You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Grumpdaddy

Intermediate

• "Grumpdaddy" started this thread

Wednesday, May 24th 2017, 10:57pm

Lost TP in another weekend???

It's going to happen, Someone is going to complain about all the TP they lost this coming weekend. Let's try to explain so those people understand.

EVERY "questing to level" game I have played has some kind of distribute-able points. When I played Sacred 2, there was only experience points. You spent them on leveling skills as you leveled up. Most MMO games, like ROM, have experience points for leveling and skill points (TP) to put into your skills. At the first couple levels you have plenty and to spare. As you level up, you start seeing a growing deficit. It is deliberately intended to compel you to choose what you want to improve. When you hit level-cap with a 2-point system you can continue to improve your skills with additional skill points.

So now we have the opportunity to level faster by questing for extra XP, but not extra TP. IT can seem like you have lost TP, but the quests have the same amount of TP, regardless of how much XP you get. You do NOT lose TP, but if you skip some of the side quests, focusing only on the main quest chain, you won't have the TP that you "lost" by skipping quests.

Simple solution. After bonus points ends, you will be able to use higher level gear and higher level weapons, so the quests you left behind are now easier to do. Go do them. Also understand that you can now do higher dailies, which generally yield more XP AND TP, so you get ahead faster.

There are other ways to ALSO get more TP. The simplest one I know of is to save quests for later and Grind it like you don't mind it. The usual 10:1 ratio of XP to TP is skewed in favor of TP. You can further skew that by putting TP buff furniture ONLY in your house and make sure you are in the house when you log out. This actually has a massive increase in bonus TP.

Running high level instances, and also Goblin Mines with a level-cap associate gives you huge XP and TP, again, tilted in favor of the TP side of the ratio.

And don't forget that Skill point orbs fill faster, and skill buff potions work better during bonus events.
Don't whine about this gift GF is giving us. Instead plan. Plot. Conspire. Figure out how to best work the TP bonus to your advantage.

In the end, don't be lazy and say "I don't need to do those lower level quests." I have a toon that leveled to 40 riding along with my main while farming Blend runes in Ghost Village. It enabled me to stay below the level of the mobs longer, increasing the drop rate of both the runes and the monster cards. At level 87/87 I took that toon back and cleared elf island, howling mountains, Sascillia steppes, Ystra, Dragonfang Ridge.... all of them. ALL of the lower zones. More titles. More HP from titles. More TP I didn't skip. I have 600 million TP on both classes. And YES, I ran quests on bonus weekends and Christmas.
Grumpdaddy-100/100/75 r/w/s Erebos
Grumpmama 100/100 m/r
Littlegrump 100/100/50 k/p/m
Grumptwo 100/100 r/k
Sneezzy 100/100 m/wl

Wednesday, May 24th 2017, 11:46pm

:lol:
Easy mode new ini is still currently great for TP until runewaker change the db values for the mobs.

Nice clickbait on the title, clicked it expecting to see some qq from a someone on how they weren't going to get to play rom all weekend again xD
99/99/99/99/99/99 W/WD/S/D/R/M

Auros

Professional

Mood: Mellow

Thursday, May 25th 2017, 12:17am

And....this is why this issue never goes away.
Govinda P/W/K/M 100x4 :pump:
Wl/R/M/Ch 100x4 :borg:
Wd/W/S 100/100/100
W/M 100/100 Glass Cannon: oh gawd, not again :pinch: ... and numerous others Semi-retired :pillepalle:

Grumpdaddy

Intermediate

• "Grumpdaddy" started this thread

Thursday, May 25th 2017, 1:06am

Easy mode new ini is still currently great for TP until runewaker change the db values for the mobs
I don't think they really change those values, but as you level up, you get less XP and TP per kill at the level of the mob.
Grumpdaddy-100/100/75 r/w/s Erebos
Grumpmama 100/100 m/r
Littlegrump 100/100/50 k/p/m
Grumptwo 100/100 r/k
Sneezzy 100/100 m/wl

Thursday, May 25th 2017, 1:20am

Cenre was referring to the fact that the mobs you kill in Ice Blade Plateau (easy mode) are giving the same amount of TP you would get from killing them on hard mode. This is surely NOT intended and everyone has been exploiting this since it started, but considering there's another EXP/TP event I should probably stop playing agaIn to go clean my garage. Don't want to cut my TP in half after all.
All I got to say is imagine you get paid a set amount but you are aging 5 times faster than normal will you still get paid the same amount in the long run ?
Maimed - S/WD(R)(W)(M)(D) Wallet/Warrior