You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

TheMann64

Intermediate

• "TheMann64" started this thread

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 4:23pm

Warning about universal elements

Warning to all players acquiring constellation pets:

If you try to turn in a large quantity of Universal Components, you will receive the crafting festival vouchers but you will NOT receive the elements. I have been stockpiling universal components in case the element changed before I could get a legendary pet. When I went to trade them in, I gave the guy 55 components and got 55 certificates, but no elements.

If you have a large stockpile, I suggest turning in about 20 at a time. Just remember that you automatically turn in all the components in your backpack whenever you turn them in.
Govinda
Guild: Theblacknights
Babesmann - Dwarfmann

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 5:09pm

This warning is a lie. Close this thread. OP doesn't know what he's talking about. Stop trying to trick the people.

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 6:13pm

Quoted from "fajote;544370"

This warning is a lie. Close this thread. OP doesn't know what he's talking about. Stop trying to trick the people.

Even if it was a lie, breaking them into groups of 20 (although 19 should be better as you may lose 1) still hurts no one.
I haven't had the chance to stack them that high to confirm but I personally don't have reason to doubt such a bug could exist.
A real sysadmin knows how to change the time.
If you make the same mistake while trying to make up for the previous one, you are doing something wrong.

As much as I'd love to say I offer consulting services, the scope of things broken is too large.

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 6:25pm

Quoted from "sertet;544378"

Even if it was a lie, breaking them into groups of 20 (although 19 should be better as you may lose 1) still hurts no one.
I haven't had the chance to stack them that high to confirm but I personally don't have reason to doubt such a bug could exist.

No, it is a lie. He doesn't know what he's talking about. It isn't possible to get elements from universal components.

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 6:37pm

I wouldnt turn in ur newbie pet for an adult one anyways. Your newbie pet gives you 20 percent to 3 different things . Whereas once it's an adult u have to choose one thing you want it to do and it only gives 5 percent. Hmmm good job RoM on trying to screw us once again

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 6:43pm

Quoted from "fajote;544381"

No, it is a lie. He doesn't know what he's talking about. It isn't possible to get elements from universal components.

Yes it is possible to get elements from universal. I did it and was suprised it did. So who is lieing?
"Gameforge is working on it"

EsxCape

Intermediate

Occupation: Community Manager and Customer Support Rep for various online games

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 7:06pm

You can get elements from universal components. The exchange rate is 4 elements for 1 universal component. This was confirmed a long time ago, back when the Chapter 5 patch was first released.

If you have turned in universal components (regardless of how many were stacked) and did not receive the appropriate amount of elements for them, then I would recommend submitting a ticket to support (maybe listed as a Bug or Missing Item) and request that the appropriate amount be mailed to your character. Screenshots would be helpful in confirming the amount of universal components you had exchanged, if possible.

If it is a bug, then by all means, it's better to exchange in smaller quantities until the issue is resolved.

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 7:34pm

Quoted from "trakkien;544382"

I wouldnt turn in ur newbie pet for an adult one anyways. Your newbie pet gives you 20 percent to 3 different things . Whereas once it's an adult u have to choose one thing you want it to do and it only gives 5 percent. Hmmm good job RoM on trying to screw us once again

The benefits of the adult/legendary forms are not primarily xp/tp/drop rate the hp/mp and pdef/mdef boosts are reasonable for the adult and the legendary is insanely useful for siege (10% damage reduction from all players) or the 10% boost to xp and tp from QUESTS which is the majority of your levelling in this game. And considering how easy it is to make another newborn... it is hardly "screwing" us.

The pets is one of the few things that I like about the new chapter despite some qualms I have with how you acquire it. The mini game can be a little glitchy, i've had it where 2 platforms get stuck and 2 stopped popping colors. The spell casting tends to interrupt itself occassionally and I don't always get 360+. But that is just the game engine, the one thing I would like to see changed is either the pet crystal comes unbound -or- the elements come unbound (would probably work out better if the crystal was unbound). Leaving it up to luck of the draw leaves people with 5 of the same crystal and others with none. There is no need for more than 3 of the same crystal type, once you choose the buff for the adult gemini it is set for ALL adult gemini, I assume the same would be true for legendary
A real sysadmin knows how to change the time.
If you make the same mistake while trying to make up for the previous one, you are doing something wrong.

As much as I'd love to say I offer consulting services, the scope of things broken is too large.

TheMann64

Intermediate

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 3:47am

After turning in my stack of 55, I ran the elements again and turned in the 3 I got for 3 certificates + 12 wind elements. I submitted a ticket and hopefully I can still get the other 220.
I actually carefully planned this so that I could have a newborn AND a legendary so that I could use both the 20% xp/tp/drop rate, and one of the legendary pet buffs (likely the 10% quest bonus with my new dwarf alt, and the -10% damage on my 72 warrior) in the same day. It was so disappointing thinking I would have my legendary pet today, and having this bug happen, but hopefully they can fix it :) My main is only another day away from having enough for newborn + legendary, and now I know not to turn in so many at a time. I don't love the idea of running back and forth from the element guy to my bank box a few times, but I can deal with it. I'm sure it's just something they didn't think all the way through when they implemented the zodiac pets - like how there hasn't been a Cancer pet, or how you can't put increments of 3 elements in your transmuter, you have to just do 3 at a time.
Govinda
Babesmann - Dwarfmann

CROMI80

Intermediate

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 5:33am

Quoted from "trakkien;544382"

Well , I am going to make 2 constellation pets.1 more diamond crystal and I will have a legendary pet. Then I will proceed to make another constellation pet since I already acquire another pet crystal few nights ago.
The legend pet will give a buff that reduce 10% reduction in damage by players. I feel that it is a very good buff and worth all the trouble to get it.
~Know no limit to unleash the untap potential in yourself
看的懂的人请来osha联络我。Leogolas

TheMann64

Intermediate

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 4:23pm

I'm happy to announce that my wife is now the proud owner of a Gemini Legendary Pet. The 10% boost to quest tp/xp is EXCELLENT!

Now to start stockpiling for the 10% damage reduction pet.... only 174 charges and 351 elements to go....
Govinda
Babesmann - Dwarfmann

Friday, July 13th 2012, 7:31am

um lets see we siege 1 hour a night.. versus the 9 hours were in pve? yeah they're screwing us over

Friday, July 20th 2012, 6:07pm

hi guys! maybe this isnt the place but... who gaves cancer pet?