You are not logged in.

Monday, May 8th 2017, 6:13pm

Pointing out the R/S announcement

Looks like they tried to discreetly and indirectly mention that the R/S bug isn't allowed. You would think that something as game breaking as this would warrant its own big announcement. Having no announcement was pretty much a green light for those that are consistently abusing it but mentioning it at the bottom of the patch notes where it may be overlooked is just as bad as no announcement and gives those an easy excuse of, "Oh I didn't see that."

So here it is clear as day quoted from Polog's patch note post. I even took the liberty to highlight the important part. Hopefully people that currently abuse this will stop & anyone caught still abusing this will be promptly disciplined.

Quoted from "Polog"

[Known Issues]
  • [Map] Ice Blade Plateau has no map.
  • [Skill][Rogue/Scout] Throat Attack always deals 30% damage.
  • [Skill][Rogue/Warrior] Shadowstab heals the enemy for 1%.
  • [Loca] Warning for Devil's Spring isn't translated yet.

Please note that using Bugs is not allowed!
New Sig Eventually

I Solo'd Horatio Tia 7-28-2012

Monday, May 8th 2017, 6:46pm

Anyone using it in the past should just be banned :) But then we'd only have one US server left.
Magío • Mithras

Monday, May 8th 2017, 6:52pm

Looks like they tried to discreetly and indirectly mention that the R/S bug isn't allowed. You would think that something as game breaking as this would warrant its own big announcement. Having no announcement was pretty much a green light for those that are consistently abusing it but mentioning it at the bottom of the patch notes where it may be overlooked is just as bad as no announcement and gives those an easy excuse of, "Oh I didn't see that."
So here it is clear as day quoted from Polog's patch note post. I even took the liberty to highlight the important part. Hopefully people that currently abuse this will stop & anyone caught still abusing this will be promptly disciplined.
Quoted from "Polog"

[Known Issues]
[Map] Ice Blade Plateau has no map.[Skill][Rogue/Scout] Throat Attack always deals 30% damage.[Skill][Rogue/Warrior] Shadowstab heals the enemy for 1%.[Loca] Warning for Devil's Spring isn't translated yet.
Please note that using Bugs is not allowed!
You mean its more game breaking than people running around with 9+ scripted alts being activated with third party programs to solo just about everything?

And also it doesn't always do 30% its capped apparently, so does that its double broken? The only big imbalance is in siege just like p/s. Course this is only every 12s instead of once every second.

Why cant they change mage like this seriously...been waiting 6 years....

dukeletoII

Beginner

Mood: Mellow

Monday, May 8th 2017, 7:43pm

Well, my feelings are that it's not a bug. It clearly says in the description of throat attack that it does 30% damage. What they need to do is make it where it can't be used in siege against any of the buildings or gates. The tower guards should not be in with the buildings/gates because they are NPCs. Now as far as bosses in instances, I feel they are still able to be taken down with throat attack. Just my thoughts on this. But one last thought.... has the skill always been like this and people just didn't know what it would do? Or is it from some recent patch that the skill changed?

Monday, May 8th 2017, 8:08pm

Well, my feelings are that it's not a bug. It clearly says in the description of throat attack that it does 30% damage. What they need to do is make it where it can't be used in siege against any of the buildings or gates. The tower guards should not be in with the buildings/gates because they are NPCs. Now as far as bosses in instances, I feel they are still able to be taken down with throat attack. Just my thoughts on this. But one last thought.... has the skill always been like this and people just didn't know what it would do? Or is it from some recent patch that the skill changed?

1) It's a bug. It has been reported as such. Using it counts as an exploit.

2) Therefore, your feelings don't matter.

3) Do you happen to be from Erebos?

@Karza not imbalanced? lmfao. Have your server clear as often as it does now once it's fixed and come back and tell me it's not imbalanced.
Magío • Mithras

dukeletoII

Beginner

Monday, May 8th 2017, 8:27pm

Magio... quit trolling... I don't need nor want to have you come in and treat honest questions that get asked like that. I just want to know: Was the skill like this before and no one knew it would do the damage that it did? Or did some recent patch mess it up. Since you feel you know everything, then tell me.... Which one is it?

Monday, May 8th 2017, 8:32pm

It wasn't % based in the past, some recent patch changed the skill unintentionally. Hence bug. The s/k healing arrow thing was very similar to this but since very few ppl play s/k, it didn't become a wide spread issue. However, it still got fixed. R/s needs to be fixed too.

It is super imbalanced. People clearing instances with ungeared alts is testament to that. Hard mode instances should be done by well geared toons, not lvl 99/50 alts with no items.

If it isn't fixed, why is anyone bothering to gear your toons for PvE? You could just r/s abuse to farm instances anyways. Only siege gear would have any meaning at all. Skills like this literally defeat the purpose of half the game. People will quit just because no one is earnestly running instances (already know some ppl that have been inactive for weeks on erebos).

Your markets will eventually crashif this isn't fixed because any 50k hp new player can make a r/s with his/her friends and farm the instances instead of buying gear from "end game players". It literally makes no sense to leave such imbalance in the game. At least with "burn or die" mentality, you actually need gear to be able to do the content. Leaving r/s abuse as is removes any barrier to entry of any instance difficulty.

Scripting alts is also bad. Just because ppl do it, doesn't mean its okay. With that said, there's nothing (so far) against using macros and ALt+tab to use multiple characters, but third party software (non-addons) clearly against the rules.
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvw3IXqDgHoaK0lHJnyqBJQ vids of stuff

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BlankMinded" (May 8th 2017, 8:38pm)

Monday, May 8th 2017, 8:41pm

Throat attack on Rogue/Scout never did the extra 30% HP damage. This is definitely not intended as part of an elite. Anyone who thinks this is not overpowered or a problem at all, needs to seek mental help. How is it ok for a lvl 20/20 R/S to be doing that amount of damage to anything WITHOUT any gear. There is no reasonable justification in having that be possible so don't even bother trying. Anyone using this bug/exploit should be given their due punishments just as the OP mentioned.
Maimed - S/WD(R)(W)(M)(D) Wallet/Warrior

Auros

Professional

Monday, May 8th 2017, 10:23pm

The point needs to be made more clearly. Not as a fractured part of an update message.

Someone in authority needs to make a specific post stating that this is a recognized "bug" and anyone caught using said "bug" will face repercussions.

Unless it is stated clearly, and with authority, we will continue to get the response, "well, it says right there in the skill description"...
Govinda P/W/K/M 100x4 :pump:
Wl/R/M/Ch 100x4 :borg:
Wd/W/S 100/100/69 oh gawd, not again :pinch: ... and numerous others Semi-retired :pillepalle:
W/M 100/100 Glass cannon

Monday, May 8th 2017, 10:58pm

Quoted from "dukeletoII"

@Karza not imbalanced? lmfao. Have your server clear as often as it does now once it's fixed and come back and tell me it's not imbalanced.
Elemental Rampage one shotting for 600 million will clear it, Warrior scout Tactical Smash will clear it 175-300m per.

Obviously they messed up on it but dont get all holier than thou about it plenty of skills are fubarred I just wanted to point that out, as usual...it doesnt happen to Mage.

Oh and while youre at it fix silent seal too, its been broken for years.

Tuesday, May 9th 2017, 12:59am

my reaction to some of the replies in this thread :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash:

As statted previously, the skill got changed, it used to be deal X damage, interupts the target and silences it for 4 seconds. Anyone with a minimum of brain would notice that a 30% damage skill is completly broken and was not intended. idk what country you guys are from, but in mine ignoring the law is no excuse for breaking it. :minigun: Hoh sorry i killed that guy... must be fine right I didn't see anywhere telling me not to. try telling that to the police. it's not like there was no way to know it is an exploit, there is an IRC and a forum where you can ask if using the obviously bugged skill of yours can get you banned or ask if the change to the skill was intended or not. If you are new to the game or have little knowledge of r/s you can always ask other players. You can even google "runes of magic Elite skills" and look up r/s on the wiki page.

The fact that some ppl can use addons/macros to get the most out of their group is not only following the rules, but is also completly irrelevant to the question. It's like saying that your neighbor winning the lottery entitles you to rob a bank.

I am totaly with the op, if it wasn't clear enough already:
1. The skill is bugged
2. Whillingly using a game bug to earn an advantage is exploiting
3. Exploiting is banable according to the game TOS

in conclusion: Using r/s Throat attack to take down gates/buildings in siege or killing bosses is an exploit and you should get banned for doing so.
Tankyhealy P/K 98/98
Soppy W98/WD98/S98/D98/R98/M98
vids and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFh1qLzUKyyZHadIxExA_kw
Borella should loot every boss

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "pachat93" (May 9th 2017, 1:05am)

Tuesday, May 9th 2017, 1:00am

Quoted from "dukeletoII"

Elemental Rampage one shotting for 600 million will clear it, Warrior scout Tactical Smash will clear it 175-300m per.

Obviously they messed up on it but dont get all holier than thou about it plenty of skills are fubarred I just wanted to point that out, as usual...it doesnt happen to Mage.

Oh and while youre at it fix silent seal too, its been broken for years.
You still need gear to do that kind of stuff. A R/S with the 20/20 elite is going to do 30% to a maximum of 21 mil damage WITHOUT any gear! Stop trying to justify it and use your brain for once. Also quit your complaining about mage. Everyone knows they're underpowered, but you can do that in another thread in the appropriate forum section. In other words NOT HERE!
Maimed - S/WD(R)(W)(M)(D) Wallet/Warrior

Tuesday, May 9th 2017, 1:59am

Wait... if you aged 5x faster but Throat Attack CD stayed at 12 seconds, would it still be imbalanced?
Radium (Jackiechamp)
Quisty
Mearkin
VVV Reni

YouTube

Tuesday, May 9th 2017, 2:22am

It's clearly an exploit. Certain servers have been heavily exploiting it to clear instances and kill things they shouldn't be able to clear.

Can we get a uniform implementation of the rules for once. If people are gonna get bans for using model folders, for bugging honor parties to farm XP/TP, then you need to ban them for heavily exploiting a clearly bugged skill.
Borella - 100 W/M/S/R/P/K
VVV
If you play P/K in instances you're garbage

Aqualink

Team Manager

Tuesday, May 9th 2017, 3:31pm

A semi-official note on this:

Anything that is obviously unintentional behaviour is usually considered a bug. Only three kind souls reported the issue approximately a week after it's introduction in the ticket system and forum.

Think of it this way: Why in the world would one change a skill to deal 30% of total HP damage to a target, regardless of its or your level, skills, stats or bubblegum flavor, from doing a bit of stat dependent damage and interrupting casting? Do you really think that wasn't an error? As Saito said in IRC last night, "use your brain".

Using that bug to gain a clear advantage is considered an exploit. In this case, it's using the bug to clear instances quickly and not the way intended to clear them. In such case gathering a large group of Rogue/Scouts and repeatedly clearing instances is definitely acknowledging that you are aware that there is a problem and exploiting a flaw within the game. In such case, this is against the Terms of Service and punishments may be handed out accordingly.

Support this way ; RoM Terms of Service ; RoM Forum Rules
Runes of Magic US Team Manager
Thanks to burd for prettiful avatar <3