You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, February 26th 2013, 1:01pm

Patch Notes 5.0.8

• [INDENT]
    https://forum.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=505118

[COLOR=#3399FF !important]
    Patch 5.0.8 - Fire Festival
    For those wishing to discuss the latest Patch notes, please head on over to this thread.

If you have any undocumented changes you wish to report, then please head on over to this thread.

New Content

• Festival of Fire
    • Increase of the stack amount of some itemshop items
    • Adjustments to recipes XP
    • Adjustments to lv45-lv65 quests XP

Mistakes/Bugs that were corrected
    Item:

• The following items cannot be used when the player’s level has reached the system’s upper limit:
      Experience Fruit
      Experience Fruit
      Experience Orb (10,000 Points)
      Experience Orb (100,000 Points)
      Experience Orb (1,000,000 Points)
      Experience Orb (10,000,000 Points)
      Experience Orb (50,000 Points)
    • The following royal furniture created through crafting are no longer “Binds when picked up". They can be traded now :
      Gladiator Battle Axe Trophy

[INDENT]Guardian of the Earth's Might - Decoration
    Grave Bug King Decoration
    Puppet Master Chair
    Mini Brown Bear Puppet Doll
    No. 203 Vanquisher Trophy
    Poison Alchemist Decoration
    Dark Punisher's Disk Ornament
    Light Punisher's Head - Ornament
    Demon Spider Ornament
    Thunder Demon Statue Lamp[/INDENT]
    [INDENT]Angry Spirit Statue Lamp
    Shadow Punisher Component – Ornament[/INDENT]

• The following royal guild furniture created through crafting are no longer "Binds when picked up". They can be traded now:

[INDENT]Arena Fighter Model
    Guardian of the Earth Model
    Defender of the Jungle Model
    Desert Rune Mechanism Model
    Ancient Castle Juggler Decoration
    Brown Bear Puppet Doll
    Land Iron Guardian Ornament
    Air Iron Guardian Ornament
    Aslan Protector Ornament
    Light Punisher Ornament[/INDENT]

• In Chrysalia and Kulech Bones Nest: When the player kills monsters of elite level or above, he will have chance to obtain the following weapon:

[INDENT]Rare Balanced Giant Sword
    Rare Battlefront Sword
    Rare Large Battlefront Axe
    Rare Dragonsleeper's Handaxe
    Rare Scourge Hammer
    Rare Balanced Small Hammer
    Rare Scourge Bow
    Rare Dragonsleeper's Crossbow
    Rare Battlefront Dagger
    Rare Scourge Cane
    Rare Balanced Staff[/INDENT]
    Siege War:

• Fixed the bug that the vehicles are floating in the air when being moved to the slope.

Quest:

• Chrysalia’s main line quest - Military Emergency: The bug has been fixed and the quest works properly now. A new respawn system has been added to the quest NPC.
    • The required amount of the quest item for the following quests has been changed to 5.
      Collect Boar Tusks
      Sharp Bear Claw
      Spider Venom
    • Quest Former Brother-In-Arms: The bug in the dialogues has been fixed. Please talk to Jill Ayekin a few times - you will be able to complete the quest afterwards.

Effect:

• Recipe - Decorative Heirloom Shoulder Guards: the product of the recipe will be Fine Darkness Trousers.
    • Sardo Castle: the range of Boss Horatios Tia’s energy search has been changed from 400 to 350.

- The range of energy search of Boss Andoneo in the instance Kulech Bone Nest has been increased from 800 to 1000. [/COLOR]
    [/INDENT]

[INDENT] Last edited by Heijoshin; Today at 11:14. [/INDENT]

• Today, 10:11 #2
    [B]Zuri[/B]

Gameforge

Join Date13.03.2012

[h=2][/h] [INDENT] [COLOR=#3399FF !important] Festival of Fire Overview

• Festival Activities conducted in Silverspring, Dust Devil Canyon and Thunderhoof Hills.
    • Festival NPCs will be located at: Varanas, Silverspring, Dust Devil Canyon, Dalanis City
    • 8 Festival Events

Party Pest Control

• Event type: find and defeat
    • Start location: Varanas Central Plaza
    • Event location: Varanas Gates
    • Event Target: Find mice and drive them away with the use of the Flame Altar

Light the Pyre!

• Event type: Help NPC/Control Fire
    • Start location: Thunderhoof Hills, outside Dalanis City
    • Event location: Thunderhoof Hills, outside Dalanis City
    • Event Target: Control the fire with water and cataylised runes as the NPC wants it

Drive Beast

• Event type: Help NPC, defeat monster
    • Start location: Varanas Bridge
    • Event location: Dust Devil Canyon
    • Event Target: (Group Quest) Defeat the Ice or Fire monster by either assisting NPC or assisting your group.

Epidemic

• Event type: Cure Monsters
    • Start location: Varanas Bridge
    • Event location: Silverspring (Around Varanas Gates)
    • Event Target: Cure the sick monsters with Flame Powder.

Iron Chef

• Event type: Collect Items & Cook
    • Start location: Varanas Gates
    • Event location: Silverspring - Oblivion Shrine
    • Event Target: Collect food in Silverspring and cook it at Varanas Central Plaza

Flame Fortune

• Event type: Help NPC/Collecting Points
    • Event location: Taborea
    • Event Target: Collect Runes in the Magic Circle and throw them at the Altar.

Rune Chessboard

• Event type: mini-game
    • Start location: Next to bridge in front of Varanas
    • Event Target: Align one or more lines of crystals of the same color to obtain points

Ignite the Holy Fire Altar
    - Event type: mini-game
    - Start location: Next to bridge in front of Varanas
    - Event Sequence:[INDENT=2]Event commences daily at 12:30am, 4:30am, 8:30am, 12:30pm, 4:30pm, 8:30pm, registration begins 10 minutes before the event commences.
    Register, hop into one chariot and drive along the line of altars that need to get ignited[/INDENT]
    [/COLOR]
    [/INDENT]

Tuesday, February 26th 2013, 1:36pm

Comments:

1) Festival of Fire - No valentine day fest this year at all?

2) Increase of the stack amount of some itemshop items - puri? Please say "puri"

3) Adjustments to lv45-lv65 quests XP - I wonder if it went up.

4) Weapon drop on elite mobs - wasn't that happening already? I recall them dropping

5) Quest Former Brother-In-Arms - huh. But that was fixed before. Has GF implemented ninja fix before the official fix? Oh, and what about Secret of a Deceit?
-- Rustyx --- 92R / 92S / 92M on Reni (Guild KnightShift). Yes, running the new FOTM R/M, cause I am not elf enough to be WD/S.

Oh, and people who have more than 3 classes are clinically insane.

RoMage

rustyx is lame rogue

Mood: Unsure

Tuesday, February 26th 2013, 1:41pm

No 1 dias sexy new dress for my alts.... :( damn.... they never will get married... :D

With new bank slot for IS items, puri really does not have to stack at all...

I wonder about quest XP as well. Any more info?

No info on new constellation pet either...

Kroagnon

The Dungeon Keeper

Tuesday, February 26th 2013, 2:08pm

Quoted from "vfwiffo;590240"

Comments:

2) Increase of the stack amount of some itemshop items - puri? Please say "puri"

3) Adjustments to lv45-lv65 quests XP - I wonder if it went up.

4) Weapon drop on elite mobs - wasn't that happening already? I recall them dropping

5) Quest Former Brother-In-Arms - huh. But that was fixed before. Has GF implemented ninja fix before the official fix? Oh, and what about Secret of a Deceit?

1. The Flower Festival (the one you just had that ran through Feb 14th) is the Valentine's Festival.
    It has been every year since 2009.
  2. Transport-related items all have stack increases to 999.
    (Went to EU forum to check this ;))
  3. Level 45-55 quests in chapter 1-2 zones were adjusted in a previous patch with some XP/TP rewards being raised.
    I'm presuming this has happened again allowing people to level through these 'dry' spots a bit faster.
    (Maybe Inferiority can stop complaining about this now. :p)
  4. pass
  5. I have no knowledge of what this entailed.

tmblake09

Professional

Tuesday, February 26th 2013, 3:31pm

SOOO excited for the increased quest xp!!!!

Level 45 quests start way back in DDC, this will be SO HELPFUL to the leveling process! And a lot of quests in Weeping Coast were missed with the last XP increase, so I'm hoping they went through and finished those. SL needed the increase badly as well as AV (AV hardly gets you half a level on double xp). And with the increased xp through LoM (because the last lvl 65 quest IS in LoM) this will prevent the xp deprevation you get from SJF through Limo. Limo didn't have near enough xp to get you from 60-62 like it was supposed to, and if you continued straight form that zone into LoM without starting at 62 you got stuck at the end of LoM as well.

VERY excited to see the changes!! Now if only they would go through the lvl 1-45 zones and fix those, that would breathe new life into the old zones again!!!!

-Oh and on a sidenote, I am beyond THRILLED that three dailies in howling mountains were fixed. Because lemme tell you, EVERYBODY does those, and having to collect 10 tusks, claws, and venoms instead of 5 was a real time-killer.
Draden - Knight/Warrior - Heartless - Reni

RoMage

rustyx is lame rogue

Mood: Unsure

Tuesday, February 26th 2013, 3:44pm

Receiving 30K on L61 toon gets me no where close where I supposed to be...

Not sure if expending COO/Xaviera on rest of world will do good for first time player, but it would help to get more XP and level that second class as well.

tmblake09

Professional

Tuesday, February 26th 2013, 3:56pm

Quoted from "RoMage;590251"

Receiving 30K on L61 toon gets me no where close where I supposed to be...

Not sure if expending COO/Xaviera on rest of world will do good for first time player, but it would help to get more XP and level that second class as well.

I wish that daily quests were all able to just be done once a day with no limit on how many you could do. Because that would provide a stable and consistent source of xp for your secondary and tertiary class, and would also provide you with a way to level if you wipe your second or third class after having done all the quests in the game.

That would make every zone take twice as long to get through and the xp deprivation would be non-existent.
Draden - Knight/Warrior - Heartless - Reni

camagic

Professional

Tuesday, February 26th 2013, 4:04pm

I agree that increasing the xp rewards for 45-65 will make it so much easier for newer players. It will be funny/facepalm to have a new generation of players that ask: "Whats RT?"

An xp increase for quest for those levels will be helpful though, because plenty of players have brought forth the issue of the xp to level shortfall for levels 56-64. This will also help with leveling the second and third classes. And finally this should help increase the availablity of gear to help offset the increased demand for gear, as new level 77/77(ish) players should be able to solo/duo farm gcez(or at least dod) for mems, run the minigames for shells, and do the eoj event quest.
95wd/95s/65d
server artemis
Please do not "class balanace" the tactics I use.

Mood: Love

Tuesday, February 26th 2013, 4:05pm

So once again a bunch of useless stuff supposedly fixed lol and main quest line still broken. Unbounding furniture ? really?? lolll

BTW as Rustyx said, those drops in Chrysalia were already there, don't say you fixed something that was never broken, makes you guys look worse, just saying.

And what Rustyx was referring to, was the fact that on valentines day we got 1 diamond costumes, but that must be broken, so we will wait till next year.

How many alts does GM or CM have to post on the forums? seeing new names doesn't mean we actually have new people.

Rustyx, no worries, they will fix Secret of Deceit if they ever get Chapter VI out like other servers have.

They still cannot reproduce the error we are experiencing, they will contact us if they need more info ;-)

BTW Rustyx did you see his response on # 5?? LMAO, just confirmed that person doesn't play ROM AT ALL and has no clue, sad, very sad.

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98
Disturbed guild leader on mithras :thumbsup:
BTW i do live under a bridge, i am Green, i can dish it out as good as i get
There are no better server than Reni, best place to be!!!!!

Tuesday, February 26th 2013, 4:08pm

Yep stack transport stuff to 999 lolll but hell don't do the same to puri's, that would be too simple.

Marking ink?? hammers??

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98

GarySandstorm

Professional

Tuesday, February 26th 2013, 4:14pm

Quoted from "vfwiffo;590240"

Comments:

Flower festival is the valentines festival.... where were you sleeping? unless you talking about something else.
Garysandstorm(Retired)) 82S/82W/82P Artemis | The Black Tower : Council Member
Master Crafter: BS 80, AC 70, CP 80
Garysandstorm(Retired) Isiltir | Oldskool

Tuesday, February 26th 2013, 4:18pm

Every year on the 14TH we used to get 1 diamond shop costumes, that is what he meant i think and we didn't get any.

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98

Tuesday, February 26th 2013, 4:20pm

Quoted from "zidlef;590255"

BTW as Rustyx said, those drops in Chrysalia were already there, don't say you fixed something that was never broken, makes you guys look worse, just saying.

Usually big patches are both server and client side, and constitute a collection of smaller patches bundled into one. Between the client patches, they can make change to server, but rarely do.

Those items were not dropping at first, then started dropping without client patch. That means it was a server patch, and apparently applied earlier than official big patch. In other words, they look to be patching things as soon as they can, not waiting for the big client/server release. A good thing.

Quoted from "zid"

And what Rustyx was referring to, was the fact that on valentines day we got 1 diamond costumes, but that must be broken, so we will wait till next year.

Quoted from "GarySandstorm;590258"

Flower festival is the valentines festival.... where were you sleeping? unless you talking about something else.

Costumes was a sale, and we got costumes, although not 1 diamond ones. But, events were different as I recall. Little Angel/Little Devil in Varanas East/West, turning toons to frogs and princesses, broken hearts, etc. They do rotate events in and out of festivals, though; and there was some similarity in themes, yes.

Quoted

Rustyx, no worries, they will fix Secret of Deceit if they ever get Chapter VI out like other servers have.

I'll try it out, unless our EU people confirmed it was not patched. But, that Former Brother-in-Arms being patched earlier and only now patched officially tells me they are being fairly proactive in patching what they can as soon as they can. I am rather glad it was done

Quoted

BTW Rustyx did you see his response on # 5?? LMAO, just confirmed that person doesn't play ROM AT ALL and has no clue, sad, very sad.

#5 was about the server patches, and mentors have less knowledge about server patches than CMs/GMs do. There was nothing wrong with that response.
-- Rustyx --- 92R / 92S / 92M on Reni (Guild KnightShift). Yes, running the new FOTM R/M, cause I am not elf enough to be WD/S.

Oh, and people who have more than 3 classes are clinically insane.

Tuesday, February 26th 2013, 4:21pm

I LOVE YOUR POST RUSTYX!!!!!!! just saying

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98

Tuesday, February 26th 2013, 4:23pm

Sorry i keep forgetting the last GM Dionaea was the best we had in a long time and now we only get people who deletes post, my bad. Those people do not play the game, i'm sorry for mentionning #5 ;-( sorry

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98

Tuesday, February 26th 2013, 4:32pm

Quoted

[COLOR=white !important]Siege War:

• Fixed the bug that the vehicles are floating in the air when being moved to the slope.

[/COLOR]

because of all the siege bugs > invisible gates, electrics breaking gates, flames shooting through walls, guards lured to gates, people jumping over walls > vehicles floating in air was the one you 'fixed' thank you good job

/sarcasm
98/98/61 osha p/k/r
overheard in guildchat: "Its RoM if you're not lagging, you've crashed" "from your lips to frog's ears"

Tuesday, February 26th 2013, 4:33pm

The exp increase should be nice, as 55-65 is the most difficult level range in the game seeing how there's not even close to enough exp to get through those zones without double exp going on. I hope it was actually a noticeable increase, and not just like "added 10k to Limo quests."

Quoted from "vfwiffo;590260"

Costumes was a sale, and we got costumes, although not 1 diamond ones. But, events were different as I recall. Little Angel/Little Devil in Varanas East/West, turning toons to frogs and princesses, broken hearts, etc. They do rotate events in and out of festivals, though; and there was some similarity in themes, yes.

I thought the Little Angel/Devil and Frog/Princess things were from the Storytelling Festival, though I could be remembering wrong.

Formerly Catorii, D/S/M of Faction.

camagic

Professional

Tuesday, February 26th 2013, 4:36pm

Quoted from "zidlef;590259"

Every year on the 14TH we used to get 1 diamond shop costumes, that is what he meant i think and we didn't get any.

The german servers got the 1 dia costume sale, we got the regular priced costumes in the item shop for 1 day.
95wd/95s/65d
server artemis
Please do not "class balanace" the tactics I use.

Tuesday, February 26th 2013, 4:38pm

Quoted from "lemony2;590265"

because of all the siege bugs > invisible gates, electrics breaking gates, flames shooting through walls, guards lured to gates, people jumping over walls > vehicles floating in air was the one you 'fixed' thank you good job

/sarcasm

Well now that it is fixed let'S use Vehicules again lollll.

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98

Tuesday, February 26th 2013, 4:40pm

Quoted from "camagic;590267"

The german servers got the 1 dia costume sale, we got the regular priced costumes in the item shop for 1 day.

Well that just shows that we are the unwanted adopted red-haired stepchild of Gameforge. tyvm

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98