You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "zidlef" started this thread

Mood: Love

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 11:37pm

What would be an acceptable nerf for rogues

What would be an acceptable Nerf for Rogues

A total of 100 Votes have been submitted.

1%

Remove hide skill completely (1)

1%

Cannot use hide skills when standing in front of a player (1)

0%

Cannot use hide skills when surrounded by multiple players

13%

On same cooldown as invisible potion on the hide skill (2 minutes) (13)

5%

Cannot hide in plain sight (5)

14%

Reduce damage of low blow (14)

16%

Remove DYICE from the game and use action bars (16)

50%

No nerf needed (50)

Multiple choices so everyone can express themselves, no trolls please, thx.

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98
Disturbed guild leader on mithras :thumbsup:
BTW i do live under a bridge, i am Green, i can dish it out as good as i get
There are no better server than Reni, best place to be!!!!!

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 11:40pm

Quoted from "zidlef;560321"

Multiple choices so everyone can express themselves, no trolls please, thx.

A) there is no poll attached to this, B) why do you feel they need a nerf? instance damage? im out dpsed by m/s and m/w and w/r's all the time. pvp? look at the ice blade thread, its stupid to nerf a class based on pvp info in a game where siege war is in beta. this is a pve game.
Darwec R/wd/m :DThe Rogue Guide
EOJs Mems and Shells
The continuous cries for "oh, make things harder on people who don't spend real money" is driving this game into the dirt. This game isn't funded by pay to play players. Its funded by the people who go out and farm all your stats and hard mode gear for you to buy.

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 11:42pm

Quoted from "thebadtouch09;560323"

A) there is no poll attached to this, B) why do you feel they need a nerf? instance damage? im out dpsed by m/s and m/w and w/r's all the time. pvp? look at the ice blade thread, its stupid to nerf a class based on pvp info in a game where siege war is in beta. this is a pve game.

Yeeeaaaahhh but Dar you're also low on patk :o
Borella - 100 W/M/S/R/P/K
VVV
If you play P/K in instances you're garbage

bleedingblak

I'm here to troll you

Mood: Crying

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 11:44pm

annnnddddddddddddddd the patk stacked rogues get such high dps b/c they are trading their survivability.

The op mages have 50k hp and do super dps, same with warriors.

~Fly into the distance, disappear for awhile~

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 11:44pm

Quoted from "Borella;560324"

Yeeeaaaahhh but Dar you're also low on patk :o

yeahhhhh but I still keep up with r/s's in our guild as a r/wn. :-\ My damage is in no way scoff-able. But the mages do just as much damage as any R/S in our guild. And det and Sasha as w/r or w/wn werck everyone damage. Just no one can keep up with them.

Quoted from "bleedingblak;560325"

annnnddddddddddddddd the patk stacked rogues get such high dps b/c they are trading their survivability.

The op mages have 50k hp and do super dps, same with warriors.

this is true as well :O i want more pa T-T

Hey so, remember when mages were the only op class? or that time when socuts were the only op class? rom isnt like that right now. here is a list of all the classes currently that keep up in damage

m/w m/d m/s

r/s r/wn

w/wn w/r

wd/s

s/wn? poor scouts.
EOJs Mems and Shells
The continuous cries for "oh, make things harder on people who don't spend real money" is driving this game into the dirt. This game isn't funded by pay to play players. Its funded by the people who go out and farm all your stats and hard mode gear for you to buy.

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 11:49pm

People can do a poll for Iceblade and i can't make one?? I want answers on this please thx to all.

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 11:54pm

Quoted from "zidlef;560328"

People can do a poll for Iceblade and i can't make one?? I want answers on this please thx to all.

ok its showing up now, i think you just had it set up wrong.
EOJs Mems and Shells

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 11:54pm

ok why Darwec, what did i do wrong?

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 11:55pm

I went with no nerf because I really don't think any classes should be nerfed for PVP in a PVE game.

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 11:56pm

Quoted from "zidlef;560332"

ok why Darwec, what did i do wrong?

idk. maybe it was just my computer. its working now so its all good :D. Also no nerf needed. My opinion on all skill nerfs based on pvp is that we cant nerf any class until our pvp system is fixed. Nerfing rogues or p/s pve because of pvp is moronic.
EOJs Mems and Shells

Auros

Professional

Mood: Mellow

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 11:56pm

Why do you have remove DIYCE in there as an option? No rogue should be using DIYCE. If I remember correctly, in the original DIYCE thread even the creator of DIYCE stated that rogues should not use DIYCE if they wanted to maximize their output. Meh...w/e.

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 11:59pm

Quoted from "Auros;560335"

Why do you have remove DIYCE in there as an option? No rogue should be using DIYCE. If I remember correctly, in the original DIYCE thread even the creator of DIYCE stated that rogues should not use DIYCE if they wanted to maximize their output. Meh...w/e.

a r/s should not use diyce, a r/wn should to take advantage of some skills.

i have a highly optimized r/s diyce that i wrote and wont ever share that keeps up with most r/s's pressing skills by hand, but in most cases no >.> dont use diyce.

my r/wn cant keep up in dps without diyce because of how charged chop works.

diyce is also generally better on longer fights for managing energy better.
EOJs Mems and Shells

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 12:02am

Unlike PVP-focused P/S, rogues are viable in both PVP and PVE. Since the poll is written with "hide" in mind, I presume this is PVP-themed nerf.

The closest I see to my choice is hide CD, but I think 2 min is much too high. 20-30 sec would make hide less effective.

Other thing that would make hide less effective but still viable is if it is not 100% hide. When you are in hide, others can't see you, but you can. You see a faint shadowy version of you. Perhaps a shadowy version of you shown to others could be sufficient hide. More shadowy than what you as a rogue see now, but maybe not completely invisible.
-- Rustyx --- 92R / 92S / 92M on Reni (Guild KnightShift). Yes, running the new FOTM R/M, cause I am not elf enough to be WD/S.

Oh, and people who have more than 3 classes are clinically insane.

Kefkai

Professional

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 12:03am

Quoted from "zidlef;560328"

Man you're dumb, did you actually read the other topic? This poll is EXACTLY like mine except for the fact you can't choose multiple options and do you know why that's bad?

Well if you had read the topic in the first place you'd know that asking two questions at once makes a poll like this completely and totally invalid.

Anyways I'd be all for removing Diyce but not because of just rogues so would Ebi we were talking about that the other day actually lol

I'm not really sure in what world Hide is actually OP but it sure ain't this one (exception Arena) the one skill that I actually still find to be OP is Shadow Prison especially on R/Wd since it's completely spammable, oh also reduce the damage of Throw/Combo throw that should be inevitable.

It seems like you're focusing on things like hide which is easily countered with eyes and scouts inside of Siege, it's hard enough to hide as is since ChV since you randomly pop out of it for no particular reason.
Guild Leader: Bloodlegion Server: Artemis
Characters: Kefkai R/S/Wd 75/75/72 Beepy D/Wd/W 77/77/72
Siege Videos and what not

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 12:06am

Quoted from "vfwiffo;560339"

Unlike PVP-focused P/S, rogues are viable in both PVP and PVE. Since the poll is written with "hide" in mind, I presume this is PVP-themed nerf.

The closest I see to my choice is hide CD, but I think 2 min is much too high. 20-30 sec would make hide less effective.

Other thing that would make hide less effective but still viable is if it is not 100% hide. When you are in hide, others can't see you, but you can. You see a faint shadowy version of you. Perhaps a shadowy version of you shown to others could be sufficient hide. More shadowy than what you as a rogue see now, but maybe not completely invisible.

thats the same as just increasing the range at which other people can see you. honestly , there is no reason to nerf classes based on pvp. please stop asking frogster to do this. If you nerf these skills you also have to nerf ea, magma blade, earth groaning wind blade, detection....

Quoted from "Kefkai;560341"

Man you're dumb, did you actually read the other topic? This poll is EXACTLY like mine except for the fact you can't choose multiple options and do you know why that's bad?

Well if you had read the topic in the first place you'd know that asking two questions at once makes a poll like this completely and totally invalid.

Anyways I'd be all for removing Diyce but not because of just rogues so would Ebi we were talking about that the other day actually lol

I'm not really sure in what world Hide is actually OP but it sure ain't this one (exception Arena) the one skill that I actually still find to be OP is Shadow Prison especially on R/Wd since it's completely spammable, oh also reduce the damage of Throw/Combo throw that should be inevitable.

It seems like you're focusing on things like hide which is easily countered with eyes and scouts inside of Siege, it's hard enough to hide as is since ChV since you randomly pop out of it for no particular reason.

ohhhh what a hypocrite. see, this is why we dont want to nerf ice blade. dont nerf a class based on pvp.
EOJs Mems and Shells

regentego

Professional

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 12:09am

Remove ALL DiYCE
Ebilone 72r/71s/61p Bloodlegion, Artemis
Destroyed Illuminati 8/15/12.

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 12:10am

Quoted from "Kefkai;560341"

First off Kefkai, read the TOS , personnal attacks are not permitted on the forums. I made a poll to know what people think about these questions, you don't like it, then don't vote and read another thread please.

I am allowed to post this, unless you're a GM and delete my poll, which you are not. As i said no trolls, just legitimate intelligent answers. BTW already a few have posted them and interesting to read.

Thx to all who keep this civilized.

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 12:11am

Quoted from "regentego;560344"

Remove ALL DiYCE

What would that even do for you? yeah, lets go back to that removing all macros thing we had for that one week. Sounds like a good idea.
EOJs Mems and Shells

Lemonater

Professional

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 12:14am

Removin macros be different from DiYCE. An we all know it only took half a day ter find a way round that removal. DiYCE seemeth ter be the lazy way ter play, tho.

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 12:19am

Quoted from "Lemonater;560349"

Removin macros be different from DiYCE. An we all know it only took half a day ter find a way round that removal. DiYCE seemeth ter be the lazy way ter play, tho.

lazy? ive spent months working and refining a diyce. :-\ and it still does less damage than some ppl pressing keys. Diyce is A LOT of work and testing.
EOJs Mems and Shells