You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "zidlef" started this thread

Mood: Love

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 6:49am

Runes of magic meeting with ThePit

Here's my audio file of the meeting of the guild leaders of US servers with ThePit and Mika that occured today.

I wanna thank them for giving us this opportunity to let us know where they are going with the game and things to come. I want to thank the guild leaders that have showed up to ask questions and getting answers ;-)

https://mega.co.nz/#!vdtyha5J!X0OZrk7OES…SugMGTJUyXIrloc

i think it's 40 meg files for about 2H45 long, enjoy tyvm.

Zidlef :o

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98
Disturbed guild leader on mithras :thumbsup:
BTW i do live under a bridge, i am Green, i can dish it out as good as i get
There are no better server than Reni, best place to be!!!!!

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 7:03am

thanx Ziddy

Bacon ... Nuff said

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 3:14pm

Thanks. Surprisingly fast download for something that seems to be hosted in New Zealand. Now I can listen first-hand to what my guildies described as "what is your favorite food" meeting. Yay!

Listening... Pit is pottymouth. Let's just say his language is little... salty... for an official corporate meeting.
-- Rustyx --- 92R / 92S / 92M on Reni (Guild KnightShift). Yes, running the new FOTM R/M, cause I am not elf enough to be WD/S.

Oh, and people who have more than 3 classes are clinically insane.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "vfwiffo" (Sep 22nd 2013, 4:16pm)

Amberwave

Intermediate

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 4:45pm

I know I am selfish, but would someone post the highlights of the meeting.
Ariés 87S/87Wd/87R/61M/33W/1D Truejustice 87 P/ 61 K/ 54 S

Illuminae

gigilomann

XxXGigilomannXxX

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 5:35pm

Agreed^ with AMber, rather not download it if I don't have to.
For you to live or die is in my hands, In Gigi we trust.

-"Retired as one of the best, Will always be remembered for KT, RT->RT Dia, and GCH"- -Palenque- -XxXGigilomannXxX- -P/K/S-

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 6:09pm

Here are some things that struck me

Essentially the game is under a different management. While it is still Gameforge, it looks like the move from Berlin to Karlsruhe ended up with essentially a whole lot of new people working on it. That means things are expected to be fairly different. I'd be careful drawing the lines from past to present.

There is a lot of cleanup. Tickets were backlogged, and a lot, they are apparently cleared now. Some other processes that were a bit of a mess were straightened and organized.

The recent rash of hacking and duping problems is a huge mess to clean up, requiring tons of effort. There were thousands of accounts (5k or 6k, don't remember) being banned. The number of duped items is huge, about a mil. That is being worked on, and measures are being taken to combat. Some too effective - it seemed that login problems were due to accounts being falsely flagged as problematic. But that happens when you have to essentially try to repair on the fly.

The GF-RW communication is still not as good as one would hope, but effort is being made. I am sure most people noticed that player base communication is being focused on, with expanded presence on forums.

Item shop revamp is being considered, but it needs to be coordinated across what people in different countries want. Hopefully they want fairly similar things from item shop as we do. Yes, they realize that sales have been unsatisfying lately and need fixing.

Several game issues were brought up that are up to RW. Obviously nothing much they can do besides try to coordinate better with RW.

I am sure other people have different highlights.

Oh, and Zid (he got to talk a bit) sounded surprisingly sane. I expected more evil laughter and lose-cannonism. But, since he uploaded the recording, there is a good chance he just edited out those parts.
-- Rustyx --- 92R / 92S / 92M on Reni (Guild KnightShift). Yes, running the new FOTM R/M, cause I am not elf enough to be WD/S.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "vfwiffo" (Sep 22nd 2013, 6:18pm)

• "zidlef" started this thread

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 6:40pm

Well tyvm Rustyx for the summary, you put all the important stuff in your post tyvm.

I am Disturbed not insane, you should know that loll.

But you forgot to mention what favorite food they like, damn Ghostlord with his pointless questions lolll.

tyvm Rustyx ;-)

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98
Disturbed guild leader on mithras :thumbsup:
BTW i do live under a bridge, i am Green, i can dish it out as good as i get
There are no better server than Reni, best place to be!!!!!

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 7:01pm

He-he... didn't get to "favorite food" part. I only listened to 1:50, not the full 2:50 so far.

I know other subjects were brought up from what guildies told me. E.g, they said the siege time slide was asked about, I didn't get to hear that yet.

Oh... umm... bratwurst? Was that the answer?

Lemonater

Professional

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 8:37pm

Me done did heard that Thepit's mouth be worse than a sailors. That do be alot, comin from me. Me would rather no listen ter such abuse, so me tis waitin fer summaries from everyone else. I doth finder it amazin that they be bannin ppl fer swearin in world chat, but Thepit can run his filth as much as he liketh. Lets have some consistency, plz.
Every day should done be "International Talk Like a Pirate Day."

Cike

Rogue

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 9:55pm

Me done did heard that Thepit's mouth be worse than a sailors. That do be alot, comin from me. Me would rather no listen ter such abuse, so me tis waitin fer summaries from everyone else. I doth finder it amazin that they be bannin ppl fer swearin in world chat, but Thepit can run his filth as much as he liketh. Lets have some consistency, plz.

i was gonna comment about this myself...the language ThePit used completely compromised the legitimacy of "language" as a reason to be banned...now "language" is just a BS excuse to ban someone they don't like...
my r/p can outdps r/m. your name is stupid.

mages should stack dex. word.

Mood: W00t

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 10:10pm

Go out somewhere and listen , you will hear worse language in 30 mins than you will listening to the whole meeting.

New Avatar selected by Kali

Cike

Rogue

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 10:20pm

that's not the point...the point is people are getting bans as we speak with "language" as a reason...and if GF is going to talk to their community like that, then turn around and ban people for talking to each other like that, it's almost like an abusive parent telling one of their children to quit hitting the other...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Cike" (Sep 22nd 2013, 11:26pm)

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 10:44pm

I think there should be a different response to be saying this is f*ed up and me telling someone to go....special words here
Darwec R/wd/m :DThe Rogue Guide
EOJs Mems and Shells
The continuous cries for "oh, make things harder on people who don't spend real money" is driving this game into the dirt. This game isn't funded by pay to play players. Its funded by the people who go out and farm all your stats and hard mode gear for you to buy.

Cike

Rogue

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 10:49pm

but foul language is foul language, no matter the context...plus, telling somebody to go to... would probably end up under "harassment" or some other category...

Amberwave

Intermediate

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 11:24pm

Go out somewhere and listen , you will hear worse language in 30 mins than you will listening to the whole meeting.

This is ridicules. At not time do i go out in public and hear people just curse as part of general conversation. There is a huge difference between being with your friends and being a little loose with what you say, and being in a public forum. The last time we went down this road, well, just ask Zeylon about it.
Ariés 87S/87Wd/87R/61M/33W/1D Truejustice 87 P/ 61 K/ 54 S

Illuminae

ruisen2000

not a wallet warrior

Mood: Blink

Monday, September 23rd 2013, 12:05am

In that case, people shouldn't be banned for it. The rules dictate that such language is unacceptable, yet if its used by ThePit, vulgar language suddenly becomes "ok".

GF needs to make up their mind. They have to be either unacceptable or acceptable. You can't give different answers based on who is the person using the language.
Noblewarrior
lv 98/98/89/60 M/W/P/K
Kikosi 98/50/60 Wl/Ch/M
the fail clothie tank~

Inactive

Monday, September 23rd 2013, 1:09am

Cmon people i dont recall seeing anywhere that the voice server was not allowed to swear.
I listened to the whole thing ALL of it right down to Dar gonna sing and it wasnt that bad.
So its ok for rappers and musicians to swear all the time? And how about tv shows?and movies.......
Game has rules to keep it from becoming anarchy,same as the forums.
I believe the swearing to symbolize just how much some of these issues upset him.
The pitbull was not in game or on the forums.so rules for those are moot.end of story.
And yes he could have gotten his point across without dropping bombs but when someone talks in this fashion it tells me that they are upset and that they do give a damn about the game and the players.

Its not like we didnt know there would be profanity.....
I believe Yoman told us this after the meeting with german guild leaders.

And honestly i almost quit because of people using language like that in world ALL the time.
If you dont like the language dont listen to it.
And i filled my bl with people that were cussin in game. So my problem was solved and i didnt quit.
moonlight was totally right go to any bar or construction site and have a listen.
I just dont get it you people complain about every little thing like children.
QQ there isnt enough communication then when they do communicate on a voice server you QQ more.
You should be ashamed of yourselves.
Zymologist wl/ch/m/p
Matronmalice p/s/m
Ceviche wl/ch

Monday, September 23rd 2013, 1:17am

IDK if my download is messed up but the last like...15 minutes is just the sound of the ts chat pinging away.

And my copy does not include any promises of me singing. That is certainly not a thing i promised.
Darwec R/wd/m :DThe Rogue Guide
EOJs Mems and Shells
The continuous cries for "oh, make things harder on people who don't spend real money" is driving this game into the dirt. This game isn't funded by pay to play players. Its funded by the people who go out and farm all your stats and hard mode gear for you to buy.

Cike

Rogue

Monday, September 23rd 2013, 1:25am

i have no issue with swearing personally, what i have an issue with is the fact that under GF, cussing is "not ok(aka bannable offense)", yet here is an employee employing such language...

for me, it has nothing to do with the moral dilemma of swearing, it has to do with the fact that GF can't even live up to the rules they put in place for their players, who get banned for the exact same action the employee engaged in...

if i have to follow the rules, i would expect those who make the rules to respect them also...it's honestly the least they can do...or else we might as well just toss the rulebook out the window, because it doesn't mean anything, having lost all legitimacy due to hypocrisy...

SaitoHajime

Unregistered

Monday, September 23rd 2013, 1:33am

You can complain when you see him use these words ingame or on the forums, which is where these rules you all ramble about apply.
I do read the german forums and haven't seen him curse like that there, and I personally haven't seen him ingame at all so far but I doubt he curses there like that ;).