You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 12:57am

Rogues best house keeper setup

Ok right now i have

1 maxed out attack house keeper (dur)
1 almost maxed out potion maker
1 trying to max out def house keeper

since it is so rare for me to ever get lucky taget and how amaizing they are and no longer know how to use them past the time frame like you used to anymore.
i am making another house maid just for this but im not going to level it past the tier you get lucky target. as each tier just adds more stuff to waht you can get giving you less and less chance to get lucky target. but the high level stuff is still good so its nice to have high lvl too =/

caviar runs out way to fast for 1 guy to provide for you. especialy since max you can get charisma is 39 you wont get alot of stacks.

so for 6th one. wonder if i should get a 3rd potion guy or a 3rd food guy wait . second? i lost count.

anyways just wondering if this is good set up. or if there is more optimal.

maybe should i have like just the atk/def and rest pure food.

put 6x potion guys on another account char. and just pk trade stuff i wnat

what do you all do :)

this is like one of the few benefits of the crappy economy. with easily getting such large value of gold it means buying 6 housekeeper needs much less play time to pay for them.

LonerMan

Trainee

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 1:55am

As a Rogue I have
- 1 for cooking (not too high in order to get caviar)
- 2 for attack (maxed)
- 1 for defense (maxed)
- 2 for crafting (maxed)

All this was a long time ago. I would have changed it if I had known how they would change the R,K.

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 2:16am

wait...we can get an attack buff and a defense buff? this i did not know
do you have to get it from 2 house keepers or will you get both from one?

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 2:26am

why 2 attack. and yes r/k change is stupid. the patk nerf was stupid. r/k was not a realk tank. just a dpsy type tank for instances u out gear and have on farm so u can just go bit faster.
the onyl real good elite now is the anti mage one for pvp. all others are meh.

disarment literaly hurts you more. almost all rogue would probably remove this if they even had a choice. fear one is so situational. i guess maybe kind of good for siege with the new flame tower spam metagame going on.
lvl 50 gives such horrible pa its barly noticable to someone lvling with 4k hp.
light hand one really needs its dmg to scale with gear.
but this is seriously off topic.

i recently join a pretty high end guild on my server. even though rouge/scout makes up literaly majority of the guild they still wanted me as that instead so I did it.

whta set up would u do as r/s

why 2 attacks? i have a maxed one and I do not have trouble getting ether buffs really. crit if my pa is good enough for w/e im doing or pa if im doing higher instance then my gear allows.
the really only thing i need multiples off is caviar. as you really need to use it so often and the stacks you get are small per use.
and the crafting potion invention guy as there is a large pool of items and many are too usefull to not have like lucky target or cast speed one for casters.

is there still a "way" to use housekeeper items after 24 hours.

but still pretty nice how economey suck so hard with npc items. millers cake bought from vendor now better value then gold eggs.

6th housemaid for almost 7mill at start of the year would really rape your wallet.

aardvark3

Professional

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 2:27am

4 housekeepers

1 battle at 100, crafting and cooking 80

1 protection at 100, crafting and cooking 80

1 crafting 100, cooking 80

1 cooking 100, crafting 80

Results max attack, or max protection and every potion and enough food

with the 100 the crafting housekeeper and 3 other housekeepers at 80 crafting i get enough chances to always get lucky and galloping as well as all other crafting potions.
Since a lot of potions I use come up at the lower crafting levels using all my housekeepers for multiple puropses is far better than just getting one skill of each and hoping.

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 2:27am

Quoted from "gorge;468178"

wait...we can get an attack buff and a defense buff? this i did not know
do you have to get it from 2 house keepers or will you get both from one?

They won't stack. Once you get high enough to get the % along with flat numbers, you CAN have, say, 6% hp along with a flat number of patk or crit...but you can't have 6% + # hp and 6% + # patk at the same time.

Formerly Catorii, D/S/M of Faction.

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 3:57am

Quoted from "aardvark3;468187"

4 housekeepers

with the 100 the crafting housekeeper and 3 other housekeepers at 80 crafting i get enough chances to always get lucky and galloping as well as all other crafting potions.
Since a lot of potions I use come up at the lower crafting levels using all my housekeepers for multiple puropses is far better than just getting one skill of each and hoping.

sorry i do not really understand getting housekeeprs at multiple skills.

1 you are pretty much allready limited by fatigue greatly always. even more so using 2.

at lvl 40 you no longer get caviar the only rogue food worth while. the high level food is kind of good for levelingas u dont get alot of crit obviously.

and you have 2 left over house maids to use.
hm. after thinking about it for a little bit.

maybe getting main stuff that i need high lvl. like atk/def/potions
could get the cooking to 39 or something on eahc. but i duno.
potions you really need to spam the fatigue bar and still dont get what you want.
unlike the crafting ones. the buffing ones you must have at 100 caped skill for itx max effect and this takes way long. 2 weeks my last 2 points.

im mostly interested if using lucky target after 24hours is up is sitll around. because i dont know about any of you but having a 24 hour limit on a stack of 20 items that last 2 hours each is a little bit silly.

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 5:42am

Quoted from "aardvark3;468187"

4 housekeepers

I am aiming at same setup - one 100 battle, one 100 protection, one 100 crafting, and one 100 cooking.

Recently replaced all of mine because I stupidly hired them at 80 max charisma without realizing how important it is. Then I looked at other people buffs and said "Hey, why do they get 6% HP bonus and I get 2%"? Turns out I need to get not just 100 in the target skill but 100 charisma.

Will likely get a fifth one for caviar sandwiches. I think that works well enough and with inflation, the HKs are getting more and more affordable. Must not be working for housekeeper union.
-- Rustyx --- 92R / 92S / 92M on Reni (Guild KnightShift). Yes, running the new FOTM R/M, cause I am not elf enough to be WD/S.

Oh, and people who have more than 3 classes are clinically insane.

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 6:48am

Quoted from "vfwiffo;468239"

Recently replaced all of mine because I stupidly hired them at 80 max charisma without realizing how important it is. Then I looked at other people buffs and said "Hey, why do they get 6% HP bonus and I get 2%"? Turns out I need to get not just 100 in the target skill but 100 charisma.

hmm say what? I think you got confused. Charisma really only affects like how long ur buffs last, how many items you get per obtained stack, etc.

At 100 defense/80 charisma, 6% HP is given. If it's not the dominant skill of the maid, then ur max defense is 80/80 charisma, therefore only 2% is given.

At least my maids r like that.
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´ ¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.

(◕‿◕) \(●̮̮̃•̃)/ ღ~*•..¸˛.•*¨*•.¸Osha + Grimdal + Siochain = Home Sweet Home ¸.•*¨*•.˛¸.•*~ღ \(●̮̮̃•̃)/ (◕‿◕)

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 10:02am

if you have not yet had a caviar house keeper then you wouldnt know. but just 1 is not enough. unlike other foods that last a ralther long time. you have to spam this often.

not only this but unlike other foods again have 100charisma for a really big stack. you will get to have a max of 39 charisma and will not be as big. this combined with the fact you use them 5 times more often as other food. you really need more than just 1 source.

i ahve had a full fatigue bar worth of caviar run out on me just half hour of farming dod.

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 1:30pm

Quoted from "EscapeTheFate03;468248"

hmm say what? I think you got confused. Charisma really only affects like how long ur buffs last, how many items you get per obtained stack, etc.

At 100 defense/80 charisma, 6% HP is given. If it's not the dominant skill of the maid, then ur max defense is 80/80 charisma, therefore only 2% is given.

At least my maids r like that.

Hmmm.... I had 2% on my old housekeeper (not house maid, those do not give you buffs) when at 100. Wonder why. I guess doesn't matter now.

No sense in not hiring 100 charisma ones anyway. Longer buff or greater number of pots/food, might as well get a little more. Except for caviar sandwich one, that one can be anyone.
-- Rustyx --- 92R / 92S / 92M on Reni (Guild KnightShift). Yes, running the new FOTM R/M, cause I am not elf enough to be WD/S.

roguefx

rustyx is lame rogue

Mood: Unsure

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 3:08pm

Are you sure about 6%?

My protection housekeeper with charisma in 60s and protection in low 30s gave 550HP to my 4.5K toon. (and that makes a lot of difference at this level :))

Both of her tops (charisma and aptitude or what's called are 100)

Only thing that I dislike is that you can have only one buff from them. (at least that is the way it works for me) It would be sweet if you can have one of each. (attack + protection buffs, just like with food)

LonerMan

Trainee

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 3:21pm

You can have both a percentage defense buff and a fixed offense buff. This is why I have 1 defense and 2 attack. Any time I run an instance I will get an attack buff. And when I run siege or tank I get a defense buff.

So I need more offensive buffs than defensive buffs.

roguefx

rustyx is lame rogue

Mood: Unsure

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 3:42pm

Thank you for clearing this up.

Probably reason my buffs cancel each other is because I have magical buff (for my mage) and defensive buff. I will get attack one (100 on attack) most likely today.

Did anyone notice difference between HK?? Some of them level very easily and some take forever to level. :D

I got 2 of them at the same time, and one of them is almost 80 while other is still in low 60s charisma. :o

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 6:31pm

Quoted from "cexx;468278"

if you have not yet had a caviar house keeper then you wouldnt know. but just 1 is not enough. unlike other foods that last a ralther long time. you have to spam this often.

not only this but unlike other foods again have 100charisma for a really big stack. you will get to have a max of 39 charisma and will not be as big. this combined with the fact you use them 5 times more often as other food. you really need more than just 1 source.

i ahve had a full fatigue bar worth of caviar run out on me just half hour of farming dod.

Does lvl 39 give you the best chance to receive caviar? or is that just the lvl you don't want to go past? It's been a while so I can't remember what lvl you start receiving caviar.

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 7:20pm

Quoted from "Ghost2171;468377"

Does lvl 39 give you the best chance to receive caviar? or is that just the lvl you don't want to go past? It's been a while so I can't remember what lvl you start receiving caviar.

Housekeeper guide says 21-40, so I would not go above 39. 40 might be safe. And food is not random, so there is no "chance" there involved. You get what you get all the time, and that is the only thing you get

I think HK unimaginable salad ((patt + 1200) x 15% +1200 bonus to patt) is more valuable than HK caviar sandwich (10% crit damage + 48 crit). But, of course, for the best setup you get both.

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 8:15pm

Quoted from "vfwiffo;468388"

Housekeeper guide says 21-40, so I would not go above 39. 40 might be safe. And food is not random, so there is no "chance" there involved. You get what you get all the time, and that is the only thing you get

I think HK unimaginable salad ((patt + 1200) x 15% +1200 bonus to patt) is more valuable than HK caviar sandwich (10% crit damage + 48 crit). But, of course, for the best setup you get both.

Can you have both up at the same time? Salad & caviar.

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 9:44pm

Quoted from "Ghost2171;468408"

Can you have both up at the same time? Salad & caviar.

They should stack with no issues.

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 10:53pm

2 battle housekeepers at 100 (i don't want any crit rate buff darnit)
1 protection housekeeper 100 and crafting 80
1 cooking housekeeper at 45 (for caviar)
1 crafting housekeeper at 90 (no point lvling higher since after 90 i don't think you get anything new from crafting)

pdmg food is still better then pattk so no point in lvling up a cooking HK for it.

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 3:37am

Quoted from "Berec;468481"

2 battle housekeepers at 100 (i don't want any crit rate buff darnit)
1 protection housekeeper 100 and crafting 80
1 cooking housekeeper at 45 (for caviar)
1 crafting housekeeper at 90 (no point lvling higher since after 90 i don't think you get anything new from crafting)

pdmg food is still better then pattk so no point in lvling up a cooking HK for it.

i wouldnt say pdmg is better then patk.

you need to be at the proper level of patk for the boss you are fighting or else your damage will just be so crapy. if you have the patk then yes pdmg is better. same with crit on house keepr. no point in having more patk if you are much higher then boss you are fighting.
hell u can have nem blade out dps someone with tia. if you have just that much more patk to compete with boss defense.

Huge problem i have now with housekeepr is i talk to my crafter guy full fatigue all week i did not get lucky target once. that buff is so good and important ( i dont remember does it help with od gear or not) but it is so good for anything you do. but it only last 24 hours even if you get a stack of 40 so stupid. and the only way you can renew it is if you put it on another new stack. but if you had anew stack you wouldnt need to renew old onerof.

but in like a week of crafting not get 1 single proc of lucky target. sigh.