You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 3:45pm

New Shop

going to mostly add changes that I don't like about the new shop:

-> Dropdown menus needs to be fixed. currently only provides just 1 item in the dropdown.

if this is intended... :dash: ... please separate atleast the plussing jewels from each other... and perhaps remove the lvl 90 jewels from the IS as some of them are actually MORE expensive than the lvl 100 jewels.

-> the page covers up pretty much the whole screen...can't see chat without pushing the page either to the left or right off the screen...

-> Loading times on the pages are over 5 sec....and sometimes it just errors out:

gets annoying when this happens as soon as you reach the item you want to buy. and sometimes... have to wait a few sec after getting that page for it to load the page... would definitely get annoying for people when all the page says is to close and open it and they keep getting that error page on each load up... either fix it or add "Please wait a few sec before closing and re-opening the page".
side note: something in plantcare addon doesn't like the new IS... keeps opening and closing the IS every few sec by itself.

-> Wheel of (Mis)fortune's possible jackpots doesn't say that you can get iron ore, moxa and 2 more (probably mountain grass and flame dust?) of the low lvl mats... :crazy:
WARNING
getting higher levels increase dia cost and the levels reset after 15 min (thanks for being the guinea pig Zid!)

-> can only gift 1 item at a time...

-> IS page opens every time you port or login... imagine DreamLand now... (thanks countduke forgot about that) ... can't use hotkeys either while page is open...

-> can't link items from IS page....

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "bilalab" (Apr 19th 2016, 5:04pm)

Countduke

Demonlord

Mood: Evil

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 3:52pm

Plus with the long list of your cons you forgot to add when you port and log in each time the new and improved "2.0 IS" opens every time. yay :dash: :dash:

Kalvan was here--Removed superfluous headbangers

ING: Countduke
Guild: Crush
Classes/lvls: S/P/R 100/47/48
Server: Aeterna (The best place to be)
I'm the Demonlord i will brain wash you so that you can do my every whim :missilelauncher:
:borg:

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 3:53pm

Whoever was in charge of creating the new Item shop did a really crappy job. Why have large squares with tiny items inside? I mean what a waste of space. Been a lot better to actually use the entire square to show the Item. Maybe rom can add magnifying glasses to item shop so we can actually see the items :)
Wolfbabe 100Mage/100Warrior/100Priest/50 Knight/44 Rogue/39 Scout Osha server :lol: Sorta retired from RoM 11/20/2016 (still log in and do dailies) . Good Luck to you all. Miserable people focus on the things they hate about their life. Happy people focus on the things they love about their life.

camagic

Professional

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 4:01pm

Addons using the morphclock need to be removed/disabled or the interfere with new itemshop, which include d303fix and plant care.

edit:
going into the addon's folder and removing the morphclock.lua and morphclock.xml will keep other functionality of the addon without interfering with item shop.
95wd/95s/65d
server artemis
Please do not "class balanace" the tactics I use.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "camagic" (Apr 19th 2016, 4:06pm)

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 4:18pm

d303fix is working for me; I just had to remove plantcare

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 4:25pm

I'm not usually one to complain but man... this is the worlds worst UI, so bad people will quit the game over it. Also the new wheel is just terrible 5 level 1 mats? oh thanks i needed that.
Chapter 2 Elfuerte M/R reroll s/r chapter 3
Chapter 4 Eldebil S/WD/R
Chapter 5 Mizettto C/R/M/W/WL/P ( Now Wl/m buff alt)
Currently Eldebil WD/W tank/dps or S/WD dps

Mood: Love

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 4:26pm

All i got to say, we had an item shop that was working, needed new items yes but working. This one seems to have been done by a student as a project at school. Laggy as hell, we didn't need drop menus at all, huge squares and tiny item pics, come on!!!!

The wheel of misfortune was bad before but this person just made it worst for the players. Why hire someone to take care of the item shop that has a degree of computer games economy/statistics, supposed programming skills etc and also actually pay them to do it, when they have no clue what the players in the game needs or wants?? Hire someone who plays the game or other games that knows what players need, this is not WOW or LoL where most of all they sell are skins/costumes and worthless items, this is ROM. Looks like those other games and has nothing to do with the other games.

The excitement of the new item shop lasted as long as it took to patch the game, well done Item shop manager, really hope you get fired. Hence once they see the STATISTICS of the loss of revenue you have caused.

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98
Disturbed guild leader on mithras :thumbsup:
BTW i do live under a bridge, i am Green, i can dish it out as good as i get
There are no better server than Reni, best place to be!!!!!

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 4:45pm

From past experience of a game changing their UI (League changing their UI) it brought an uproar with plenty of hate how players did not like it. Eventually people just got used to it and started to like it over the old one. Not saying this is going to be the case, but that's just from my personal experience with UI/HUD changes.

O man, but seeing all these complaints already LOL, im scared to come home and see this for myself now ahaha. Makes me wonder if they have real actual player feedback or is this all internal.

EDIT: wow i guess its not just a looks change LOL. o mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Osha Erebos - Evilempires
Shaynoff R/S/M (98/98/85)
Rakalaka M/P/L (98/98/98)
Ffonyahs Wd/W/S (98/98/98)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SHAYdynasty" (Apr 19th 2016, 6:30pm)

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 4:47pm

Well look a new trick in Gameforge book of tricks !!! look at the timer and it says it all

Better enjoy the +20 you had cause you ain't getting them anymore unless you spend a crap ton of money, good luck people.

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98

ancientgear

Intermediate

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 4:51pm

Well done , just well done.

edited out profanity. Iso

Made Iso's edited text green ~ Aqualink
-Failed attempt of trying to put a picture in here cause I don't know how to-

ROM's one and only pure stam/pdef stated tank

REACHED 13.57M PDEF ON 29/09/2016, NO SIGIL, HAIDON, ZODIAC OR RELATIONSHIP BUFF.

Retired until mages are buffed or melee's are nerfed
This post has already been reported.

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 4:55pm

Part of me didn't even wanna patch the game and part of me had to see it for myself.

Shoulda listened to the first part.

I'm looking at this beginner's pack - 199 dias - I can apparently buy it once - and apparently I have to buy it to find out what's in it, because the *details* are the same as what's posted up front.

Yeah, that's gonna happen.

It's making me sorry I bought dias over the weekend.

...those are images on that wheel and not specs of dirt, right?

...at least the interface isn't opening with every port on me... if that'd been happening I expect i woulda been ticked off within 5 mins and logged off.

As it is I doubt I'll be opening that interface much for quite awhile.... take a long time to get used to this if I'm forced to.

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 4:58pm

If only I knew had a quote from another post......

From Polog
"Dear Community,

The QA team is starting with the regular tests. If nothing goes wrong, servers should be available again soon.

Thank you for your understanding.

Your ROM team"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA tell us another joke Polog. There's no way that this new shop went through proper testing. The joke of you guys testing it is almost as big of a joke as the shop is.
New Sig Eventually

I Solo'd Horatio Tia 7-28-2012

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 5:08pm

Sheesh... And here I was worried they'd mess up the phirius coin vendors.

I wonder how much of this mess is intended versus "oops". I can't imagine they'd purposefully put level 1 mats in the wheel for diamonds, but then again, who knows.

I personally think that before implementing a major change like this, they should record some video of it from their test server (if they have such a thing) and post it to get opinions from the community. If I remember correctly, they implemented this new item shop because it is the same one in use in some of their other games? Maybe the main reason behind that is that it makes it easier for them to change or update items in the sales? I don't know... Just speculating as to why they would implement this new shop over the old one.
Big Badda Boom
Rogue/Mage 95/70

Oldiesbutgoodies

and 15 minutes later i get back to square 1

All stripes of leveling it up are gone and have to go through the whole process again, NO TYVM!!! plus the slap in the face of getting 5 X level 1 white mats, well done, guess that is one way of getting rid of the player base and close down the game.

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98

Hey atleast US servers are up, i had to remember my US account logins just to come check out this crap myself, what a load of garbage though :D
99/99/99/99/99/99 W/WD/S/D/R/M

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 5:13pm

I'm not usually one to complain but man... this is the worlds worst UI, so bad people will quit the game over it. Also the new wheel is just terrible 5 level 1 mats? oh thanks i needed that.

dont worry its just a copy/paste Shop Interface from other game so theres no big problem, they just forgot that this is RoM and not "OTHER" game

Kalvan was here--Removed all the hate

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 5:31pm

First day jitters, we all get it. I've never been part of a project that ran 100% the first time... so.. let's give them feedback and let the Item Shoppe team work on it.

My question here is: This looks like they just put in a web browser w/ a hard coded URL... so, will it be possible to just buy items from the RoM website w/o logging into the game? ( like how we top up diamonds )

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 6:14pm

Catastropy of the "New" item shop interface.

I cannot express how disappointed I am in the new item shop
interface change. This is a web interface and it’s a hundred times slower than
the in game client based interface. This makes it impossible to create
interface add-ons for the item shop as there were some issues even with the old
interface but were addressable via an add-on (like allowing to send multiple
items as gifts to a player.). I’m sorry but this item shop interface is so slow
and laggy and is not very intuitive. The wheel of fortune is now straight
up gambling. Before at least I would get something useful from my diamond
purchase on the wheel but now it has 3x as many items per spin so you get 1/3 percent
chance to get the item you may be spinning for and even worse it has garbage
worth nothing on it thereby now forcing GAMBLING. I personally am convicted
that Gambling is wrong and Evil and a form of robbery and will not ever
participate in this kind of criminal theft and corruption. The timer on it is
also a ploy to try to make you keep feeding the wheel? How greedy and stupid
this is. I am here to play and enjoy the game and I do contribute by buying
diamonds but I will never use the wheel and I am sure many people will never do
so either in this configuration. I could go on and on with this catastrophe of
an interface change. I am very serious when I say that you need to reinstitute
the original client based Item shop. I usually never post to forums as most
stuff in game is just not worth commenting on but in this case I actually took
the time to register a forum account so I could try to inform Runes of magic of
the unacceptable change to the interface. I am speaking for not just myself but
for every single person that I have spoken to in my guild. (Freedestiny) This
conclusion is just preliminary even we have not even gone through the whole
shop but I am sorry but this is abysmal.

The wheel in the new shop HAS to be removed and replaced with the old system or
at least an improved non gambling one. Straight up gambling as it is now and is wrong. These are not the only issues with the new item shop interface and I am sure we will be posing more. You are going to lose item shop purchases if this continues.
Please consider
Respectfully Bonehawk.

ruisen2000

not a wallet warrior

Mood: Blink

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 6:32pm

If I remember correctly, they implemented this new item shop because it is the same one in use in some of their other games? Maybe the main reason behind that is that it makes it easier for them to change or update items in the sales?
If this item shop is what they used, no wonder those games failed.

New wheel of fortune should say at the top "Just in case you thought it couldn't be worse" :D
Noblewarrior
lv 98/98/89/60 M/W/P/K
Kikosi 98/50/60 Wl/Ch/M
the fail clothie tank~

Inactive

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ruisen2000" (Apr 19th 2016, 6:48pm)

Countduke

Demonlord

Mood: Evil

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 6:36pm

First day jitters, we all get it. I've never been part of a project that ran 100% the first time... so.. let's give them feedback and let the Item Shoppe team work on it.

My question here is: This looks like they just put in a web browser w/ a hard coded URL... so, will it be possible to just buy items from the RoM website w/o logging into the game? ( like how we top up diamonds )
Bro have you seen their fails in the past? this is just another of those fails. May i get an Amen for the old shop

ING: Countduke
Guild: Crush
Classes/lvls: S/P/R 100/47/48
Server: Aeterna (The best place to be)
I'm the Demonlord i will brain wash you so that you can do my every whim :missilelauncher:
:borg: