You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, December 11th 2013, 5:10am

Where is christmas this year???

MERRY CHRISTMAS, THE GEAR YOU JUST TIERED UP IS USELESS!!!!

Honestly this is not what I wanted to hear when I logged on tonight. Level 82 was awful, the zone was boring and the main instance is a pain in the neck. When level 82 was dropped on us like a brick on a broken toe, I ignored it, I had already sunk a ton of money into my toon at level 80 and there was no way that I was going to upgrade. A few months later now, you are telling us to get ready for level 85, are you kidding me? Half the damn time we cant play because of the lag, add in random server shut downs, not enough quests to level all three classes, siege is a giant disaster, Diamonds cost 34 million gold per 100, and special items like costumes and christmas furniture are now 150 dias instead of 1 diamond. Your christmas spirit is really showing with that 150% markup and that crap you guys call an advent calendar. The Grinch really hit gameforge this year didn't it?

Btw, why give us the juice festival in December????? Where did the christmas tree's go, where is the snow? Did the Grinch steal christmas too?????

FIX STUFF STOP ADDING MORE LEVELS ON TOP OF A BROKEN GAME!!!!!! :dash:

Wednesday, December 11th 2013, 5:17am

I think someone is getting a piece of coal in his stocking. Either that or much needed "how to win friends and influence people for dummies" book.
-- Rustyx --- 92R / 92S / 92M on Reni (Guild KnightShift). Yes, running the new FOTM R/M, cause I am not elf enough to be WD/S.

Oh, and people who have more than 3 classes are clinically insane.

Wednesday, December 11th 2013, 5:24am

MERRY CHRISTMAS, THE GEAR YOU JUST TIERED UP IS USELESS!!!!

Honestly this is not what I wanted to hear when I logged on tonight. Level 82 was awful, the zone was boring and the main instance is a pain in the neck. When level 82 was dropped on us like a brick on a broken toe, I ignored it, I had already sunk a ton of money into my toon at level 80 and there was no way that I was going to upgrade. A few months later now, you are telling us to get ready for level 85, are you kidding me?

They told us a long time ago that 85 was coming in decemeber, it's not like this was suddenly revealed to us.

Half the damn time we cant play because of the lag, add in random server shut downs,

You are not unique in having lag issues, but you are also not the majority. I'm sorry you're having the issues you are, but there are ways to get around it/lessen it.

not enough quests to level all three classes,

After level 55, when has there EVER been enough quests in those zones to level all three of your classes?

siege is a giant disaster,

Please elaborate on the "giant disaster". What specifically is the disaster? Sure there are numerous issues with siege, but it is still very playable.

Diamonds cost 34 million gold per 100,

Rage at your fellow players about this one as they are the ones setting the prices and the ones buying at those prices. GF has zero to do with the prices of diamonds posted by players.

and special items like costumes and christmas furniture are now 150 dias instead of 1 diamond. Your christmas spirit is really showing with that 150% markup and that crap you guys call an advent calendar. The Grinch really hit gameforge this year didn't it?

If you don't like the prices, don't buy em. It's that simple. Yes the prices aren't cool with most players, but just because something is there means you HAVE to buy it at those prices.

Btw, why give us the juice festival in December????? Where did the christmas tree's go, where is the snow? Did the Grinch steal christmas too?????

Again, this is something GF told us a few months ago. Players knew this was coming. They have also said that there will be a snowflake festival this year. The Diary.

FIX STUFF STOP ADDING MORE LEVELS ON TOP OF A BROKEN GAME!!!!!! :dash:

Responses in bold.

Wednesday, December 11th 2013, 6:28am

I think the diary is a rather poor example of the "plan"

Quoted

From today we started writting RoM diary in which you will be informed about our latest plans, actions, schedules and generally about future of RoM.
It won't be written on regular basis.
Sometimes we will have one entry per week, sometimes one per month and sometimes it might happen that we write here more often.

So the diary was ... one day
A lot of the great leaps and bounds of communication with the community just kinda die off like that over and over again like rebooted marketing campaigns
A real sysadmin knows how to change the time.
If you make the same mistake while trying to make up for the previous one, you are doing something wrong.

As much as I'd love to say I offer consulting services, the scope of things broken is too large.

Wednesday, December 11th 2013, 6:46am

Never said it was the "plan" but so far they have followed it, so there isn't really any reason to believe otherwise. Granted it is GF and their track record isn't amazing, but to this point they've done what they said they would.

Lamillie

Trainee

Wednesday, December 11th 2013, 10:31am

Where is christmas this year???

Moved from suggestions

Wednesday, December 11th 2013, 11:12am

lol, yeah

I think I hit my personal breaking point with this game when I found out they messed up the snowflake festival as well

until then I didnt mind so much but geez, does anyone who makes these decisions actually celebrate the holidays they're themed after? who the hell starts to celebrate halloween the day before and continues through into december?

if juice is out now when is snowflake gonna be? out to replace the vday events?

oh wait, we were told at one point it may not happen at all, but if it does it looks like it's gonna be way past the Holiday it's themed after and that they're attempting to celebrate elsewhere around the site.

I can handle mistakes and glitches, but this was a choice they made and it's just sad.

Wednesday, December 11th 2013, 11:17am

lol, yeah

I think I hit my personal breaking point with this game when I found out they messed up the snowflake festival as well

until then I didnt mind so much but geez, does anyone who makes these decisions actually celebrate the holidays they're themed after? who the hell starts to celebrate halloween the day before and continues through into december?

if juice is out now when is snowflake gonna be? out to replace the vday events?

oh wait, we were told at one point it may not happen at all, but if it does it looks like it's gonna be way past the Holiday it's themed after and that they're attempting to celebrate elsewhere around the site.

I can handle mistakes and glitches, but this was a choice they made and it's just sad.

If you were around during the sarlo patch, you'd know that it screwed up a lot of stuff. Because of that and the time it took it to get it fixed, it pushed events back and even skipped the story telling event. Everyone is forgetting that the Sarlo problem was the root cause of all this. It's not like GF has it planned to celebrate holiday events post holiday.

People just need to take a breather and relax. The Snowflake festival is still going to happen, just a couple weeks later than the original plan I'm sure.

Wednesday, December 11th 2013, 11:36am

I've been around since.... the end of year one?

something like that

Yeah, there were issues. They still made the choices to rearrange the festivals - which ones to put in and when

the patch issue was a bug/glitch, but the choices they made afterwards were still their choices - they coulda just started running events from the point they had things under control enough to run them again for example. but no, they hadda go do things half ass backwards, almost literally from a timing perspective for the events.

Cike

Rogue

Wednesday, December 11th 2013, 12:52pm

I just LoL'd at this thread...was very entertaining...thank you OP...

rage on, OP, rage on...
my r/p can outdps r/m. your name is stupid.

mages should stack dex. word.

Wednesday, December 11th 2013, 12:58pm

So let me understand this. You're saying that at anytime GF can patch in an event, they are just choosing not to to do it in a timely manner this year. The patch content (including festivals) has nothing to do with when GF gets the patches from RW. Is that the basis of your argument? It's been said so many times the horse's family has been beaten dead that RW supplies the patch content, GF just installs it and tried to fix some of the smaller bugs with it. Major bugs are sent back to RW to fix.

I really don't understand why you think GF is doing all this on purpose. They opted to skip one event entirely trying to get the events back on a schedule that is close to what it should be, they've also said that before the end of the year (which is 3 weeks away) that players will have the snowflake festival. I really don't see what all the uproar is about honestly, you're still getting the event you want, it's just been delayed slightly.

Wednesday, December 11th 2013, 1:08pm

I tend to group the entire thing under a global them/they when it comes to such things - at whoever is responsible. I see the OP did mention GF specifically part way down their post but Im being more universal with my ranting.

I wanna celebrate Xmas in January (if at all, which is still possible) about as much as I wanted to celebrate Halloween in November.

Wednesday, December 11th 2013, 1:16pm

I really don't see what all the uproar is about honestly, you're still getting the event you want, it's just been delayed slightly.

Some people have a need to be wronged. It is a lot easier to live with you failures if you convince yourself that they are someone else's fault.

Usually, when you see incoherent angry rant with no rhyme or reason, it is better to just poke the perpetrator with a stick and move on. There is little to be gained attempting to engage them. :miffy:
-- Rustyx --- 92R / 92S / 92M on Reni (Guild KnightShift). Yes, running the new FOTM R/M, cause I am not elf enough to be WD/S.

Oh, and people who have more than 3 classes are clinically insane.

Mood: Love

Wednesday, December 11th 2013, 1:19pm

Well if everyone remembers correctly, winter festival started last year a few days before christmas, like the 22nd or 23rd, so they are on par with what was done before. You complain that you have to upgrade your level 80 gear to 85?? like really?? You are probably one of those PvP players that always need to have the latest gear and stats, well bouhouhou, as Rustyx said : piece of coal!!!

Go cry us a river somewhere else, don't like the cost of gear and statting up, go play Minecraft. I will be keeping most of my level 80 gear, we will run all the instances we have now in guild and with friends to get set skills and FUN!!!.

What is your OP guild won't accept you on runs if you do not have the latest stats and gear? you will be put aside from them? QQ more. Learn to play for fun and enjoyement. Wanna be on top and OP, suck it up and gear up.

Also remember that people ran RT/KT with HOS gear for a long time, T4 gear was top!!!! now most people have T7 or T8 gear to run instances and 6 or 7 man Hardmode. Gear less and get 12 people in your hardmode parties and you'll be fine with your OLD level 80 gear, lollllll lmao

Anyways rage on since you probably ate your spacebar already

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98
Disturbed guild leader on mithras :thumbsup:
BTW i do live under a bridge, i am Green, i can dish it out as good as i get
There are no better server than Reni, best place to be!!!!!

Beren

Board Administrator and Super GameMaster

Mood: Evil

Wednesday, December 11th 2013, 1:38pm

I have been keeping a close eye on this thread and believe it's time to close it.

~ Beren

/Closed