You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "zidlef" started this thread

Mood: Love

Monday, May 16th 2016, 3:48pm

Item shop issues

Ok so this weekend we had a puri sale, the single stackable boxes could only be bought 1 at a time? like seriously? but all others packages in 1/5/10/20/50, why?

Then we get class expansion tickets on sale, we can buy them in 1/5/10/20/50?? WTH?? Why? you need only 3 per toon, so why? and the other issue with them = we could not gift them to other people!!!

Also all weekend when i was opening the item shop, i kept having a page in my browser opening with error in german, why? really wondering how safe the item shop truly is.

If the item shop manager doesn't work weekends, maybe he/she should make sure what they put up is working and set right before leaving the office.

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98
Disturbed guild leader on mithras :thumbsup:
BTW i do live under a bridge, i am Green, i can dish it out as good as i get
There are no better server than Reni, best place to be!!!!!

Monday, May 16th 2016, 4:38pm

I second this sentiment. I think its total BS about puris.

1. Buying one at at time is just plain dumb. There was, of course, an addon that addressed this issue with the old CS, but now that is gone!

2. The fact that they dont stack is also just plain dumb. Why...just why???
Jacobmo 97Scout/97Warden/95Warrior/97Rogue/88D/85M
Allenmo 78S/77R/56P/1W/1K/1M - retired
Bteam all the way

Monday, May 16th 2016, 5:18pm

On top of the sale issues time ranges being a total clusterf***
Weekend sales used to be friday from 8pm EST to monday 8PM EST, now its... this?
"Friday, 13th of May 2016, at 4pm and Sunday, 15th of May 2016, at 4pm PDT (14th of May at 10am until 16th of May 10am AEST)."
why are we using australian timezones now?

Like zid said the class expansion tickets, commonly sold to other people couldnt be gifted, but you sure as hell could buy a stack of 50 of them for some reason

The mounts for your weekend race disappeared from the shop well before the race began. Your apology item was broken before it disappeared from the shop entirely. (most people seeing no text at all and a green button) New and improved shop that doesnt have to have recycled sales all the time, and we are still having recycled sales all the time.

For something gameforge is now in total control over, management of it is inconsistent at best. Incompetent would be a generous phrase for it.
A real sysadmin knows how to change the time.
If you make the same mistake while trying to make up for the previous one, you are doing something wrong.

As much as I'd love to say I offer consulting services, the scope of things broken is too large.

Yrcanos

The Dungeon Keeper

Monday, May 16th 2016, 7:17pm

Stuff was always announced as PDT/PST in the past, but I believe the Eastern times became more common due to Beren.
PDT is a US time zone but Australian time zones are also posted due to the fact this is the US/AU region for Runes of Magic.

Monday, May 16th 2016, 7:44pm

ok, but why are the sales a whole day shorter?
The wednesday sale is now like a midweek sale so those hours got extended but the weekend sale barely covers the whole weekend
If you make the same mistake while trying to make up for the previous one, you are doing something wrong.

As much as I'd love to say I offer consulting services, the scope of things broken is too large.

Rougetopriest

Professional

Mood: Squint

Monday, May 16th 2016, 7:57pm

all items in the item shop should be giftable in bulk. I play many different account and getting diamonds for each one of them is a huge waste. So if i'm unable to gift multiple items like i use to be (use to be able to do 300 items at once) guess there is no longer a point in purchasing diamonds as it takes 48 hours of gifting to get the stuff all sent to the account i want... zzz
Siege War Videos :)

Semi-Retired

~Zen

Heron

Game Administrator

Tuesday, May 17th 2016, 12:54am

All the problems in one place, clear and concise, perfect for forwarding.

So folks know, we've already asked that the class ticket sale be repeated due to the gift-ability error. We'll see.

Celes

Community Manager replacement

Thursday, May 19th 2016, 2:46pm

Ok so this weekend we had a puri sale, the single stackable boxes could only be bought 1 at a time?
Do you mean that you were not able to buy this item in 5/10/x stack at once from the Shop?
Then we get class expansion tickets on sale, we can buy them in 1/5/10/20/50?? WTH?? Why? you need only 3 per toon, so why? and the other issue with them = we could not gift them to other people!!!
This was a mistake that class expansion ticket lacked the option to be "send as a gift" and we will make sure this won't happen again. There are not plans to not offer "giftable" option for ItemShop items, it was a mistake in a settings.
Also all weekend when i was opening the item shop, i kept having a page in my browser opening with error in german, why? really wondering how safe the item shop truly is.
We really seriously take a look at security of the Shop and there are not indication that it is not "safe" and localization of this error doesn't mean it is "not safe". ;) Your problem looks rather like connection problem.
If the item shop manager doesn't work weekends, maybe he/she should make sure what they put up is working and set right before leaving the office.
Yes, we will make sure that we won't have any further problems like that (not as we like them as well and plan them on purpose ;) ). Again sorry for the problems.
ok, but why are the sales a whole day shorter?
The wednesday sale is now like a midweek sale so those hours got extended but the weekend sale barely covers the whole weekend
Hello,

Currently new promos times looks like:
"mid-week" Mon 16 - Thu 16:00; "mid-week" item HH Thu 16 - Fri 16:00, weekend Fri 16:00 - Sun 16:00; weekend item HH Sun 16:00 - Mon 16:00.

For now it was designed like this and I do understand you would prefer to have weekend from until Sunday 23:59 or Mon 16:00, but for the time being I can only forward this request/feedback to Product Team but decision is not mine to make. :(

Thursday, May 19th 2016, 4:03pm

I'd much rather have the old sales back, and increase happy hour timer. I dont see why you removed happy hour from tuesday at all.
99/99/99/99/99/99 W/WD/S/D/R/M

• "zidlef" started this thread

Mood: Love

Thursday, May 19th 2016, 4:51pm

yes Celes, the puri boxes could only be bought one at a time but all other puri packages could be purchased in 1/5/10/20/50. Those single puri boxes permits players not to have to open 20 at a time and fill up their backpack. I would have bought 2K diamonds of those but didn't just for that reason.

Quoted

Quoted from "zidlef"

Also all weekend when i was opening the item shop, i kept having a
page in my browser opening with error in german, why? really wondering
how safe the item shop truly is.
We really seriously take a look at security of the Shop and
there are not indication that it is not "safe" and localization of this
error doesn't mean it is "not safe". ;) Your problem looks rather like
connection problem.

It has nothing to do with a connection issue, a lot of players on the server have been complaining about this happening to them too. I run many clients and this only started to occur with the latest patch.

TYVM for taking the time to answer my concerns

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98
Disturbed guild leader on mithras :thumbsup:
BTW i do live under a bridge, i am Green, i can dish it out as good as i get
There are no better server than Reni, best place to be!!!!!

Rindal21

Bloody Hell

Tuesday, May 24th 2016, 8:21pm

In reference to the recent COSMETIC TWEAKS to the ITEM SHOP, I would like to say great job!!!! One more step in the right direction!

Tuulikki

International man of mystery

Tuesday, May 24th 2016, 9:30pm

"Great job? For what? fixing something that many feel was an unnecessary change to begin with when there are many other player concerns? Also, what do you mean by "right direction"? Do you really think the Item Shop was some huge issue that was causing players to stop playing? Really?

I get that some players want to cheer lead but have some dignity and self respect. Giving out praise for every little change made to the game just comes off as being a brown nose and marginalizes any actual significant achievements. GF and RW are not children or amateur groups that need constant external validation, they are professional businesses that offer a product for real money. It's like saying "hey ford, forget about any safety issues, thanks so much for making my cup holder in my car an eighth inch deeper because THAT is what has been really driving people away from your cars and trucks."

@Rindal21 - This is nothing personal, yours was just the latest in an increasing trend of like posts.
Titaia (100/100/55 M/P/K), Safia (100/100/75/60 K/P/W/S) - Badkitty
Vivecka (100/100/60 Wd/W/S), Tuulikki (100/100/84 Wd/W/S) - Unity
Vanora (100/70/70 D/Wd/S), Morz (100/100/83 R/S/Wd) - Aurora

Quote: "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde

Rindal21

Bloody Hell

Tuesday, May 24th 2016, 10:25pm

none taken...I completely agree with "unnecessary change to begin with"....unfortunately, RW is not turning back the hands of time, thus forcing the players to use the new Item Shop interface. Since we, as players, are bound to this option, it was nice to see them update to the organizational functions.

Tuesday, May 24th 2016, 11:54pm

If anything the item shop change probably made more people leave than keeping in.

Quite frankly I'll never truly understand the reason that it was released upon us, hell I'd say it was nothing more than a "we have this piece of sh** game we can just push this crap onto for a test for our other games" literally feels like this item shop was literally done over the weekend with 5 drunken monkeys.
100% moo :borg:

browsing the forums more than playing the game :dead:

Wednesday, May 25th 2016, 12:21am

Great, so now it is closer to the features we had before.

Still can't buy certain items in stacks.

Perfect jewels? 1 at a time
Other plussers? pack of 10 for +6ers, pack of 5 for +12s and either 1 or 10 for +16s.

Drillers? well basic you can buy from 1 up to a stack of 50. Advanced? 1 or 5 (only this one gets a bulk discount). Expert? only 1. Master? also only 1

Previewing an item requires you to go into the specific item details.

Here's a fun one. Search. if it can't find what you are looking for it will try to suggest what you are searching for.
(In the case of the recent freebie mount "Peach" turned into a search for "each", "Peac" turned into "per", etc)
Is it slightly better than the previous case sensitive one? In some ways sure. Should it be returning items for what it thought you searched for? y'all aint no google

How about the gifting process?
Go in to the details, click the gift icon, try to find the person in "All contacts" broken into groups for friends and guild members. Each is unsorted. or have to go into enter manually and either click in the name, or type it, then scroll down to even see the gift item button. Then click the purchase button twice. For every purchase.