You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, September 24th 2014, 5:25pm

The future of ROM

• What can we expect in the future for Runes Of Magic.
  • Will Siege War ever be out of BETA.
  • Will they ADVERTISE the game for being one of the 'Best International PC Game 2009' 5 years i know.
  • Will they improve the game lagging issue.
  • So when will Runes Of Magic aim for a new Award ?
  • Reader's Choice Best Crafting in a 2009 MMO
    Reader's Choice Best PvP in a 2009 MMO
    Reader's Choice Best Capacity for Role play in a 2009 MMO
    Reader's Choice Best Free-to-Play MMO of 2009
    Reader's Choice Best Visuals/Graphics
    Reader's Choice Best MMO Studio of 2009 (Frogster) now (GameForge)
    Reader's Choice Best Launch of 2009
    Staff Choice Best Launch of 2009
    Reader's Choice Overall Best New MMO of 2009
  • When will u listen to the players for once ?
I tried my best if any players would like to add anything else feel free.
Most of these sound stupid to bring up but anyways why not ask.

Tuulikki

International man of mystery

Wednesday, September 24th 2014, 10:53pm

Hey there. Since English is not your native language please allow me to explain: When you ask a question that you already know the answer to, that is called a rhetorical question. Hope that helps :)
Titaia (100/100/55 M/P/K), Safia (100/100/75/60 K/P/W/S) - Badkitty
Vivecka (100/100/60 Wd/W/S), Tuulikki (100/100/84 Wd/W/S) - Unity
Vanora (100/70/70 D/Wd/S), Morz (100/100/83 R/S/Wd) - Aurora

Quote: "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, September 24th 2014, 11:52pm

ThePit said in the TeamSpeak 3 meeting with RoM guild leaders, the game WILL NOT be advertised until it deserves to. That means, when they fix all the bugs, ban all the hackers/dupers/botters etc. That being said, do not expect this to be done any time soon. Gameforge does care about their players more than Frogster did, by far. However, Runewaker still doesn't care at all for their players on RoM, instead they have their main focus on other games. Sad right? All Gameforge is, is a 'technical' messenger to Runewaker, telling them what bugs/exploits etc need to be fixed, and then give runewaker months or longer to respond with some sort of possible patch/answer.

When will u listen to players for once ?
Once again, Gameforge is doing their job to the best of their ability, the problem is with Runewaker. Gameforge might not know the 'answer' to most of your questions, such as "Will Siege War ever be out of BETA?" OR they will not want to let the community, or what's left of it, know before Patch Notes are released. With new games and better graphics coming out, I don't think Runes of Magic will be receiving another 'major' reward of some sort. Many of these questions have been asked before, and answered again and again. You might just have to look in the right places. As to Tuulikki's reply, what he means by that as MOST LIKELY, none of this will ever happen. :dash:
TheNewSlash (Mage/Warden/Warrior) ~ Veni, Vidi, Vici. ~ Mithras
Noxlupus (Warlock/Champion/Mage/Warrior/Rogue/Priest) ~ Corruption ~ Mithras

FarmerTom

Professional

Thursday, September 25th 2014, 12:11am

question? didnt the pit... and most other gms around the time of that meeting... gone on to greener pastures already? lol not sure if viable info anymore. idk
Misguidedknight 72S/72K/70R Retired
Cerburus 100Wd/100S/100W/100R/100D/70M
Misguided 100CH/100R/100M/68WL/88P/52W
Sober 100K/60P/60W <-best toon name for anyone that knows me :)

Once proud co-leader of Exiled Demon Horde.
Been on multiple servors
Started playing around lvl 55 Cap...

Easycompany

JarretGov

Trainee

Occupation: Training Coordinator, DSP, Bouncer, Cook, Stagehand and Rock Star

Mood: Cursing

Thursday, September 25th 2014, 4:04am

Yep i agree with Cerb... everyone keepsquoting ThePit but he doesn't even work here anymore..... skip ahead to the next spot on your broken records.....
Jarret: Wd/R/W/M/S/D 90/87/90/26/1/1
Holy's right hand and Second in Command @ Heavensfury
Card Farmer
Govinda

WhiteFlour

White FLour White Flour White Flour

Thursday, September 25th 2014, 8:36am

ThePit said in the TeamSpeak 3 meeting with RoM guild leaders, the game WILL NOT be advertised until it deserves to. That means, when they fix all the bugs, ban all the hackers/dupers/botters etc. That being said, do not expect this to be done any time soon. Gameforge does care about their players more than Frogster did, by far. However, Runewaker still doesn't care at all for their players on RoM, instead they have their main focus on other games. Sad right? All Gameforge is, is a 'technical' messenger to Runewaker, telling them what bugs/exploits etc need to be fixed, and then give runewaker months or longer to respond with some sort of possible patch/answer.
Who is Thepit and why do we care about something that was said probably 2 years ago :?:

I agree with jarret who agreed with cerb.

bleedingblak

I'm here to troll you

Mood: Crying

Thursday, September 25th 2014, 9:36am

ThePit was the original CM when gameforge took over frogster. He was basically the guy who said what was going to happen when gameforge just started with rom.

I really don't see a future in rom. I don't see another community being built, or enough new players coming into this game anytime soon (or soon enough for the servers to belly up). What we have here is probably all we will get, and all we have ingame is what will we have for the rest of rom's eternity.

It's apparent that runewaker has no plans for adjustments. Instance after instance has came out with no more balances to any classes since... I don't know.

Scary for some.

~Fly into the distance, disappear for awhile~

Asphodelix

Professional

Thursday, September 25th 2014, 5:36pm

If they would fix the lag and half the prices of everything they sell the game would be deserving to be advertized the lag is the worst issue in my eyes i used to be able to laugh at those that had lag now i have lag and want to cry when im in gg and crash

The send report to runewaker when you crash doenst even work anymore at ALL if it ever did RW needs to get off its high horse and get in the mud get dirty and FIX THINGS it can't be that hard i may not be all that techy but i do know some things

M/D/R/W 92/83/50/50

Tuulikki

Thursday, September 25th 2014, 7:58pm

If they would fix the lag and half the prices of everything they sell the game would be deserving to be advertized the lag is the worst issue in my eyes i used to be able to laugh at those that had lag now i have lag and want to cry when im in gg and crash

The send report to runewaker when you crash doenst even work anymore at ALL if it ever did RW needs to get off its high horse and get in the mud get dirty and FIX THINGS it can't be that hard i may not be all that techy but i do know some things

Adding a business perspective.

Developers develop new content and fix problems but they don’t do it for free. Everything wrong with the game COULD be fixed if enough money was committed towards it. However, since this is an older MMORPG, GF and RW have to make business decisions on how much to invest into the game at this point. In other words, if the changes will provide a good return on their investment they do it otherwise they do not.

Take the lag example. This is nothing new in RoM. This has been going on since I started playing in 2012 and players have been complaining about the lag on the forums for even longer. Has the lag cost the company some players? I’m sure a few folks stopped because of it, but for the most part people keep coming back. If a lot of people stopped playing because of it, then more than likely it would be fixed because it would be a good business decision at that point.

I do get it. For many players their RoM experiences are in many ways digital extensions of themselves. It becomes personal to them when they perceive things to be unfair and they can be overly optimistic about devs and publishers doing “the right thing” in their minds with regard to the overall gaming experience.

Unfortunately to the devs and publishers this is part of their business. This is their day job, how they make their money and support their families. This doesn’t make them good or bad people, just people with a different perspective on things. They will do what makes the company money. They will not do things that don’t make the company money because then they will be out of a job.

aardvark3

Professional

Thursday, September 25th 2014, 8:13pm

Currently many if not most players are in the stand-by mode. Doing just enough to keep their characters reasonably current. Holding off on spending any real money to avoid throwing good money after bad on a game where no one knows what is going on or if it has a future. When new content and levels are added they rush through them in a couple of days then pretty much back off and wait to see if the real changes needed to save the game are ever going to take place. Lag has never gotten really better, classes are totally out of balance and 5 plus years of complaining on the forums has fallen on deaf ears. Siege is still in beta (actually alpha) to put it kindly..
The game and the players are in a holding pattern waiting for the game to be closed out and fixed. There appears to be nothing that offers much hope that is going to be fixed.

Asphodelix

Professional

Thursday, September 25th 2014, 11:35pm

While the players that have played through the lag yes they normally keep coming back however the lag eventually frustrates people away anyway and new players just don't stay for long because of it there are a few new players here and there on reni but not many and im not sure they stay in the game exactly either

M/D/R/W 92/83/50/50

bleedingblak

I'm here to troll you

Friday, September 26th 2014, 2:55am

I think if the shop content manager would just convert the diamonds into USD or EUROS, he would see how expensive everything is. So instead of him seeing 39 dias, he sees that it's actually (however much that is).

~Fly into the distance, disappear for awhile~

Asphodelix

Professional

Friday, September 26th 2014, 3:39pm

The 2 main problems with rom that drives people away

1. The lag
2. Dia's

$40 barely gets you anything 1k dia without a sale if $20 could at least get 1k dia the game would make more money cuz more can spare $20 than $40 i used to spend $40 a week now i just spend on sales i still buy the cards but i save em for sales

And truthfully a better balance between free to play and pay to win
While yea gf makes no money but i do belive there are more free to play people than pay to play and if the free to play people don't have gear things can't be run as easily as they could otherwise.

M/D/R/W 92/83/50/50

Gutterboy

Intermediate

Saturday, September 27th 2014, 6:47am

1. The lag
2. Dia's

I don't think you could be farther off if you tried.. No offense.

1. Class Balance (Or lack thereof)
2. The same suggestions being made hundreds of times over by different players and not being implemented.

Damn near every problem this game is facing has been solved by this community in one way or several. Nothing is ever done about it and frankly we are tired of suggesting things so it falls into the territory of complaining.

My relationship with this game (and many others like me) has become that of the old couple that hates each other but its too late to move on and find someone else so they just stick around and deal with it until one of them dies..

Pretty sad.
Mongosmash - Once upon a time I played this game.

Mongo's W/M Guide

VeniVidiVici

Tuulikki

Saturday, September 27th 2014, 9:08pm

1. The lag
2. Dia's

I don't think you could be farther off if you tried.. No offense.

1. Class Balance (Or lack thereof)
2. The same suggestions being made hundreds of times over by different players and not being implemented.

Damn near every problem this game is facing has been solved by this community in one way or several. Nothing is ever done about it and frankly we are tired of suggesting things so it falls into the territory of complaining.

My relationship with this game (and many others like me) has become that of the old couple that hates each other but its too late to move on and find someone else so they just stick around and deal with it until one of them dies..

Pretty sad.
Actually you are both most likely correct as well as many others who have expressed their reasons they feel the game has gotten to its current state. The list is probably quite long since everyone has a different opinion on what is and what is not a deal breaker for them. :)

Gutterboy

Intermediate

Sunday, September 28th 2014, 12:48am

Actually you are both most likely correct as well as many others who have expressed their reasons they feel the game has gotten to its current state. The list is probably quite long since everyone has a different opinion on what is and what is not a deal breaker for them. :)

I'm not sharing my opinion on what I think is wrong with the game. I was pointing out that his list of "2 main problems that drive people away" Are not even close to the 2 "MAIN" problems.

Yes his are indeed problems that people complain about but not to the scale that people complain about class balance or bugging issues with the game (Siege, instance balance, etc..)
Mongosmash - Once upon a time I played this game.

Mongo's W/M Guide

VeniVidiVici

Asphodelix

Professional

Sunday, September 28th 2014, 2:11am

On my part thats my bad its more 4 the ones i stated just annoy me more than the ones mongo said since i really haven't ever noticed them touch mage's other than our weapons seem to be less than what some other combo's can get but really i think for the most part mage since it's made of glass usually but hit's a truck its not to bad and usually i notice things i suggest happening when i actually find it to be a problem I'm just lucky like that tho truthfull the itemshop i recently posted is the only change i really say needs to be made other than the lag but the price of diamonds is a tad bigger issue in my book

M/D/R/W 92/83/50/50