop. That is *normal* for them, that is how their item shop has always been. They used to get those items on promos, that's how they managed.

Frogster made a decision that obviously shows that they didn't consider what the US had in their item shop that made it different from the EU item shop. That's really what it boils down to. Their focus was clearly on pricing, not on "what items does the US have that the EU doesn't and how will it affect their gaming experience when we replace their shop with ours."

Friday, June 15th 2012, 3:16am

Quoted from "EsxCape;537953"

I know this keeps coming up on the US side about "why was X, Y, and Z removed from the Item Shop" etc.
But please realize what actually happened in the Chapter 5 patch: it's not that our item shop was changed, it was that it was literally *replaced.* Our item shop is gone, it was replaced by the EU item shop. That item shop received price changes, the rest of it (including the items available) is as it has always been for the EU.

The EU never had declarations of neutrality. They never had advanced bind lifters. They never had +12 jewels. They never had ruby bonuses in the token shop. That is *normal* for them, that is how their item shop has always been. They used to get those items on promos, that's how they managed.

Frogster made a decision that obviously shows that they didn't consider what the US had in their item shop that made it different from the EU item shop. That's really what it boils down to. Their focus was clearly on pricing, not on "what items does the US have that the EU doesn't and how will it affect their gaming experience when we replace their shop with ours."

Because EU doesn't care enough about the US servers to actually think about how changes might affect them.
Borella - 100 W/M/S/R/P/K
VVV
If you play P/K in instances you're garbage

EsxCape

Intermediate

Occupation: Community Manager and Customer Support Rep for various online games

Friday, June 15th 2012, 3:25am

Quoted from "Borella;537954"

Because EU doesn't care enough about the US servers to actually think about how changes might affect them.

Probably that too. rofl. But you know the US side can be *very* persuasive when they feel they have been wronged. I'm thinking back to the GCD issue that affected casters. If you complain enough, Frogster has been known to oil the squeaky wheel. It is entirely possible that if the US players keep going on about this like they have been, Frogster will make some kind of change. And obviously, I don't think any EU players would complain if they suddenly had 24/7 access to ABLS, +12 jewels, ruby bonuses, or neutrality tickets. I personally think the US needs to keep pushing to get their items re-integrated. Especially since it's not just the US complaining -- there are a fair amount of complaints on the EU side as well regarding the same issues.

trav42073

Professional

Friday, June 15th 2012, 4:09pm

ya know ex, ur right. possibly this is unintended change as no gm's have commented on the removal of certain cs items. us isnt eu frog.
95r/62m/63s/ Soultwist.
Ryaderr wrd/s/w erobos

Sunday, June 17th 2012, 11:08pm

I was hoping for the same as well. Though, from the looks of things (CM posts), it was indeed an intended and, if I may say so, poorly executed change. It seems no one has been able to procure a straight answer as to the reasoning behind the change, nor the reason for witholding it from the community prior to patch. The only responses I've seen as of yet are along the lines of: "It happened, get used to it." ...devlivered in a much more ambiguous and pretentiously courteous way, of course.

After a few days playing with the new IS, I must say the damage they've done removing key items far outweighs the discounting of pfs's (the only really useful thing as far as I can tell). Instead of balance they've created an enourmous gap between newer ungeared players and older end game players, and practically shut down the ingame economy at the same time. (On my server at least.) Removing both the +jewels and the ability to conveniently trade gear has basically cut progressing guilds off at the knees, ultimately stunting the entire server from progressing to end game. On top of it, changing weekly sales to "happy hour", only available for a few hours on 3 given days...? Honestly, what is the logic behind that? They seem to think making it more inconvenient to play the game will turn them more of a profit.

All of this on top of the biggest failure of a new content release I have ever seen. My hopes for this game are being crushed most efficiently. It's becoming difficult to even talk about it without sounding like I'm complaining. Hopefully, hell will freeze over and the developers will pay heed to the voice of the community.

WTT frustration for fun, PST.

Monday, June 18th 2012, 6:18am

the reason for it is because they were loosing money hand over fist to people pk trading. my answer to stop being pumped for cash is to sw occasionally and play a different game 99% of the rest of the time

trav42073

Professional

Monday, June 18th 2012, 4:24pm

i dont see how they were losing money. pk trade = new gear in someones hand to plus, stat, drill etc. no gear flow means no need for any of cs stuff.
95r/62m/63s/ Soultwist.
Ryaderr wrd/s/w erobos

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 2:22am

Yes, indeed. I can understand they see pk trading as a hole in their money bucket, but instead of plugging the hole in the bucket, they dammed the river and burned down the forest. So, yes, there will be no more $ leaks because they have basically eliminated any reason for PvP players to invest anything more in this game; no potential income = no potential loss. I must give them props, that is certainly a masochistically hardcore way of dealing with the situation. While the idea may have looked good on paper, "no hand-me-downs = no recycled IS items = more profit", they certainly didn't think it through.

trav is 100% correct, with no economy, no progression, and no foundation for either, the game's main arteries have been slashed and all that's left is to watch it bleed out a slow, quiet death. As players wither in boredom waiting month after month to have the "privilege" of spending hundreds of dollars on items that don't even guarantee success of the intended result, in hopes of having a few fleeting moments of enjoyment for all the long hours spent in the hamster wheel.

So, while I am still fighting for this game to succeed, I see myself soon following masterdesh's advice to just keep it on a kite string and find something more worth my time and money. It will be such a shame to see it all go to waste for nothing more than lack of common sense. But c'est la vie.

Friday, June 22nd 2012, 10:26pm

Yup. gotta hand it to em... JUST when you think the economy in-game cant get any worse, somehow they prove you wrong. Miraculously siege seems to be working just a bit better! Maybe fix some stuff that actually makes a big difference though... the gate thing was nice but siege is so rife with hackers that every other day the proc is down with all gates full xD

speaking of pvp servers... better do something about the diamond market there soon cuz... I havent heard of many diamonds for sale in weeks... if they do, rarely, it is for 100k+ each and for at most maybe a couple hundred at once.

trav42073

Professional

Friday, June 22nd 2012, 11:07pm

dont like 100k per, dont buy them. im bumping mine up to 150k per. demand is high ya know? that way i can costume pvp gear my toon since all want white drops back.
95r/62m/63s/ Soultwist.
Ryaderr wrd/s/w erobos

Friday, June 22nd 2012, 11:23pm

I dont buy them. I dont need to buy them. If I ever need dias I have made enough friends, and it has gotten to the point where if you are gonna sell em below 75k you might as well give them away. A couple people do on occasion but like I said. I'm not looking to spend any more diamonds. Luckily I have an endgame toon, at least by the standards of Grimdal. Not like anyone farms things anyways, so whats the point of gearing up? So you can run your minigames faster? Show of to the 3 people you see in 5 hours of being online? As it has been said on other posts, this game is about to go past the point of no return, and certainly is for pvp.

Anyways, my comment wasnt even about not liking 100k per dia, it was about how frogster has ruined the economy.