You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We are moving to a new board. Come join us. This board will go into read-only mode on 20.06. /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

RoMage

rustyx is lame rogue

• "RoMage" started this thread

Mood: Unsure

Monday, October 10th 2011, 2:16pm

Fire Mage

Last night I have reset my TP on my mage, and I maxed flame, fireball, wisdom, fire knowledge and purgatory fire. What else should I put TP into??

Any additional suggestions??

RoMage

rustyx is lame rogue

Monday, October 17th 2011, 4:07pm

I guess I'm doing something right, as no one had any additional suggestions. :p :D

Well, I was able to max Flame, Fireball, Purgatory Fire, Wisdom and Fire Knowledge (that one tops at 50) and I have now Wind Knoledge at 40, but did not level any of corresponding wind skills yet. Only reason I put some TP in wind is to get Thunderstorm back, and at first I could not figure out why it does not work any more. (can't see it in my skill list, it shows name, but no icon) and I just figured out that you have to have lighting at 15 in the order to use Thunderstorm. :D So if anyone else has this problem, solution is very simple - level Lighting to 15 (which adds 1.5 sec to lighting rooting ability). :D

Tuesday, October 18th 2011, 10:13am

some skills require certain other skills.

its been a while but I think TS requires Electric Bolt just look in the skill list it will say (albeit fine print)

Tuesday, October 18th 2011, 4:11pm

Try to max wind knowledge, you'll use lighting, discharge and thunder storm for cc.
Energy influx is a must for additional crit.

Depend on which combo you are playing, m/r you have some dark skills, while as m/k, you want to give tp to star of light, messenger of god and light charge, feel free to ignore any other elites.
=.=

RoMage

rustyx is lame rogue

Wednesday, October 19th 2011, 2:16pm

Thank you for your comment!

I just leveled last night, and I am max on Flame (52), Fire(52), Fire Knowledge (50), Purgatory Fire (52). As I already said, I started putting TP into Wind Knowledge (45), Lighting (15) and Thunderstorm (35). I hope by level 55 to have WK at 50. At the moment I am not worried about energy influx, but I see that as soon as I have spare TP I will use it on buffs rather then on other skill element (dark or light).

My plan is to level to 55, then go back and level Knight with quests that my mage has already outgrow. (another double XP weekend would greatly improve my class combination :D )

Any idea what sets I should be looking at? ATM my gear is all yellow dirty stated, and I am missing Bloodthirsty earning for Vahto's set. (everything in set is mostly +8, with one piece being +4) Should I invest more time/resources to + set to +12 or should I just leave it at current level? Is it worth to dirty-state the set??

God, I have way to many questions... :)

Wednesday, October 19th 2011, 6:15pm

Quoted from "RoMage;476083"

Thank you for your comment!

I just leveled last night, and I am max on Flame (52), Fire(52), Fire Knowledge (50), Purgatory Fire (52). As I already said, I started putting TP into Wind Knowledge (45), Lighting (15) and Thunderstorm (35). I hope by level 55 to have WK at 50. At the moment I am not worried about energy influx, but I see that as soon as I have spare TP I will use it on buffs rather then on other skill element (dark or light).

My plan is to level to 55, then go back and level Knight with quests that my mage has already outgrow. (another double XP weekend would greatly improve my class combination :D )

Any idea what sets I should be looking at? ATM my gear is all yellow dirty stated, and I am missing Bloodthirsty earning for Vahto's set. (everything in set is mostly +8, with one piece being +4) Should I invest more time/resources to + set to +12 or should I just leave it at current level? Is it worth to dirty-state the set??

God, I have way to many questions... :)

From above, you can solo all the world elites easy. As for world boss, don't bother, you won't be geared enough for most if not all of them of your level. Ask your guild for instance specs. Most guilds these days just drag though low end instances.

As for vahtos (is it the best?...debatable), either sell them when you get purple set from hos and up OR keep and stat them piece by piece by purify attribute stone (166~200 diamond ish a clean = 8~10m gold) on overdura ones...looking at any where from 20~70m gold a piece in AH. If you don't spend any money on this game, I'll suggest hos purple or up for survivability...it never hurts to have more.

When you at this stage of game, you have to keep in mind in the near future, you'll have to choose between pay or stay free. If you pay, I recommend DON'T sell diamonds, you'll have to use them on yourself. If you choose stay free, be prepare little more grinding or pick up alchemy or cooking (where you may not meet the spec but food/pot buff will make it so).

It has been long time for me to revisit the white gear idea. However, it is still a possible solution. Go to boudlerwind village, there is a fusion stone seller that cost 30 mentos per pop. Choose 3 green stats on fusion stone (remember all the same name stat on the stone), choose all stamina or intelligence related. You'll end up with x, ix, and viii (or x and ix with your overdura white got a green stat). Now for 3 yellow stats, only take only int/matk and int/stam nothing else (get it from dalanis for 10-20 mentos if you can't get it from hos or hodl runs).

You can go for 1 green stat and 5 yellow stats, but that won't worth the mentos you invest in. As being a m/k, you can drop 1-2 stamina for int if you looking for more damage. Feel free to + it, since it is overdura white which is not bound. You can sell it or give it to your guild mates once you out grow it.

If you choose to stat purple gear with 1 green 5 yellow or 3 green 3 yellow. Don't bother sell it, your unbinder don't worth the return.

Begin looking for a good staff. That is the only thing can't be replaced. However, there are alot of hand me down staff on AH, look for the best price tiered one. Normally if not always, cheaper than tier up one on your own.

Wings, as free player, you either get heavenly black wings (6k phiris on your own) or little devil wings (120ish ruby, 15 ruby each). Getting the best out of them, try to get the end game stats, ie crimson, bunker or castle. So you don't out grow it and it will stay competitive till next chapter.

As level 50+, try to attemp the mini games: malatine, ruins and gobs. You'll get shell from them and shell is used to trade in for stats. I recommend once you get the stat, either use it on clean overdura vahtos and wings or sell them on AH to collect enough gold to buy a hand me down tiered staff or stated purple equip on AH.

Feel free to ask away, that is what forum are suppose for :D
=.=

Wednesday, October 19th 2011, 6:17pm

Quoted from "Sadz202;475712"

as m/k, you want to give tp to star of light, messenger of god and light charge, feel free to ignore any other elites.

just to be picky, the skill is called messenger of LIGHT, not god lol.

responding to the OTHER part in bold:

why would u ignore all other elites???

Energy Recovery for M/K is an excellent boost when leveled up. its a passive elite that can be leveled up and is attached to Energy Influx.

So Energy Influx increases your crit points, while having a leveling up Energy Recovery ADDITIONALLY increases your overall critical damage percentage.

so i ask again, why would you ever ignore that???

Wednesday, October 19th 2011, 6:38pm

Quoted from "ac673w;476143"

just to be picky, the skill is called messenger of LIGHT, not god lol.

responding to the OTHER part in bold:

why would u ignore all other elites???

Energy Recovery for M/K is an excellent boost when leveled up. its a passive elite that can be leveled up and is attached to Energy Influx.

So Energy Influx increases your crit points, while having a leveling up Energy Recovery ADDITIONALLY increases your overall critical damage percentage.

so i ask again, why would you ever ignore that???

Thx for correcting the names, all i remember is messenger of something. And I pretty positive the last time I read it (1.5 years ago maybe), that something is god not light. (and you can't see the skeleton skull on some shield with slim)
Feel free to ignore, not abandon, any skills. When you have 2 piece of +16 ring, your crit damage from that bonus is just so small compare to it, have to consider TP return as low level. I think at any given level above 55, you only have enough tp to max 3-4 skills. Generally for m/k, flame, fireball, star of light, light charge, wisdom and energy inflex being on the top of the list.
=.=

RoMage

rustyx is lame rogue

Wednesday, October 19th 2011, 7:27pm

Quoted from "Sadz202;476142"

From above, you can solo all the world elites easy. As for world boss, don't bother, you won't be geared enough for most if not all of them of your level. Ask your guild for instance specs. Most guilds these days just drag though low end instances.

Yes, you are correct, I am able to deal with elite in my level, as long as they don't group. (had fun situation with skeletons other day :))

My guild is just forming, so atm we are not running any instances. Hope this will change soon. I'm willing to invest time to help others to level up so that we can run trough instances, which would be a good learning curve for me as well. At the moment I believe that apart form leader and her husband, I'm next in level rooster.

As for vahtos (is it the best?...debatable), either sell them when you get purple set from hos and up OR keep and stat them piece by piece by purify attribute stone (166~200 diamond ish a clean = 8~10m gold) on overdura ones...looking at any where from 20~70m gold a piece in AH. If you don't spend any money on this game, I'll suggest hos purple or up for survivability...it never hurts to have more.

I am ashamed that I did not even know about collecting Vahtos for mage, and I have no idea about debate regarding if is best. Until a week ago I had no idea about bonuses when plused, and soon as I had better items, I placed those in housekeeper inventory. :D Good thing I did not sell it in AH or to npc. I did get one wrong item, thus incomplete set, and AH prices for stated one are just out of my range atm.

When you at this stage of game, you have to keep in mind in the near future, you'll have to choose between pay or stay free. If you pay, I recommend DON'T sell diamonds, you'll have to use them on yourself. If you choose stay free, be prepare little more grinding or pick up alchemy or cooking (where you may not meet the spec but food/pot buff will make it so).

I believe I have already made my choice, with purchasing more then one mount. :D and couple of backpack slots. I like this game and I don't mind to pay a bit to have so more fun. I never intended to sell any diamonds, and I don't mind grinding and farming to get me somewhere in the game. (as long as I have fun doing so :)) As for craft, I found Alchemy and Cooking being the best for me, so atm I'm leveling those two. I believe I will master only Alchemy on main toon.)

It has been long time for me to revisit the white gear idea. However, it is still a possible solution. Go to boudlerwind village, there is a fusion stone seller that cost 30 mentos per pop. Choose 3 green stats on fusion stone (remember all the same name stat on the stone), choose all stamina or intelligence related. You'll end up with x, ix, and viii (or x and ix with your overdura white got a green stat). Now for 3 yellow stats, only take only int/matk and int/stam nothing else (get it from dalanis for 10-20 mentos if you can't get it from hos or hodl runs).

You can go for 1 green stat and 5 yellow stats, but that won't worth the mentos you invest in. As being a m/k, you can drop 1-2 stamina for int if you looking for more damage. Feel free to + it, since it is overdura white which is not bound. You can sell it or give it to your guild mates once you out grow it.

If you choose to stat purple gear with 1 green 5 yellow or 3 green 3 yellow. Don't bother sell it, your unbinder don't worth the return.

Begin looking for a good staff. That is the only thing can't be replaced. However, there are alot of hand me down staff on AH, look for the best price tiered one. Normally if not always, cheaper than tier up one on your own.

As I am not running any real instances, I don't farm mentos yet. I hope that this will change in feature, and that I will be able to state my gear this way.

Wings, as free player, you either get heavenly black wings (6k phiris on your own) or little devil wings (120ish ruby, 15 ruby each). Getting the best out of them, try to get the end game stats, ie crimson, bunker or castle. So you don't out grow it and it will stay competitive till next chapter.

I just missed sale they did with wings, if I knew this earlier, I would probably have one by now. From what I gathered (thank you vfwiffo :)), it really does not matter what wings you get, none of them have any stats, right?

As level 50+, try to attemp the mini games: malatine, ruins and gobs. You'll get shell from them and shell is used to trade in for stats. I recommend once you get the stat, either use it on clean overdura vahtos and wings or sell them on AH to collect enough gold to buy a hand me down tiered staff or stated purple equip on AH.

Feel free to ask away, that is what forum are suppose for :D

Last night actually friend from forum dragged me trough GG. It was my first experience that with some luck, and friends good reflexes I was able to survive. (for some strange reason Evelyn did aggro on my char, even I was way behind?!) With group of 50+ char I can see GG doable, but at the moment I don't have such a group.

So, to sum it up, at the moment I am putting TP into right place (except Energy Influx, which I will focus on as soon as my wind knowledge is maxed). I was thinking to add more point to intensification, not sure should I wait on that or not. (it is nice buff for boss fight, but as you said, I'm far from fighting any real bosses anyway)

Just to mention, on knight side I maxed or general skills - the one that I can use as mage as well. So I maxed enhanced armor, devotion, defense technique and resilience.

Thank you for detailed comments and suggestions!

Wednesday, October 19th 2011, 8:22pm

Reason I promote those 2 wings is because one is accessible for free players who does dailys regularly w/o any idea what to spend on and other one is just inexpensive to get even if other wings gone on sale.

As for aggro, if you pot mana or hp, you'll gain aggro. I'm guessing you pot it for some reason.

As for bag pack slot, you can trade 5 days of badges from ruin mini game for 7 days rental on backpack space or a chance of 30 day.

Even though your guild may not run hos or hodl, I recommend take up pug to complete them. A heads up experience and a start on gathering yellow stats. Mage stat in general are hard to come by, so better start early.
=.=

RoMage

rustyx is lame rogue

Wednesday, October 19th 2011, 9:16pm

You are right, I did pot as I took some hits just before we got there. That must be a reason she went directly toward me.

I will try to get PUG for those instances, you are right... now that I have at least guild and library available, learning should be much easier. :D

As for wings, I am low on rubies (thanks to perfect stones), so it might take me some time to get them, but I'll keep in mind what you told me.

Thank you!

GarryL

Professional

Thursday, October 20th 2011, 2:08am

Quoted from "RoMage;476190"

You are right, I did pot as I took some hits just before we got there. That must be a reason she went directly toward me.

Nope! Evelyn in Goblin Games always goes directly towards the weakest member in the group even if they are hiding way back up the tunnel, pots & heals have nothing to do with it.

Just make sure the most able party members at the front hit her to get aggro & remember 2 or more Evelyns can & often do spawn.
"I can stand brute force but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect."
Oscar Wilde

Thursday, October 20th 2011, 2:19am

Quoted from "GarryL;476260"

Nope! Evelyn in Goblin Games always goes directly towards the weakest member in the group even if they are hiding way back up the tunnel, pots & heals have nothing to do with it.

Just make sure the most able party members at the front hit her to get aggro & remember 2 or more Evelyns can & often do spawn.

Thx for that info. I guess that is a lowbie prevention method.
=.=

RoMage

rustyx is lame rogue

Thursday, October 20th 2011, 2:16pm

Thank you for info.

So without proper party with high-level player I would not be able to finish the games. (in other words, best to wait a bit more until I can survive her attack)

I have another question, would it make more sense to play with M/R or M/K. With M/K I do get some extra XP and enhanced armor, but I wonder if kiss of vampire (or what's called) with rogue wil offset that, giving me 10% HP and having only 60 sec CD. Also I wonder if being able to use wand + dagger (and I have one stated) is better then single staff?!

Thursday, October 20th 2011, 5:09pm

Quoted from "GarryL;476260"

Is it known what causes that double spawn? Those who farm her recipes would want to trigger that, and those who are lower-geared (or taking lower geared along on GG farms) would want to avoid it.

Quoted from "RoMage;476342"

So without proper party with high-level player I would not be able to finish the games. (in other words, best to wait a bit more until I can survive her attack)

As is the case with many bosses, you can solo the rest of the instance long before you can solo the bosses. She certainly killed me enough in her days.

Here is another question... does she always spawn with water elementals, or the first group you attack, whichever it is? If it is the first one, it would make sense to leave the water till last, so you can at least collect 30 shells before tackling the boss.
-- Rustyx --- 92R / 92S / 92M on Reni (Guild KnightShift). Yes, running the new FOTM R/M, cause I am not elf enough to be WD/S.

Oh, and people who have more than 3 classes are clinically insane.

Thursday, October 20th 2011, 6:19pm

She spawn at 5th (6th?) mob killed
She double spawn if 5th and 6th (or 6th and 7th) mob killed at the same time or relatively close time frame.

To avoid it, just kill enough mob that spawn her, wait for 5 second on killing rest of mobs. (you can use that 5 second to attack her)

She can be spawn with other elements too, only condition is 5th or 6th kill.
=.=

RoMage

rustyx is lame rogue

Thursday, October 20th 2011, 7:02pm

What are her stats? (mainly HP) and can I prepare for attack? (like more MDef or more PDef from maid, or potoins/etc?

I know I myself am moving discussion in different direction, but just so I don't have to open new topic and while you both are here... :)

Is there certain number on any of my stats that I should be worried, or should know. (like MAttack or MDamage) for GG?

I agree, I should be doing what I was doing with FA, slowly grind as far as I can. There are some great drops/treasures along the way, much before evelyn. :) I will give it a shoot tonight again.

Hospitaler3

Beginner

Occupation: Junior Assistant at a Theater. Not as fun as it sounds.

Friday, October 21st 2011, 3:49am

M/R

Kiss is decent. But a m/r with a wand dagger, and the dagger stated is weaker then a Staff, now if the dagger were tiered it would be slightly more then a staff. Cant comment on the new weapons, as im still lvl 60. (what? Im an Altaholic?) IF your gunna go M/R and use wand and dagger, tier them both. And kiss 10% really isnt that great. Unless ur Uber geared. Then you probably wouldnt need the heal in the first place. Something Pleasant about Kiting mobs and players alike while they rot away with ur dots though..... Super fun. You may die, but u can be assured, theymost likely will too :p